Vlads Dreams and promises over?

adeb74

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Gorgie-club-to-cut-excessive.3927258.jp

Sounds like its back to the good old days of shoe string budgets! Wonder if Vlad will hold his hands up and now admit that the dream of Champions League Football is well and truly over for the forseable future.

Think we can expect as mass clear out. Big earners out the club -

Kingston

Tall

Makela

Pinilla

Cant think off hand any others

Dead Wood out the club -

Basso

Neilson

McCann

Ivankevicius

elliot

mole

:confused:

Funny how people see things differently.

Yes wages are to be trimmed but to me it looks like Vlad is ensuring the long term viability of the business. He will not continually pour money down a drain.

Maybe further low cost investment in youth and young local talent as suggested might be the best route. This route is more long term and the pace is slower. But then again i'm in no rush.

Article seems ok to me more a case of cutting the cloth to suit than anything else.

Drylaw Hearts

It appears we will now have Staffing Costs of around ?6million.

This is a much more realistic figure in relation to our turnover.

we still need a team that will finish at least third each season to keep the current turnover tho', so i'm afraid this bunch of scrap we currently have must go, and NO MORE PASSENGERS

"The players went to see him and we don't think there's anything more in it than that."

We don't Think there's anything? What does that mean, was he not there? Hopefully was asking the players what they though of Frail.

Sounds like its back to the good old days of shoe string budgets! Wonder if Vlad will hold his hands up and now admit that the dream of Champions League Football is well and truly over for the forseable future.

Kingston

Tall

Makela

Pinilla

Dead Wood out the club -

Basso

Neilson

McCann

Ivankevicius

elliot

mole

Proven Spl players would cost you alot less than that shower of **** anyway and show a hell of alot more commitment.Kingston aside are any of them that great of a loss.In fact even Kingston for all his talent has not been worth the wages.

Dirk Diggler
Hopefully was asking the players what they though of Frail.

God i hope not.

All i seem to read in the press is the players wanting Frail to get the gig permanently.

loveofthegame

Good. Get rid of the overpaid huddies such as Jose, Makela, Basso, Stewart, Tall, McCann, Pinnilla etc etc etc.

Maybe Tall isnt a huddy but he cannot be worth ?10k a week

Have to bring wages back down, current levels are clearly unsustainable

Proven Spl players would cost you alot less than that shower of **** anyway and show a hell of alot more commitment.Kingston aside are any of them that great of a loss.In fact even Kingston for all his talent has not been worth the wages.

Vlad has never bought an SPL player.

Vlad has never bought an SPL player.

Yeah i know.But if he wants a team that at least can challenge for 3rd and compete for cups then this is the way to do it on the cheap.I mean really what is the average wage for a non Old Firm player about ?1200 a week ?

Charlie-Brown

Michael Stewart wasn't bought as in transfer fee however he was signed from Hibernian under freedom of contract.

Kingston

Tall

Makela

Pinilla

Dead Wood out the club -

Basso

Neilson

McCann

Ivankevicius

elliot

mole

Inverness Caledonian Thistle, on an annual wage budget of less than a million pounds, achieved exactly the same from last season as Hearts did (Ie no European qualification, no trophies, mid-table SPL) on a wage bill in excess of 10 million. What Hearts did in season 2006/7 was the equivalent of taking a bazooka to crack a walnut.

It is for this reason that I have speculated on KB in the past, that Hearts for the first 3 years of Romanov's stewardship, were a vanity project, not a business. It is only now that Romanov has realised, probably in light of declining world markets, that he can no longer afford to pour vast amounts of money into what was in effect a game, that we are now seeing the necessary cuts made to make Hearts come anywhere near to being a business.

In my opinion, he should do the decent thing and either write off the debt, or have an underwritten writes issue similar to what Murray did at Rangers so as to reduce the debt down to at very least pre-Romanov levels. Perhaps the intent to convert last years loss into shares, is the first sign of this.

IMO this is exactly what most hearts fans have been crying out for since Burley left. We want a manager, we want vlad to keep his nose out, we want the debt trimmed and to get rid of the deadwood.

This is great news IMO, not obviousley the level of debt but the fact VR seems to have woken up and smelt the coffee.

JamboGraham
Inverness Caledonian Thistle, on an annual wage budget of less than a million pounds, achieved exactly the same from last season as Hearts did (Ie no European qualification, no trophies, mid-table SPL) on a wage bill in excess of 10 million. What Hearts did in season 2006/7 was the equivalent of taking a bazooka to crack a walnut.

