Under 19's League

Homme

Celtic are currently leading Rangers 3-0. Looks like it'll be Hearts or (more likely) Celtic who lift the U19's league this year.

Win the next two games against both OF teams and we are right up there but Celtic have the games in hand. No shame in finishing runner up to what looks like a very strong Celtic team though.

alwaysthereinspirit

Celtic are currently leading Rangers 3-0. Looks like it'll be Hearts or (more likely) Celtic who lift the U19's league this year.

Win the next two games against both OF teams and we are right up there but Celtic have the games in hand. No shame in finishing runner up to what looks like a very strong Celtic team though.

Has Lennon been sent to the stand yet?

jamboinglasgow

Hearts needed a rangers win in this match. If that had happened then Hearts would just need to win the last 2 matches to win the league.

But it is a great run by the team. And finishing second close to Celtic would be a great achievement.

Footballfirst

I was there this morning and Celtic were excellent or perhaps it was more that Rangers were poor. Celtic went two up within 13 minutes and cruised through rest of the game. They scored again 7 minutes into the 2nd half and both sides went through the motions after that. Celtic's goals came from Callum McGregor, Tony Watt at Patrick Twardzik.

It's the first time I've see Watt play. He was excellent. He is the lad they paid Airdrie ?80K + ?20K in add ons for.

I saw five of the Hearts U19 side at the game. They are off to Guernsey on Friday as the have a week off before they play Rangers on Good Friday.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Was speaking to someone who said Sellick have signed some Swedish 16 year old who is on 3k a week and is meant to be unreal. Anyone confirm?

jamboinglasgow

I was there this morning and Celtic were excellent or perhaps it was more that Rangers were poor. Celtic went two up within 13 minutes and cruised through rest of the game. They scored again 7 minutes into the 2nd half and both sides went through the motions after that. Celtic's goals came from Callum McGregor, Tony Watt at Patrick Twardzik.

It's the first time I've see Watt play. He was excellent. He is the lad they paid Airdrie ?80K + ?20K in add ons for.

I saw five of the Hearts U19 side at the game. They are off to Guernsey on Friday as the have a week off before they play Rangers on Good Friday.

Do you know what the teams were?

I wonder why Rangers have become so poor, they have only won 1 of their last 5 games.

Footballfirst

Do you know what the teams were?

I wonder why Rangers have become so poor, they have only won 1 of their last 5 games.

Teams

RANGERS: Drummond, McAusland, McIntyre, Cole, Hegarty, McCabe, Mitchell, Dick, Kasuka, Naismith, Crawford

CELTIC: Feely, O?Donnell, Hughes, Toshney, Brennan; Bagshaw, Irvine, McGregor (Atajic 88); P Twardzik, F Twardzik, Watt (Spence 80)

Rangers have been hit by injuries to strikers Kal Naismith (played today) and Kane Hemmings, but most importantly to their best play maker Dylan McGeouch (saw him with his foot in plaster today - he broke a metatarsel in a challenge by our Fraser Mullen)

rossthejambo

Maybe coz a lot of their better players are on first team duty.

Or maybe it's coz they're not very good. :rolleyes:

Where are Hibs in the U19 league btw? I ask because according to you they're youth system is better than ours :whistling:

Footballfirst

Maybe coz a lot of their better players are on first team duty.

Nope - The likes of Ness and Wylde are too old for the U19s

Celtic were also missing the league's top scorer in James Keatings who was injured.

Footballfirst

Or maybe it's coz they're not very good. :rolleyes:

Where are Hibs in the U19 league btw? I ask because according to you they're youth system is better than ours :whistling:

Hibs are 7th with only one game left, a small matter of 20 points behind Hearts. :rolleyes:

jamboinglasgow

Celtic were also missing the league's top scorer in James Keatings who was injured.

As far as I have seen, only Cole has played for the first team, Hemmings has been on the bench once or twice. And Walter can be reluctant to take more onto the bench, against Dundee United he had only five subs.

rossthejambo

Hibs are 7th with only one game left, a small matter of 20 points behind Hearts. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the top information there FF.

