"Green Brigade" obstruct Police

Jam Tarts 1874

Gregory House M.D.

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/scotland/Celtic39s-39Green-Brigade39-in-standoff.6753556.jp

So now Celtic fans can get away with stopping the Police doing their job!

they are utter filth who shouldn't be given the publicity. The anti-poppy banner shows their extreme lack of class.

To be fair if Hearts fans set off smoke bombs and other Hearts fans stopped the police from seeing who it was I'd be all for it.

Last week on the billboards the headlines were.

Snatch squads to mingle with Rangers and Celtic fans to weed out the sectarian fans.

1 They should arrest the lot of them then.

2 They will pull out the odd skinny wee plooky gimp who they know wont give them a problem.

During a texaco cup match at Airdrie years ago.

My eldest brother ended up in a cell.

Every hour a police officer walked in.

Spat on him, dished out abusive names and kept punching him in the stomach.

Then miraculously at 3.00am in the morning told him he was free to go.

No charges, but with no way of getting home.

MOD EDIT

"Strathclyde Police and British Transport Police said they dealt with 264 serious assaults, 18 attempted murders and 44 attacks on emergency workers linked to Rangers and Celtic"

Says it all about the mentality of these people!! over a derby played nearly 10 times a season!!!

The cops should have arrested the whole sheep team for blatantly being rotten against the hooped demons.The goal diff. this season must be hefty.

As much as I hate Celtic and everything they stand for, what's with all this calling smoke bombs, flares? They're two very different things

Like the game at Easter Road when the Hearts fans let of a smoke bomb, not a flare. A smoke bomb's hardly going to kill or injure someone. Is it illegal to take a smoke bomb into a stadium?

The Old Tolbooth

The cops should have arrested the whole sheep team for blatantly being rotten against the hooped demons.The goal diff. this season must be hefty.

It's pretty embarrassing and doesn't do anything to quell the rumours that Aberdeen lie down to Celtic, I'm pretty sure for the season it's now Celtic 21 Aberdeen 2 (although Aberdeen won one of their games against Celtic iirc)

Jam Tarts 1874

:facepalm:

I think some people on here need to stop worrying about celtic.

Who gives a feck? It was a smoke bomb.

I think some people need to stop using silly emoticons - who gives a feck!

The point of the story is that a section of Celtic fans stopped the Police doing their job, I think that many people would be concerned about the Police being prevented from arresting criminals.

"Strathclyde Police and British Transport Police said they dealt with 264 serious assaults, 18 attempted murders and 44 attacks on emergency workers linked to Rangers and Celtic"

Says it all about the mentality of these people!! over a derby played nearly 10 times a season!!!

I'm less concerned about neanderthals bashing the crap out of other neanderthals as I am about the stat in bold. That's just awful.

No excuse whatsoever for that sort of thing.

jambojim1986

To be fair if Hearts fans set off smoke bombs and other Hearts fans stopped the police from seeing who it was I'd be all for it.

Happened at Easter road after our first goal. Was someone beside me that let it off. Polis had no way of knowing who done it though.

Guildford_Jambo

Stupid

Vlad-Stupid

Stupid

laugh.gif

Maybe the Green Brigade members who left were caught on CCTV and in doing so will help Celtic identify them so that they can ban them from Parkhead for the poppy banner?

Still find it amazing that Celtic don't know who is in the Green Brigade when their database will clearly show which fans were moved out of that area and who was moved in....aye right.

alwaysthereinspirit

I dont think I would have a problem being arrested by one of those ;)

Has it been confirmed they'll be wearing stockings and sussies?:woot:

The People's Chimp

Anyone who was at the Zagreb game at Tynie will be fully aware of the dangers of flares, smoke bombs and fans turning their backs on the crowd so the police don't know who is doing what.

Such criminal behaviour is to the detriment of society, never mind the game of football and the sooner these menaces are driven out of the stadiums the better.

syndicalist

Anyone who was at the Zagreb game at Tynie will be fully aware of the dangers of flares, smoke bombs and fans turning their backs on the crowd so the police don't know who is doing what.

