Old RBS building

jambo_ellen

jambo_ellen

Dunno if this has been done before but apparently(which means a mate in the pub) Vlad has failed to get planning permission to turn the old rbs on st Andrews sq into a hotel.

ToadKiller Dog

I dont think he has even applied yet for planning permision,havent seen it on the council records anyway..

Charlie-Brown

It is not even possible for Planning Permission to refuse a change of use of an empty building from offices to a hotel. What is the building's listed status?

Certainly unless major extensions to the building that would affect it's external appearance & facade the only things that would have to be complied with would be internal details like partitioning, corridor widths, access / exgress, fire & health & safety, security - these would be building control details but would not prevent change of use unless insufficient rooms could be provided making the proposed hotel economically unviable but I doubt that as there are much smaller boutique hotels.

What are you drivelling about?

He paid about 22 million for the buildiong and it will have gone up in price since then.

I'm drivelling about the fact that he didn't buy the building in that picture. He bought some side offices.

You do realise that Vlad bought a couple of side offices and not this building here?

http://www.edinburgh-scotland.net/images/RBS02.JPG

My girlfriend's great great great great grandfather used to own that building, it was his house. He was a big time gambler and lost it in a game of cards.

He was the Viscount Melville (the dude on the statue in St Andrews Square).

True story.

davemclaren
My girlfriend's great great great great grandfather used to own that building, it was his house. He was a big time gambler and lost it in a game of cards.

He was the Viscount Melville (the dude on the statue in St Andrews Square).

True story.

It was Viscount Melville's townhouse afaik. Never heard about the card thing though.

His ancestor used to drink in the Laird & Dog in the 70s, in between flying up and down to London to collect his House of Lords attendance allowance. ;)

Walter Bishop
That's the one. I bet it's not worth ?22m now ;)

I`ll bet its worth 25 times more than Easter road though!!;)

:107years:

Nucky Thompson
That's the one. I bet it's not worth ?22m now ;)
Why are you still here pretending to be a Jambo? I thought you got emptied along with your Hobo mates when the cull began:107years:

Buffalo Bill

52 West Register Street has a sky walk that joins into the main RBS building that Vlad bought, so maybe it is included.

For anyone to claim (as they've done on here) that Vlad bought the wrong building has been listening to doom-mongering Hibbys.

For their information, there is a Greggs underneath, which pretty much says it all.

Buffalo Bill

coppercrutch

He paid about 22 million for the buildiong and it will have gone up in price since then.

Even being a Jambo and hoping Vlad will come through..............

I can't agree with the above. If Vlad was to sell the same building today he would get less than he paid for it. If he is in it for the long term however all should be good. Fingers crossed.

It is not even possible for Planning Permission to refuse a change of use of an empty building from offices to a hotel. What is the building's listed status?

Certainly unless major extensions to the building that would affect it's external appearance & facade the only things that would have to be complied with would be internal details like partitioning, corridor widths, access / exgress, fire & health & safety, security - these would be building control details but would not prevent change of use unless insufficient rooms could be provided making the proposed hotel economically unviable but I doubt that as there are much smaller boutique hotels.

Nonsense.

another non story,i suppose its up to what you want to believe,i believe that romanov wont lose out on this deal no matter what it ends up as.

Nucky Thompson
Dear oh dear at least know what was purchased and for how much chaps.
Roseburn before the game today mate:beer:

Can you explain why?

Offices (financial, professional and other services) is a class 2 usage.

Hotels and hostels are class 7, with probably some class 3 (food and drink) and class 1 (shops) chucked in.

Different classifications of building have to meet different criteria with respect to parking, amenity, safety, etc. In addition, any development has to comply with the Local Plan.

The planners could simply decide that there are already enough hotels in the EH1 area, or that they don't want another bar in the new town.

If it's impossible to refuse a change of use, then why have the different classifications?

No planning application made on that building as far as I can see...

Just tell gossipmongering Hobos that he's going to paint the (huge) front door maroon, use it as Jambo HQ...hold BBQs in the gardens in the square on match days and run shuttle buses to Tynie.

It was a nice purchase anyway, god knows what he'll do with it but seems he's in no hurry.

Mr Quagmire
I'm drivelling about the fact that he didn't buy the building in that picture. He bought some side offices.

what are you slavering about. He bought the HUGE old bank across the square from RBS.

some side offices ?! :confused:

It aint drivel. The building in the picture is 36 St Andrews Square (RBS registered office), Vlad bought 42 St Andrews Square (RBS ex Head Office Building) plus offices that were/are still connected by "the bridge" walkway.

...... and you are right the building he purchased has increased in valuation.

The Jambo Janny

Does it matter which building he spent ?22m on? i would have been more interested if he gave HMFC that amount to improve the team;)

Archived