Cammy Bell

Jeepers

With all the uncertainty about Kello's future, I reckon this lad would be a great replacement.

And if Kello is still here come next season, CB would provide good competition in goals.

Thoughts?

He's a good keeper. I think Rangers may be interested too however which would rule us out.

He is not as good as Kello, and i don't think he'd come to play second fiddle, but if Kello were to leave for some reason or another i think he'd be a suitable replacement.

Templeton'sUnderpants

Apparently Doncaster, Coventry and Derby are interested. Can't see us competing on wages especially if it is as a back up keeper.

alwaysthereinspirit

With all the uncertainty about Kello's future, I reckon this lad would be a great replacement.

And if Kello is still here come next season, CB would provide good competition in goals.

Thoughts?

What Kello uncertainty? Isn't he contracted till June 2012?

I'm absolutely lost on here this week.

"the Pole can GTF"

"Driver doesn't care"

"Kello can **** off to Celtic"

This is whats been posted on here this week.

3 Bottom table championship sides or European football?

They would probably offer more in terms of wages, but we could offer more in terms of football.

Didn't know about interest from Der Hun, hopefully McRapist signs a new deal then.

The Treasurer

Thoughts?

Kello is under contract and it would appear that both he and the club are happy that any "problems" have been resolved so therefore I don't see why you think his future is "uncertain"

As for Bell being brought in as cover/competition, I think there are other areas of the team that need addressed far more than the second choice keeper

What Kello uncertainty? Isn't he contracted till June 2012?

I'm absolutely lost on here this week.

"the Pole can GTF"

"Driver doesn't care"

"Kello can **** off to Celtic"

This is whats been posted on here this week.

The Kello uncertainty wasn't started on kickback. It started when he hadn't played for a few weeks with JJ saying he wasn't injured.

Templeton'sUnderpants

3 Bottom table championship sides or European football?

They would probably offer more in terms of wages, but we could offer more in terms of football.

Didn't know about interest from Der Hun, hopefully McRapist signs a new deal then.

Unfortunately this seems to be the more important in the vast majority of cases though. Also the Championship is seen more as a stepping stone to the premiership.

Would take him, as back up to Kello, if we got rid of the other 2!!

Kello, Bell and Ridgers would do for me rather than Mcdonut, Balogh :rolleyes:

SanliHearts

would rather have randolph from motherwell if we were looking for a replacement goalie

Nookie Bear

Since when did McDonald become a "bombscare" or "McDonut"??

Has he done much wrong? Maybe made the wrong decision for the second hibs goal but apart from that i'm struggling to think of any clangers.

We_are_the_Hearts

He isn't.

He is. Let in a few goals that have been close to him. Elliott at Rugby Park and Kenneth at Rugby Park are examples. Is also not very good at commanding his box.

heartsfc_fan

No better than we already have IMO. We are well catered in the goalkeeping dept, we should be looking to spend money elsewhere.

Bell is very over rated

I would agree with that.

If the club rates Ridgers no better than Bell we should free him asap.

Since when did McDonald become a "bombscare" or "McDonut"??

Has he done much wrong? Maybe made the wrong decision for the second hibs goal but apart from that i'm struggling to think of any clangers.

Wouldn't describe him as either however, I'm of the opinion that he's not a great keeper and will never be good enough to be a regular No. 1 keeper at a club of the size of Hearts. He may be good enough for the likes of St. Mirren, Falkirk etc. but not us. As a fill in for a few games, he's Ok. However, if he has ambition to be a No. 1 he has to move on.

If Kello doesn't sign a new deal in the summer - does anyone think he will continue to be No 1 next season?

Same goes for Driver.

I thought it was only Hearts that drop players who refuse to sign a new contractwhistling.gif

KillieMitch

He's exactly like Ben Foster (not as good obviously though...) - makes incredible saves but also lets in a frustrating amount of howlers. The good massively outweighs the bad - but its cost us important games - the 2-1 against you lot at Rugby Park for example when it went straight through him.

Snake Plissken

Can't stay I rate him, reasonable on his day I suppose but if Kello was to go I'd be looking for better.

winston churchill

If Kello doesn't sign a new deal in the summer - does anyone think he will continue to be No 1 next season?

Same goes for Driver.

driver is not good enough to get in our starting eleven just now.

cammy bell is better than wee macdonald and the balogh.i still think the guy at hamilton(cerny) would do us a turn.

We have more than enough keepers on our books at the moment to be considering signing bell. Unless we were getting rid of 2 out of the 3 we currently have competing for the no1 jersey, then there is no point in looking at bell.

Archived