Such criminal behaviour is to the detriment of society, never mind the game of football and the sooner these menaces are driven out of the stadiums the better.

Bring back the birch I say, Hang em, lock them up and throw away the key. The death penalty is just too good for them.

Happened at Easter road after our first goal. Was someone beside me that let it off. Polis had no way of knowing who done it though.

Good for the lads that did that. Bet they're all upstanding gents. :thumbsup:

Stupid

GJ said I'm stupid. :(

the green brigade are self policing. the very idea that the police of the united kingdom should want to interfere in an internal matter is quite galling.

I'm sure there was a case at the Millenium Stadium just a few years ago in which a guy was killed uinstantly after being hit in the chest by a distress flare . Just to gauge how powerful it was , it was fired from the other side of the stadium and still had enough force to kill him.

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Good on them. Shame Hearts fans don't have that mentality of looking after their own

Good for the lads that did that. Bet they're all upstanding gents. :thumbsup:

GJ said I'm stupid. :(

Guildford jambo is the most sensible person in the world. His idea of a wild time is having corn flakes in the evening instead of for breakfast.

I'm sure there was a case at the Millenium Stadium just a few years ago in which a guy was killed uinstantly after being hit in the chest by a distress flare . Just to gauge how powerful it was , it was fired from the other side of the stadium and still had enough force to kill him.

I'm not saying you're lying but that sounds like a fabrication. Maybe you remember wrong...?

EDIT: Could be this?

The People's Chimp

I'm not saying you're lying but that sounds like a fabrication. Maybe you remember wrong...?

I had a look as well and the only links appear to be other forums repeating the same thing. No verifiable news sources, but then I didnt spend much time on it.

The fact is no one is talking about shooting marine distress flares at games.

As for Guildford Jambo, he reminds me of this topical quote.

The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.

Elizabeth Taylor

Guildford_Jambo

Guildford jambo is the most sensible person in the world. His idea of a wild time is having corn flakes in the evening instead of for breakfast.

Yeh yeh...

What's wrong with behaving in a mature way?

No,he's right.IIRC it was Cardiff Arms Park(same place really)and Wales had just qualified for some Tourny and some loony let off a distress flare.Again,IIRC the thing shot straight over the park to the opposite stand and struck some poor guy on the upper body,killing him there and then.Terrible thing to happen at a game of football.

Just like JKB these things reveal a variety of opinions, I guess the old theory the truth lies in whether you are the passer or receiver. If you throw a flare or agree with it its all fine , if you are the recipient of one that has been badly thrown then you are totally against it.

As far as the police are concerned they are the enforcers not the originators of the law, they are required to take action and are obligated to do so.

As usual the JKP principle of contradiction of alliance comes into play. The much condemned Green Brigade now are OK with some if they obstruct the police in their effort in terminating an action that by legislators is deemed as potentially dangerous. I wonder are the police so bad that any of you would rather have the Green Brigade decide what is correct as far as football support behaviour is concerned.

I feel bound also to state that in 35 years of policing I have never witnessed a police officer spit on a prisoner in cells. This despite the many occasions where the incarcerated were the dregs of human society. Quite frankly I personally if he bothered me that much wouldn't have wasted good spit but given him a healthy kick in the arse

julienbrellier

i'm sorry but this is utterly ridiculous. i can't stand the green brigade their poppy protest was absolutely disgraceful and a lot of the views held by these idiots are amongst the worst in scotland. but the police, SFA or whoever need to seriously take a look at what they are clamping down on here. Flares and smoke bombs are part of the game over in Europe and rightly so. they improve the atmosphere and harm nobody and in my opinion the atmospheres at grounds in the UK are potentially the worst in the world. the whole all-seated mentality is also part of the problem.

