Sky Broadband

269miles

Are there any Sky employees on here who can advise how to find out if there are any network issues in my area ?

To cut a long story short , I have two laptops at home which were working happily on t'interweb on Wed, but yesterday neither could connect to the wireless router.

Sky India refuse to acknowledge this and I wasted an hour of my life yesterday with their 'help' trying to resolve this by checking the OS and ****ing about with the laptop settings . It didn't work and then the guy expected me to boot up the other laptop and try that. I said I don't have the willpower to waste another hour - especially as he couldn't explain why booting up another laptop is going to fix the problem (he's clearly working the script , nothing else). I could get a connection via ethernet but i don't want to squat in my hallway while browsing.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

mrmarkus1981

If you can get a copnnection via ethernet, its not a problem with SKY's broadband.

I would suggest it is a problem within your home network.

brunstanejambo

My Sky Router (Netgear actually) sometimes goes a bit flaky when connecting to it via WiFi when I have lots connected to it - PC, Laptop, Printer, Phones...

Always resolves itself when i reboot it though. I take it you have tried that?

Archived