Those blaming JJ

BigMDV

Nobody like JJ to fire up a player who needs (and wants) a bit extra push

but some would rather make him a scapegoat, and defend some players

who are just not interested in going that bit extra for HMFC, they dont

understand the honour and pride pulling on that shirt entails. Losing is

not a problem, it happens, but lack of effort is. Dont direct you're anger

at a man who bleeds maroon, too many wont hear a bad word against any player.

Players and management may deserve praise for good performances

They may also deserve stick for poor performances.

JJ set the team up in the first half wrong, some players also played poorly.

There is no doubting JJ bleeds maroon, but that does not mean he is immune for criticism or that we should only praise him regardless. He does make mistakes sometimes, you know.

Geoff Kilpatrick

We wanted the buck to stop with the manager. It now does.

If HMFC don't finish 3rd (we will) then JJ should bear responsibility for that.

Gigolo-Aunt

We wanted the buck to stop with the manager. It now does.

If HMFC don't finish 3rd (we will) then JJ should bear responsibility for that.

And the players.

Its not working then!!

scott_jambo

Wouldn't accuse the players for lack of effort at all.

Unless you mean Websters strolling and Skacel's dissapearing act but they are two of our better players so can rarely afford to leave them out.

Players such as Stevenson, Black, Ruben. Driver etc... all had awful first half's but probably not due to lack of effort. Tactical naivety and pish performances were the downfalls there.

Gigolo-Aunt

Unless you mean Websters strolling and Skacel's dissapearing act but they are two of our better players so can rarely afford to leave them out.

Players such as Stevenson, Black, Ruben. Driver etc... all had awful first half's but probably not due to lack of effort. Tactical naivety and pish performances were the downfalls there.

Even if a player is giving a 100%, they may be not playing to the standard they can. If that is he case, I don't think that makes them immune from shouldering some of the blame. It can't be left all at the managers door.

Drylaw Hearts

The effort shown in the first half was a million miles from the effort shown in the second half.

scott_jambo

Even if a player is giving a 100%, they may be not playing to the standard they can. If that is he case, I don't think that makes them immune from shouldering some of the blame. It can't be left all at the managers door.

Yeah, we are on the same page.

The OP is blaming the players for lack of effort. I think certain players should be shouldering responsibility due to poor performance.

The management team (not just JJ) has to shoulder a little bit of blame for how we set up today also. I would of liked to have seen Mcgowan pair up with Black sitting deep in front of the back four to get a foothold on the game. We can't rely Skacel and Stevenson to win the midfield battle higher up the pitch.

Chris Benoit

The effort shown in the first half was a million miles from the effort shown in the second half.

I just wish we could start a game like we started the 2nd half

scott_jambo

I think we were all at sea in the first half. Ruben and Craig were told to push up and overlap the wingers at times, but the centre midfielders were abandoning their defensive duties and thus we were getting hit on the break by the good movement of the Caley forwards. Webster and Bouzids lack of mobility left us with little hope when they were already in a 3 on 2 situation many times. Driver was also naive in tracking back.

Whether this is all due to lack of effort or poor perfomance is subjective. I am sure the players felt like they were working hard but it just wasn't working for them. JJ reshuffled the pack and gave a rocket up the arse too no doubt and we improved as a result.

Gigolo-Aunt

Yeah, we are on the same page.

The OP is blaming the players for lack of effort. I think certain players should be shouldering responsibility due to poor performance.

The management team (not just JJ) has to shoulder a little bit of blame for how we set up today also. I would of liked to have seen Mcgowan pair up with Black sitting deep in front of the back four to get a foothold on the game. We can't rely Skacel and Stevenson to win the midfield battle higher up the pitch.

I think its a collective thin, Scott - win as a team, lose as a team. Although players rarely get the sack, they just get moved on.

I don't buy in to the "If a players gives 100%, fans will accept that" - that only takes you so far. Neillson ALWAYS gave his all, but got dog's abuse on here.

scott_jambo

I think its a collective thin, Scott - win as a team, lose as a team. Although players rarely get the sack, they just get moved on.

I don't buy in to the "If a players gives 100%, fans will accept that" - that only takes you so far. Neillson ALWAYS gave his all, but got dog's abuse on here.

Certainly is,

it is knee jerk to just blame it on one specific thing or another.

We are going through a real lull at the moment and we don't have KK's presence to fall back on.

Gigolo-Aunt

Certainly is,

it is knee jerk to just blame it on one specific thing or another.

We are going through a real lull at the moment and we don't have KK's presence to fall back on.

Which in turn is excellent that JJ has mentioned bringing in another player of that style.

thumbsup.gif

Drylaw Hearts

Yep.

It was the same v St Mirren.

