Football in Sweden

IronJambo

going to Stockholm in July to visit non football supporting friends but me and my girlfriend would quite like to take in a game.

I notice that AIK, Djurgarden, and Hammarby are all in the top league now. How easy/hard is it to get tickets? Are the grounds easy to get to (i think i read Hammarby play out of the city?)?

I know my way around a bit and will be based in Fiskatra a short train ride from town.

i'm sure there was a stockholm based jambo used to post on here, any advice would be much appreciated

djurgarden are at home when i'm there. if i make it to see them and he's there i'll give him a few boo's with the odd "your *****" to make him feel at home.

londonjambo

Djurgaarden are the official Swedish team of Stockholm Hearts, I can exclusively reveal. Hammarby play in green in white.

GC

Franky Frankopolous
going to Stockholm in July to visit non football supporting friends but me and my girlfriend would quite like to take in a game.

I notice that AIK, Djurgarden, and Hammarby are all in the top league now. How easy/hard is it to get tickets? Are the grounds easy to get to (i think i read Hammarby play out of the city?)?

I know my way around a bit and will be based in Fiskatra a short train ride from town.

i'm sure there was a stockholm based jambo used to post on here, any advice would be much appreciated

Dave Brunton is the el presidente of the Stockholm Hearts. He also watches Djurgarden. You'll pick up tickets for most games quite easily and as they have a habit of playing football on a variety of nights in Sweden then you might get 2 games while you are there. DIF play at he Stockholm Stadion, aik at the Rasunda and Hammarby down near Globen.

All derby matches are at the Rasunda though cos of trouble.

As London Jambo says Hammarby play in Green and White so avoid!!!

Brommapojkarna are Div 2 and there are a number of Div 3 teams like Spanga IF, Topkapi IK (no not the Kebab shop but a Turkish team...funny that eh!!)

Top place Stockholm. Pre-season tour please Hearts!!

Dave Brunton is the el presidente of the Stockholm Hearts. He also watches Djurgarden. You'll pick up tickets for most games quite easily and as they have a habit of playing football on a variety of nights in Sweden then you might get 2 games while you are there. DIF play at he Stockholm Stadion, aik at the Rasunda and Hammarby down near Globen.

All derby matches are at the Rasunda though cos of trouble.

As London Jambo says Hammarby play in Green and White so avoid!!!

Brommapojkarna are Div 2 and there are a number of Div 3 teams like Spanga IF, Topkapi IK (no not the Kebab shop but a Turkish team...funny that eh!!)

Your getting greedy Franky!!!

Griclesfield

well im a jambo and been living in stockholm for 6 months now. Swedish Allsvenskan starts this sunday .. and i have to say my partner was into this Hammarby IF team but having seen the green n white i immediately decided to choose AIK, wear Gold n Black strips like AEK Athens.

Its very easy to pick up tickets. you can book them through http://www.ticknet.se which is the swedish version of ticketmaster and immediately after booking them you can visit any outlet that has the sign ATG which is alot of post offices in Stockholm and other shops, you just take your booking ref number and they print out tickets there and then for you. fantastic idea.

im heading to the rasunda on sunday for opening match, AIK v Kalmar cost me 200 SEK which is around ?16 ....

3 teams in the Allsvenskan from Stockholm as previous poster mentioned and wierdly enough they all share one club shop in City Centre called Derby which has all merchandise.

Jamboinaberdeen if you want any more information give me a shout, send me a PM.

Franky Frankopolous

Jambotastical and Jamboinaberdeen give me a pm and I'll pass you the details of Dave Brunton on. Fellow JT's in Stockholm and all that.

Off to Nykoping tonight for DIF away at Norrkoping on the Sunday. Miko's debut???? Please god NO!!!

DIF - Full Fart Framat

Great place indeed. I was there last August with the family and we had a great time. We were in town when a derby between Djurgarden and Hammarby was on one evening - we bumped into lots of Hammarby fans streaming through the main station, and immediately decided that we wouldn't be choosing Hammarby as our Swedish side.......

Archived