Vlad bottled Liverpool take over

jamborich

Harry Palmer

Heart of Midlothian and Liverpool so close to being a marriage made in heaven.

Gutted. :(

July 2005 Kaunas against Liverpool.

Who exactly had been beating VR black and blue over Hearts by that point?

File this one next to the 'we have the finance for the new stadium'.

Drylaw Hearts

My thoughts also.

The man is mental.

The Treasurer

My thoughts also.

The man is mental.

He body swerved getting involved with the scouse sellik.

He can't be that mental.

Scouse sellik's loss is our gain thumbsup.gif

Getintaethem

I was offered Liverpool once, not just the club but the whole city. ?200 was a bit steep I thought, so I also bottled it.

He can't be that mental.

Everton?

Prince Buaben
<br />July 2005 Kaunas against Liverpool.<br />

<br />

Who exactly had been beating VR black and blue over Hearts by that point?<br />

<br />

File this one next to the 'we have the finance for the new stadium'./>

I'd imagine he means the media battered him black and blue to an extent they did

Vlad-Stupid

I'd imagine he means the media battered him black and blue to an extent they did

Correct. This was around the time when Sir Romanov was in the papers a lot after sacking Burley, Anderton etc.

Correct. This was around the time when Sir Romanov was in the papers a lot after sacking Burley, Anderton etc.

This was at the time when we were signing Burley, Jankauskas, Fyssas, Skacel etc. :lol:

He can't be that mental.

Scouse Celtic? don`t think so.

Drylaw Hearts

This was at the time when we were signing Burley, Jankauskas, Fyssas, Skacel etc. :lol:

Correct.

Clerry Jambo

Oh my God, I am feeling crap as it is this morning but the thought of Klimek, Beniuseless and co parading in the famous scouse red would just finish me off :woot:

Although I think it's just more Vlad pesh!

Remnants of Standards

At least he would have done a better job of it than the carpetbaggers Hicks and Gillette!

The Treasurer

Scouse Celtic? don`t think so.

The overwhelming evidence would suggest you're wrong.

And before you ask.

It's been well documented on past threads so if you want the details look it up for yourself as I have better things to do

Geoff Kilpatrick

:vrface:

Francis Albert

The chronology is not clear from the report. But since he talks about discussions with a Russian businessman as a potential partner, some time must have elapsed between Moores' supposed "offer" and Vlad supposedly "getting scared" and deciding not to proceed, by when his brief honeymoon with the Scottish media (although it was never a very warm romance) may indeed have passed into the "Vlad's mad" phase.

Billy the Jambo

Liverpool had a lucky escape and the supporters of Liverpool should get down on their knees and thank god that never happened .This is the first time i have agreed with vlad he is indeed an idiot

Chad Sexington

Liverpool had a lucky escape and the supporters of Liverpool should get down on their knees and thank god that never happened .This is the first time i have agreed with vlad he is indeed an idiot

:vrface:

Harry Palmer

Mr Romanov clearly has a soft spot for Liverpool FC. Got to love him even more. :)

Mr Romanov = Theiving Scouse Sellick Ambulance chasing supporter. :thumbsup:

Clerry Jambo

Mr Romanov clearly has a soft spot for Liverpool FC. Got to love him even more. :)

Mr Romanov = Theiving Scouse Sellick Ambulance chasing supporter. :thumbsup:

Don't mind him having a "soft spot" for the mighty reds Arnie as long as he never goes near the place. The thought of Malofeev & co on the Anfield touchline is just too much to contemplate :woot:

Vlad-Stupid

Oh my mistake. I didnt realise he meant he'd been offered Liverpool, planned a bid with his businessman mate and knocked back the chance all on the night of that gamehuh.gif

rossthejambo

Indeed, they got so much luckier with Laurel and Hardy in charge of course. :vrface:

Drylaw Hearts

Never in a milion years could VR buy Liverpool FC.

To even suggest it was plausible is crazy.

Vlad crazy.

Captain Lithuania

The overwhelming evidence would suggest you're wrong.

And before you ask.

It's been well documented on past threads so if you want the details look it up for yourself as I have better things to do

LOL. :rofl: :rofl:

DO_NOT_FEED_THE_TROLL_by_Bloodlust_Kid.gif

Francis Albert

Never in a milion years could VR buy Liverpool FC.

To even suggest it was plausible is crazy.

Vlad crazy.

It has become quite the fashion for people to "buy" clubs through debt leverage without putting much if any cash in. To suggest Vlad could have put some such deal together is not "crazy" (though I doubt it ever got much beyond Vlad's imagination).

You're right mate, he is a complete arse. He's been killing this club everyday he's been here and has never done anything good ever. I wish he'd never set foot in Gorgie.

Oh wait. No, that's completely wrong.

romanov-694937545.jpg

Drylaw Hearts

It has become quite the fashion for people to "buy" clubs through debt leverage without putting much if any cash in.

I know.

Afterall.....that is exactly what VR has done with us.