I think it is genuinely depressing watching games of football in Italy and eastern Europe as the atmosphere at games is immense and the fans actually sing for 90 minutes, as do the moronic green brigade to be fair. the only times i can honestly say the atmosphere is satisfactory at hearts games is either in Europe at Tyne or against Hibs. in my opinion carrying out actions due to supposed "health and safety" has gone far too far and is ruining football here

Auld Reekin'

Yeah, I remember that too. Wales were playing Albania* (I think), or possibly Macedonia. A pair of complete ersehole nut-jobs Welsh "fans" decided it'd be a great laugh to fire-off the distress flare they'd sumggled into the ground with them and did so, aiming it across the pitch at the stand on the other side. This then hit a Welsh guy in the opposite stand who did, indeed, die as a result. this happened at the end of the match, as far as I recall.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/appeal-court-to-review-rocket-death-sentences-1449897.html

(*It was against Romania, November 1993, Cardiff Arms Park - see article.)

Independence

Just like JKB these things reveal a variety of opinions, I guess the old theory the truth lies in whether you are the passer or receiver. If you throw a flare or agree with it its all fine , if you are the recipient of one that has been badly thrown then you are totally against it.

As far as the police are concerned they are the enforcers not the originators of the law, they are required to take action and are obligated to do so.

As usual the JKP principle of contradiction of alliance comes into play. The much condemned Green Brigade now are OK with some if they obstruct the police in their effort in terminating an action that by legislators is deemed as potentially dangerous. I wonder are the police so bad that any of you would rather have the Green Brigade decide what is correct as far as football support behaviour is concerned.

I feel bound also to state that in 35 years of policing I have never witnessed a police officer spit on a prisoner in cells. This despite the many occasions where the incarcerated were the dregs of human society. Quite frankly I personally if he bothered me that much wouldn't have wasted good spit but given him a healthy kick in the arse

There are 'rotten apples' in all jobs and it is they that get everyone else a bad name. I am sure that 98% of police officers are professional in their approach but it is the 2% we hear about!

Yeh yeh...

What's wrong with behaving in a mature way?

I'm only forty so have no idea what behaving in a mature way is. I'll leave the thoroughly grown up behaviour to the grown ups.

Almost 17 years ago..

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/rocket-hooligans-killed-fan-1435097.html

Just noticed someone posted it before me, but with a different article.

Wales were playing Romania in a 1994 WCQ

portobellojambo1

This did happen somewhere in Wales, think it was the Millennium Stadium. But I think it might have been a Welsh international match rather than a league match involving Cardiff City.

EDIT - Apologies, details have already been posted, I should have went to end of thread before posting.

i'm sorry but this is utterly ridiculous. i can't stand the green brigade their poppy protest was absolutely disgraceful and a lot of the views held by these idiots are amongst the worst in scotland. but the police, SFA or whoever need to seriously take a look at what they are clamping down on here. Flares and smoke bombs are part of the game over in Europe and rightly so. they improve the atmosphere and harm nobody and in my opinion the atmospheres at grounds in the UK are potentially the worst in the world. the whole all-seated mentality is also part of the problem.

I think it is genuinely depressing watching games of football in Italy and eastern Europe as the atmosphere at games is immense and the fans actually sing for 90 minutes, as do the moronic green brigade to be fair. the only times i can honestly say the atmosphere is satisfactory at hearts games is either in Europe at Tyne or against Hibs. in my opinion carrying out actions due to supposed "health and safety" has gone far too far and is ruining football here

well said :thumbsup:

It's pretty embarrassing and doesn't do anything to quell the rumours that Aberdeen lie down to Celtic, I'm pretty sure for the season it's now Celtic 21 Aberdeen 2 (although Aberdeen won one of their games against Celtic iirc)

Rumours that Aberdeen "lie down" to Celtic are best kept between Rangers fans.

Surprising and depressing how often such stories appear here.

Anyway, why would any team "lie down" in a cup semi-final? Aberdeen are just rubbish this season, as we saw for ourselves in December. That's all.

Archived