Motherwell game

PTBCAL

Let's forget about the off-field problems (if any) and concentrate on what is a massiave game tomorrow - a win will all but g'tee Euro football next season.

Motherwell are playing out of their skins recently but hopefullly with the pressure off Hearts a little then we can be more relaxed and go out and grab 3 points.

442 please JJ.

Jambof3tornado

Aye let's just hope the players that are due us a performance actually show up. Driver and Temps have so much to give but we haven't seen enough(I know Andy has been injured).

2-1 to the jam tarts.

after a period of relatively shaky displays, now that we appear to be on the verge of clinching 3rd place i would expect the management team to coax a real up and at 'em type performance out of them. we have to treat this game as our best chance of a win in the post-split games and thereby treat it as importantly as any derby or game against an old firm team in terms of application and desire.

another wobbly, insipid performance just wont be acceptable. JJ can only pass on the message... it's the players who have to do what must be done. in many ways this game can show JJ about who should be retained and who should be let go.

should be a easy win with all the wills and kates urging the team on to victory :verysmug:

5-0 hearts

Drylaw Hearts

Motherwell are playing better than us at the moment I think so where I always want a win I don't think a draw would be the worst result especially if Utd drop points v Killie tomorrow.

Motherwell are on a bit form and will be playing for final places so we`ll have to be up for it. All the same, we are the better side and its about time we had a dominant, winning performance at home.

Some of our players need to give themselves a shake and get the job done. It`ll be a hard match but certainly one we can win.

The Treasurer

Motherwell are playing better than us at the moment I think so where I always want a win I don't think a draw would be the worst result especially if Utd drop points v Killie tomorrow.

The Utd-Killie game is on TV at lunchtime so we will go into our game knowing their result before hand.

Not sure if this will be to our advantage or not.

Equal Dundee United's result from their lunchtime kick off and we'll qualify IMO, 9 points ahead would mean Dundee Utd would need to beat Motherwell, us and at least one of the Old Firm and turn around a 13 goal difference.

But, if Dundee United win and we lose, it's 6 points and GAME ON. :ermm:

Can I just say "I'm going" taking my old man for his 70th birthday,come on Hearts make it a right good game and a great result.

Hearts 3 motherwell 1.

Drylaw Hearts

The Utd-Killie game is on TV at lunchtime so we will go into our game knowing their result before hand.

Not sure if this will be to our advantage or not.

Yep.

If Utd do happen to drop points then complacency might kick-in from our players.

davemclaren

Yep.

If Utd do happen to drop points then complacency might kick-in from our players.

According to some they couldn't be any more complacent. :ninja:

Motherwell have little to play for and if we can't raise our game to try and get a result then it's very diappointing. I think we will. :thumbsup:

Motherwell have little to play for and if we can't raise our game to try and get a result then it's very diappointing. I think we will. :thumbsup:

Cup final place per-chance.

The Treasurer

Yep.

That's the spirit DH

As ever a "glass half empty" viewpoint from your good self thumbsup.gif

Motherwell are on a bit form and will be playing for final places so we`ll have to be up for it. All the same, we are the better side and its about time we had a dominant, winning performance at home.

Some of our players need to give themselves a shake and get the job done. It`ll be a hard match but certainly one we can win.

Agree, too many of them have the beach towels packed already.

davemclaren

Cup final place per-chance.

Perhaps, but their major players will be more concerned about avoiding injury imo.

Perhaps, but their major players will be more concerned about avoiding injury imo.

Not by the ones who are borderline for a strip,these guys will surely be going for it to make sure they get a game,me thinks and hopes it has the makings of a great game of football.

Drylaw Hearts

That's the spirit DH

As ever a "glass half empty" viewpoint from your good self thumbsup.gif

Having witnessed our recent performances it's obvious why I'd think the players may be affected by complacency.

We can all but officially qualify for Europe tomorrow (it would be down to GD) so I'd like to think the players will be well up for this.

A big support wouldn't go wrong either.