To suggest Vlad could have put some such deal together is not "crazy" (though I doubt it ever got much beyond Vlad's imagination).

It is crazy.

I know.

It is crazy.

you might like to explain why it's crazy.

saying it's crazy - it's crazy doesn't quite convince.

Francis Albert

I know.

It is crazy.

No, it's not remotely what Vlad has done with us. He paid cash for shares at somewhat above their realistic market value. He (or his companies) took on the then existing debt. Despite admiottedly reckless spending since, our debt is about where it was when Vlad bought the club, because Vlad (or his companies) have effectively written off the debt accumulated since purchase of the club. The over ?20m in debt for equity swaps took debt out of the club.

But let's not let the facts get in the way.

Drylaw Hearts

you might like to explain why it's crazy.

saying it's crazy - it's crazy doesn't quite convince.

Oh come on....

Read these words out loud......

Vladimir Romanov to buy Liverpool Fc.

You now get why it's crazy ?

Oh come on....

Read these words out loud......

Vladimir Romanov to buy Liverpool Fc.

You now get why it's crazy ?

yes, i'm now fully convinced. consider me a convert.

it woz the big font wot done it.

:lol:

Drylaw Hearts

No, it's not remotely what Vlad has done with us. He paid cash for shares at somewhat above their realistic market value. He (or his companies) took on the then existing debt. Despite admiottedly reckless spending since, our debt is about where it was when Vlad bought the club, because Vlad (or his companies) have effectively written off the debt accumulated since purchase of the club. The over ?20m in debt for equity swaps took debt out of the club.

But let's not let the facts get in the way.

Cash ?

:orly?:

Added to the overdraft imo.

Drylaw Hearts

yes, i'm now fully convinced. consider me a convert.

it woz the big font wot done it.

Thank god.

I really thought you had lost it there.

Thank god.

I really thought you had lost it there.

ah darn, i've had a relapse. i'm actually going to require convincing after all.

Francis Albert

Cash ?

:orly?:

Added to the overdraft imo.

It wasn't. But even if it was, CPR and others certainly got their cash, and like the wages of all those overpaid players and managers the cash came from somewhere. The debt for equity swaps removed the "Vlad surplus" debt from Hearts. It is almost the diametric opposite of what the Hicks and Glazers have done.

And to thiink that big Jim Jeffries smiley almost had me convinced there!

Tommy Wiseau

He can't be that mental.

Great post.

Mr Romanov is obviously just being polite and really means he heard YNWA, saw how vile a 'man' Jamie "I'll get my mates to batter other players in the street" Carragher was, realised the strong links between Scouse Theltic and Theltic themselves, and rightly decided he wanted no part in it.

He then deliberately went out of his way to anger them by bidding nearly ?6m for a blind midfielder. :thumbsup:

What a man.

:rofl:

Who's going to let Billy know he's stuck on the 2006 loop?

GREAT STUFF. Wish he'd just been ballsy enough to bid for Gerrard though, if he was putting in fantasy bids. :callme:

Drylaw Hearts

ah darn, i've had a relapse. i'm actually going to require convincing after all.

I'm just not prepared to attempt to convince you.

His reasonings for not buying Liverpool is one of the funniest things I've read this year.

Drylaw Hearts

It wasn't. But even if it was, CPR and others certainly got their cash, and like the wages of all those overpaid players and managers the cash came from somewhere. The debt for equity swaps removed the "Vlad surplus" debt from Hearts. It is almost the diametric opposite of what the Hicks and Glazers have done.

And to thiink that big Jim Jeffries smiley almost had me convinced there!

At the time it came from our overdraft.

That's factual.

The Comedian

Isn't 200 million for a club like that not a bargain in a way?

Can't say I'm an expert though.

Denny Crane

Hmmmmmm.... his chronology is a bit suspect. He was still in his honeymoon period (in terms of media popularity) by the time Kaunas played Liverpool. Would have been interested to see how the relationship with Rafa would have developed. On the point of team interference, there are two aspects. Would he have had the nerve to tell a man who had just won the European Cup (and other things besides at Valencia) what to do? If so how would Rafa react? Meddling from above would have been something he'd worked around at Valencia and having had a full season of complete control at Anfield, would he have tolerated it's return.

@Treasurer

I don't think the founding fathers of the club, John Houlding and John McKenna would have been "Sellick-minded" given their Orange backgrounds but you are a very funny chap! :lol:

:rolleyes:

The Treasurer

I don't think the founding fathers of the club, John Houlding and John McKenna would have been "Sellick-minded" given their Orange backgrounds but you are a very funny chap! :lol:

:rolleyes:

If that is the case then they must be spinning in their graves at what has happened to their once proud club sad.gif

358048382_0f15580784.jpg

Seymour M Hersh

Read the title of the topic and try to keep up thumbsup.gif

But it's you who is so incredibly factually incorrect bleating on and on and on and on about LFC being similar to timmmy in the weej.

Archived