It is for this reason that I have speculated on KB in the past, that Hearts for the first 3 years of Romanov's stewardship, were a vanity project, not a business. It is only now that Romanov has realised, probably in light of declining world markets, that he can no longer afford to pour vast amounts of money into what was in effect a game, that we are now seeing the necessary cuts made to make Hearts come anywhere near to being a business.

In my opinion, he should do the decent thing and either write off the debt, or have an underwritten writes issue similar to what Murray did at Rangers so as to reduce the debt down to at very least pre-Romanov levels. Perhaps the intent to convert last years loss into shares, is the first sign of this.

Excellent post, I can't disagree with much in here at all.

I really think that once this shambles of a season is over then it may also be time for us as supporters to "write off" some of the things that have been said and done.

Surely now we can all see that the promises of Champions League football (or was it winners?), SPL titles and "we are not a selling club" must be forgiven as bravado from a new owner watching his club beat all comers at the start of the 2005/06 season.

Provided that a few key things are done (the clear out of the weaker squad players seems to have started) alongside the appointment of a respected, sensible choice of manager then we should look forward to a club operating at a level within its means and regaining credibility.

To be fair to Vlad, he did chase the dream in 05/06 (with some very, very bizarre twists along the way) and came very, very close to cracking it...and we loved it really didn't we??;)

At this point perhaps we should take comfort that common sense looks to be returning to the club. I think the experience of Gretna has made it all too clear what the inevitable result will be if one man chases an unrealistic dream with no clear strategy for long term stability.

Very encouraged by this. I want the club's long term future to be secure and this seems the sensible way. Besides with hopefully no more nonsense a ?6million wage bill should be sufficient to get us third again.

loveofthegame
Very encouraged by this. I want the club's long term future to be secure and this seems the sensible way. Besides with hopefully no more nonsense a ?6million wage bill should be sufficient to get us third again.

Well said Davey

Mr Quagmire
Good. Get rid of the overpaid huddies such as Jose, Makela, Basso, Stewart, Tall, McCann, Pinnilla etc etc etc.

Maybe Tall isnt a huddy but he cannot be worth ?10k a week

Have to bring wages back down, current levels are clearly unsustainable

You forgot about Robbie ?

Sorry posted this before i ran for my bus for work this morning. The problem i have with all this is that Vlad has pushed us further into debt chasing i suppose every heart's fans dream of competing with the glasgow sides but rather than finish the job he then goes down his own road and completely derails everything accomplished.

This has now forced us way back and files us back into the catagory of also rans. You might disagree with me but can anyone hand on heart see a way out of this mess with Vlad still in control? I stongly believe we are only just beginning the start of a very bumpy road!!!!!:mad:

Geoff Kilpatrick
Sorry posted this before i ran for my bus for work this morning. The problem i have with all this is that Vlad has pushed us further into debt chasing i suppose every heart's fans dream of competing with the glasgow sides but rather than finish the job he then goes down his own road and completely derails everything accomplished.

This has now forced us way back and files us back into the catagory of also rans. You might disagree with me but can anyone hand on heart see a way out of this mess with Vlad still in control? I stongly believe we are only just beginning the start of a very bumpy road!!!!!:mad:

The question is whether we get value for money out of our squad at present. Quite frankly, we don't.

The question is whether we get value for money out of our squad at present. Quite frankly, we don't.

ok great result today but the question remains the same so when everyone sobers up after the win..... re- read this post and hand on heart answer the outstanding question.......

How do we go forward now?:unsure:

JamboGraham

Appoint a sensible experienced manager

Reduce the squad down to a workable size

Reduce the wage bill to a sustainable level

That would do for a start as a first step...

Nucky Thompson

Reduce the squad down to a workable size

Reduce the wage bill to a sustainable level

Both are happening now.

JamboGraham
Both are happening now.

Indeed, some of the news coming out of Tynecastle (really since Campbell Ogilvie was confirmed in his new role) has been very promising indeed.

Cautious steps as we have a long road to go. However, I haven't felt this positive about all things Hearts for what feels like a very long time now...

Nucky Thompson
Indeed, some of the news coming out of Tynecastle (really since Campbell Ogilvie was confirmed in his new role) has been very promising indeed.

Cautious steps as we have a long road to go. However, I haven't felt this positive about all things Hearts for what feels like a very long time now...

Keep believing mate;)

JamboGraham
Keep believing mate;)

Oh I am cautiously starting to back that happy train out of the siding! Time to put it back on the main line...

Geoff Kilpatrick
ok great result today but the question remains the same so when everyone sobers up after the win..... re- read this post and hand on heart answer the outstanding question.......

By getting rid of the overpaid dross and replacing them with cheaper, hungrier and better players.

Oh, and having proper discipline, training and fitness measures too.

Archived