J.T.F.Robertson

Can I just say "I'm going" taking my old man for his 70th birthday,come on Hearts make it a right good game and a great result.

Hearts 3 motherwell 1.

It's the only home game I'll see, (I'm off again on the day of the sellik one) so outside of a visit from the great man himself, they could hardly ask for a greater incentive to perform. :whistling:

davemclaren

It's the only home game I'll see, (I'm off again on the day of the sellik one) so outside of a visit from the great man himself, they could hardly ask for a greater incentive to perform. :whistling:

Have you told the team this? :unsure:

heartsfc_fan

I don't think we'll lose, but it will be close.

If United draw or lose beforehand, then even a draw in our game isn't a disaster.

Still, I don't go into games wanting a draw. I want to win :thumbsup:

vintage1874

I's like to see stephen elliott play up front with gary glen and stevo in midfield as part of a 4-4-2. Seen elliott score a couple of great goals on an old EPL season review on espn the other week and if used properly sure he could get more goals for us.

should be a easy win with all the wills and kates urging the team on to victory :verysmug:

5-0 hearts

totally agree. where there's a will there's a way

I's like to see stephen elliott play up front with gary glen and stevo in midfield as part of a 4-4-2. Seen elliott score a couple of great goals on an old EPL season review on espn the other week and if used properly sure he could get more goals for us.

I would have Robinson in before GG anytime.

Can see Dundee United drawing and us winning comfortably.

I'm ridiculously confident about tomorrow and I'm going for 3-0 Hearts.

craigie jambo

Yep, bad day for them, all the buses at once for us; 4-0

B)

Good news motherwells Chris Humphrey is likely to miss this game and he has been a real threat in recent games so hopefully we will get all 3 points :thumbsup:

maroonshrew

Id actually rather see Robinson or Stevenson up front ahead of Glen. Stevo has scored more of his chances than Glen ever has I feel and Robinson really brings something to the side, im a big fan.

Lets just get it tied up so we can start seeing Scott, Prychenko etc get a run out once its done and dusted.

Diadora Van Basten

Id actually rather see Robinson or Stevenson up front ahead of Glen. Stevo has scored more of his chances than Glen ever has I feel and Robinson really brings something to the side, im a big fan.

Lets just get it tied up so we can start seeing Scott, Prychenko etc get a run out once its done and dusted.

I also would like to see Robinson start, I think if we start with Stevo up front then we will get beat.

I expect Motherwell to sit in and try to catch us on the break. Germany did this and it worked against England and Germany but Spain were clever enough not to try and just force the ball into the box and that is what Hearts need to learn for tomorrow.

maroonshrew

I also would like to see Robinson start, I think if we start with Stevo up front then we will get beat.

I expect Motherwell to sit in and try to catch us on the break. Germany did this and it worked against England and Germany but Spain were clever enough not to try and just force the ball into the box and that is what Hearts need to learn for tomorrow.

I agree Stevo up front isnt the best option at all. I just mean I dont think Glen is the answer to anything here.

winston churchill

0-0 or 1-1 and another point,as we limp towards the finishing line.

the weather has been shan today.

hopefully the suns out tomorrow for a few pints alfresco.

winston churchill

Good news motherwells Chris Humphrey is likely to miss this game and he has been a real threat in recent games so hopefully we will get all 3 points :thumbsup:

he ripped jonsson a new one at the start of the season.

he has done nothing in the other two games and he changed wings at firpark, as he was marked out the game firsr half.

Jambof3tornado

Totally agree. Gary hasn't shown the desire that Robinson has!

Only a Game

They've got the cup final I suppose, but thats maybe more about avoiding injury than catching the eye so it could work both ways.

I think we've got one more big push in us before we run out of gas completely and I expect that push to be tomorrow, by far our most winnable game left on the list.

vintage1874

I agree with the posters above i forgot robinson, he should start ahead of GG and stevo needs to be in midlfield. Good point marronshrew lets get it tied up and give some youngsters a game would like to see Prychenko heard good things about him.

Archived