UEFA ruling on Rangers fans imminent

tartofmidlothian

Coburg Hearts

Graham Spiers on Twitter

Quote:

UEFA to consider a fine, plus a closed-doors 'suspended sentence for Rangers

As someone has just replied to him.............it's the new six strikes and you're out rule.:lol:

Graham Spiers on Twitter

Quote:

UEFA to consider a fine, plus a closed-doors 'suspended sentence for Rangers

Oh that'll really get them told right enough.

Boo UEFA, BOO. No mercy!

to be fully honest i was expecting the closed doors punishment to be downgraded. possibly used as a last-chance-saloon reprieve for them. a wake up call to be taken notice of and acted upon.

even if this happens... they're too arrogant to do what needs done. hopefully they'll get caught out again and banned from europe.

According to Sportsound Facebook page: UEFA's ruling. Rangers will play their next European AWAY game without travelling fans. The club will also pay a total fine of 80 thousand euros

"Uefa/RFC breaking: Rangers fined e80,000, Ibrox ?closed-doors? suspended sentence, plus limit on away ticket-sales to fans in Europe. (TBC)."

Spiers 15 mins ago on Twitter

"Uefa/RFC breaking: Rangers fined e80,000, Ibrox ?closed-doors? suspended sentence, plus limit on away ticket-sales to fans in Europe. (TBC)."

Spiers 15 mins ago on Twitter

That's pathetic....

According to Sportsound Facebook page: UEFA's ruling. Rangers will play their next European AWAY game without travelling fans. The club will also pay a total fine of 80 thousand euros

so instead of banning bigots they are just limiting their numbers?

way to go UEFA :down:

Foreign fans get away with a lot worse than singing naughty songs. British fans are always hit hardest. UEFA know they went right over the score with their original ruling.

Harry Palmer

Fined 40,000 Euros and banned for 2 away games...(1 suspended) BBC ticker thingy.....Dung had the exclusive...

one can only assume that UEFA are labouring under the delusion that they're dealing with a normal football club, run by completely honest and sincere people. rangers could use this episode as a watershed to educate their support that major changes have to begin immediately and that a new charter of behaviour will be brought in and prosecuted robustly... they wont. they'll herald this as a decision of common sense and possibly even declare it a victory. they wont do a damn thing beyond that.

and right on cue, martin bain has just released rangers response in which he has ripped right in about FARE and questioned their integrity.

Harry Palmer

and right on cue, martin bain has just released rangers response in which he has ripped right in about FARE and questioned their integrity.

ROLF! :rofl:

rolf-harris.jpg

Foreign fans get away with a lot worse than singing naughty songs. British fans are always hit hardest. UEFA know they went right over the score with their original ruling.

They didn't go far enough. I don't understand anyone on here defending Rangers in this.

Drylaw Hearts

They didn't go far enough. I don't understand anyone on here defending Rangers in this.

It's true though.

In Italy I've heard/read stories of fans pissing, shitting and vomiting on opposition fans in the areas below.

I'm sure there was even a story about a scooter being thrown from the stands.

Rangers are without doubt deserving of action but it's about time UEFA started treating all clubs/fans equally.

It's true though.

In Italy I've heard/read stories of fans pissing, shitting and vomiting on opposition fans in the areas below.

I'm sure there was even a story about a scooter being thrown from the stands.

Rangers are without doubt deserving of action but it's about time UEFA started treating all clubs/fans equally.

Probably true but I couldn't care less how unfair any punishment Rangers get it as long as they get punished. I don't care what Italian fans do; I do care what the Bigot Brothers do.

Of course all clubs should be punished equally but in this case I'm not too bothered about fairness.

Drylaw Hearts

Probably true but I couldn't care less how unfair any punishment Rangers get it as long as they get punished. I don't care what Italian fans do; I do care what the Bigot Brothers do.

Of course all clubs should be punished equally but in this case I'm not too bothered about fairness.

You won't be saying that if we get an Italian team in Europe next season and whilst you're watching the match a bag of shit lands on your head.

Much, much worse than a few songs imo.

You won't be saying that if we get an Italian team in Europe next season and whilst you're watching the match a bag of shit lands on your head.

Much, much worse than a few songs imo.

Yes, fair point. However, when I hear Rangers are being punished my first thought is "******* brilliant, hope they get banned" not "poor innocent little Rangers are being punished, what about all the other teams that are worse?"

Such a pity they were lenient. Would have made a big impact to lose out on ticket sales if they were forced to play behind closed doors.

With the Weegies behaving for the most part at the weekend and Uefa dumbing down I fear that the spotlight will go out on the vile institutions that masquerade as football clubs.