Drylaw Hearts

I think we were all at sea in the first half. Ruben and Craig were told to push up and overlap the wingers at times, but the centre midfielders were abandoning their defensive duties and thus we were getting hit on the break by the good movement of the Caley forwards. Webster and Bouzids lack of mobility left us with little hope when they were already in a 3 on 2 situation many times. Driver was also naive in tracking back.

Whether this is all due to lack of effort or poor perfomance is subjective. I am sure the players felt like they were working hard but it just wasn't working for them. JJ reshuffled the pack and gave a rocket up the arse too no doubt and we improved as a result.

JJ didn't reshuffle at all - the players just applied themselves the way they should have from kick-off.

scott_jambo

JJ didn't reshuffle at all - the players just applied themselves the way they should have from kick-off.

They provided more defensive cover in the wider areas.

I don't just mean Fifa 11 style change the formation.

I agree they applied themselves better 2nd half.

Yes JJ is not immune from blame but I believe throughout the whole Kyle situation his hands were tied. Surely he would have wanted a replacement in January at least until the end of the season?

If we got another striker like him I think we our recent form would have been better, we really need a target man just now to make the ball stick when we get up the park. Just think were missing a bit of steel in the forward line.

My wish is he would stop talking about Kyle and players like him -- that is over for this season and continually talking about his loss is in my view harming the team performance (never talks about the loss of Wallace for example).

The rest of the team constantly hear about his loss when he should be concentrating on what he has to take us forward -- as Dalglish said about Gerrards loss 'the most important thing is the players we have fit not those who are injured'.

As a manager you need to be single minded and whilst acknowledging the loss you must move on -- we have had injuries to key players and not just what may be termed 'squad' players -- 3 of our best players have been out for long periods of the season and to do so well is encouraging.

So concentrate on what you have and be bold especially at home -- win the next 2 matches and 3rd spot will be secure -- we can then have our say in the championship race perhaps.

JJ is tactically hopeless or he is just to old and stubbern to play any other way. JJ football= Hoofball. I want a manager that can get the most out of our midfield and strikers like. Does nobody find it worrying that how complimetary Killies players were of Mixu? Mixu made Sammon look like a really good Striker (NOT A COINCEDINCE) and I bet you if Elliott was in his heam he would have scored quite a few more too.

I hate to say it and bring it up if anyone wishes in the future. Just like Lennon with Celtic (He's a young manager) JJ's Hearts will get pumped out of Europe in the first round.

We did at Easter Road when he would have had the players fired up right from the word 'go'.

I wonder how much he motivates them at the start of games against Hamilton, ICT etc.

Hearts of Vladland

Scott Robinson would have shown some effort yesterday but JJ would rather players like Skacel and Stevenson, one who is unfit and one who is not good enoubh to play for a Hearts side looking for third spot. JJ has a few youngsters who would come in and replace unfit fit players or players who looked like they don't give a shite or as JJ calls them more experienced players but sticks with the latter.

Chris Benoit

We did at Easter Road when he would have had the players fired up right from the word 'go'.

I wonder how much he motivates them at the start of games against Hamilton, ICT etc.

I was just coming on to make that point, the thing is you shouldn't need to motivate players for derbies and OF games it's the games against ICT that the extra work is needed.

ToadKiller Dog

I think a large part of that inability to up it against the Hamiltons and the ICTs is that we have been in a sort of no mans land since the end of January . Complacency can slip in and effect things with ease .

Drylaw Hearts

Like I said. If Robinson was over six foot he'd be on every week.

Well the players below have managed to play without being a 6 footer....

C. Thomson

Black

Suso

Skacel

Eliott

Temps

Driver

Do you have any other theories you wish me to blow out the water before I get on with my day ?

Well the players below have managed to play without being a 6 footer....

C. Thomson

Black

Suso

Skacel

Eliott

Temps

Driver

Do you have any other theories you wish me to blow out the water before I get on with my day ?

Like I said If robinson was six foot he'd be playing beside Elliott every other week. :thumbsup:

ToadKiller Dog

Like I said If robinson was six foot he'd be playing beside Elliott every other week. :thumbsup:

You do know that Robinson plays an AM role these days and not a striker !

Drylaw Hearts

That's actually not what you said.

You do know that Robinson plays an AM role these days and not a striker !

and what's Stevenson? :lol:

Drylaw Hearts

Like I said. If Robinson was over six foot he'd be on every week.

That's actually not what you said.

I'm waiting for you to blow it out the water...

cg53_explosion.jpg

ToadKiller Dog

and what's Stevenson? :lol:

A mid being made to play in a CF Kyle role as he has done so as early as the Millwall game unlike Robinson who decided to get moved back to the U19s to concentrate on the AM role which he feels suits his ability .

A mid being made to play in a CF Kyle role as he has done so as early as the Millwall game unlike Robinson who decided to get moved back to the U19s to concentrate on the AM role which he feels suits his ability .

Good on Robinson not listening as when he came on last time he proved he was an attacking midfielder.

Archived