More censure than punishment and it won't make the slightest difference to the behaviour of their neanderthals. They've been repeatedly misbehaving for years, and I don't see this stemming the tide.

Great to see Rangers getting shafted, but that ruling is a joke. Didn't one Spanish side get fined just 2000 euros for racism?

Great to see Rangers getting shafted, but that ruling is a joke. Didn't one Spanish side get fined just 2000 euros for racism?

i thought that do, then looked at the list on the bbc website for the things they have being fined for in the past ! Every where they have being in europe they have caused trouble.

'The Glasgow club was fined ?13,300 for supporters' discriminatory chanting and ?9,000 for attacking their opponents' team bus during an away game against Villarreal in 2006.And Uefa issued a fine of ?8,280 for some Rangers fans' behaviour during a match against Osasuna in May 2007.

The following year, at the Uefa Cup final in Manchester, fans were involved in city centre riots, and a fine of ?18,000 was imposed by Uefa for fan violence when the club played Unirea Urziceni in Romania in November 2009.'

Getintaethem

Total fine of 80,000 euros for both offences. Fans banned for 1 away match, if they misbehave in the next 3 years an automaic ban of 1 home and 1 away game. They can appeal.

The problem is UEFA have been so lenient in the past with teams in Europe they would have found it difficult to bring down the hammer now. Roma and Inter have suffered 3 home match bans in recent times for far worse, so UEFA shot themselves in the foot bigtime by not dishing out bigger bans/fines then.

CF11JamTart

The problem is UEFA have been so lenient in the past with teams in Europe they would have found it difficult to bring down the hammer now. Roma and Inter have suffered 3 home match bans in recent times for far worse, so UEFA shot themselves in the foot bigtime by not dishing out bigger bans/fines then.

And I cannot see UEFA punishing Real Madrid for the monkey chants last night.

And I cannot see UEFA punishing Real Madrid for the monkey chants last night.

It already appears to have been swept under the carpet as they are focusing on the players/managers.

CF11JamTart

It already appears to have been swept under the carpet as they are focusing on the players/managers.

It sounded that way. Now, I'm all in favour of Rangers getting hammered, but I doubt that UEFA would ever have the cojones to go into battle with one of the really big boys. And I suppose hammering Real at this particular juncture genuinely would tip Jose over the edge.

Not just one Spanish side, lots of them have been fined. Atletico got fined about two grand for shouting racist abuse at Roberto Carlos for ninety minutes, Sevilla got fined ten grand once for something similar. The Spanish FA did get fined ?50k for the abuse Cashley Cole and Wright-Phillips got. But I think that was to make up for the ?400 fine (no, there aren't any zeros missing) that Aragones, then the Spanish coach, was fined for making racist comments about Henry!

I'm no fan of der Hun, but they've been shafted here (relatively speaking). An English, Spanish, Italian, German or Dutch team would've been treated far more leniently.

Listening to 5Live tonight there was a Scottish journo on (McGarry ?) , clearly briefed by Rangers IMO , who said that although RFC did not dispute the charges from the away game in Eindhoven , they were fuming that the UEFA observer (who comes from Norn Iron FFS) didn't mention anything. It wasn't clear if Rangers were disputing the FARE allegations ( I could've misheard) but RFC seemed to be saying that they were not allowed to know the evidence against them and RFC then went on to trash FARE saying they run by guys with a clear anti Rangers agenda.

McGarry said basically said Rangers could not have done more to rid themselves of the bigotted element.

He must be feckin deaf.

UEFA are an absolute joke in terms of fairness and consistency.

However, I have no sympathy for Rangers. Their defence seems to be akin to Fred West demanding he be set free, simply because Jack the Ripper was never sent down.

Not just one Spanish side, lots of them have been fined. Atletico got fined about two grand for shouting racist abuse at Roberto Carlos for ninety minutes, Sevilla got fined ten grand once for something similar. The Spanish FA did get fined ?50k for the abuse Cashley Cole and Wright-Phillips got. But I think that was to make up for the ?400 fine (no, there aren't any zeros missing) that Aragones, then the Spanish coach, was fined for making racist comments about Henry!

I'm no fan of der Hun, but they've been shafted here (relatively speaking). An English, Spanish, Italian, German or Dutch team would've been treated far more leniently.

:thumbsup:

I knew there were some ridiculously low fines for racism, wasn't sure of the specifics. I'm not really backing up Rangers with that, but the total hypocrisy of fining them that much for what they've done when compared to other cases.

UEFA are an absolute joke in terms of fairness and consistency.

However, I have no sympathy for Rangers. Their defence seems to be akin to Fred West demanding he be set free, simply because Jack the Ripper was never sent down.

Very good

Archived