Jambosr1985 in talking utter pish shocker it would seem :smuggy:

Jambosr1985

"Where are Hibs in the U19 league btw? I ask because according to you they're youth system is better than ours"

Show me where i said Hibs were any better, all i pointed out was a few home truths, i knew Keatings was injured as Donald Park told me on Saturday he was at 3-2 game they lost, but hey ho on you go about our super 19s via reports from Darrens old pal at the post office.....

Hutton/Cole both required 1st team duties for a start not sure about others but will check up for sure, McLaren Rangers head scout told me Rangers do not have the numbers Hearts have at under 19s ie we carry far too many.

jamboinglasgow

"Where are Hibs in the U19 league btw? I ask because according to you they're youth system is better than ours"

Show me where i said Hibs were any better, all i pointed out was a few home truths, i knew Keatings was injured as Donald Park told me on Saturday he was at 3-2 game they lost, but hey ho on you go about our super 19s via reports from Darrens old pal at the post office.....

Hutton/Cole both required 1st team duties for a start not sure about others but will check up for sure, McLaren Rangers head scout told me Rangers do not have the numbers Hearts have at under 19s ie we carry far too many.

Doesn't matter that Hutton is required for the first team, he is 20 and ineligible for under 19 football.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

http://www.hmfckickb...26#entry2125026

"... Was at Riccarton yesterday for the 17s derby against Hibs, we lost 3-2, the goalie sold the winner, man of the match was the referee, best Hearts player (Sam Todd), got sent off.

Billy King was okay but thought Hibs had more players with ability, sorry Peanut/FF/JIG but thats how i saw it... "

:whistling:

You have been calling anyone who has anything positive to say about the U17s and U19s for everything in the last few weeks and claiming that our youth policy is poor. Weirdly you have been trying to castigate the guys who normaly keep us up to date with their progress for reporting on the matches for the rest of us.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

How is your dad these days? :ninja:

Footballfirst

Doing a quick check of their website Rangers have 20 players listed in their U19 squad for this season. Hearts had 22, with 5 of them sent out on loan and also includes Ryan Stewart who was out all season with an back injury. That number has fallen further with the Lithuanian guys going home.

BTW Celtic haven't lost 3-2 at any point this season or are you referring to Saturday's 3-2 win, or was Donald Park at a totally different game.

Vlad-Stupid

orly.png

Doing a quick check of their website Rangers have 20 players listed in their U19 squad for this season. Hearts had 22, with 5 of them sent out on loan and also includes Ryan Stewart who was out all season with an back injury. That number has fallen further with the Lithuanian guys going home.

BTW Celtic haven't lost 3-2 at any point this season or are you referring to Saturday's 3-2 win, or was Donald Park at a totally different game.

:vrface:

Guest Dipped Flake

Please do us all a favour and just quit it. Not sure if one of our u-19s ******* your wife (big assumption on my part) or if it's a thing you have against footballfirst but your views on our u-19s are totally gash.

Footballfirst

"............................ but hey ho on you go about our super 19s via reports from Darrens old pal at the post office............................

Jambosr1902 - If that comment was aimed at myself, then I'm afraid that you have me confused with someone else as I've never worked either with Darren or at the Post Office in my puff.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Jambosr1902 - If that comment was aimed at myself, then I'm afraid that you have me confused with someone else as I've never worked either with Darren or at the Post Office in my puff.

It is easy to get confused though right enough... For example, I might be well wide of the mark but...

I think that 'Jambosr1985' might be Donald Park's Hun supporting son. Could be wrong but he bares all the hallmarks IMO. He was in my class at Primary school... Well until he got held back a couple of years. :whistling:

Easy to get confused though so maybe not. :thumbsup:

It is easy to get confused though right enough... For example, I might be well wide of the mark but...

I think that 'Jambosr1985' might be Donald Park's Hun supporting son. Could be wrong but he bares all the hallmarks IMO. He was in my class at Primary school... Well until he got held back a couple of years. :whistling:

Easy to get confused though so maybe not. :thumbsup:

Is the poster you refer to tall :woot:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Desmundo,

Park junior isn't very tall but he is quite fat and drools on about the Huns all the time. Dunno if the poster is tall or even the same guy, just seemss a bit like him what with all his King Billy chat, Rangers drooling and well... You know... The way he comes accross as a wee bit challenged sometimes.

Jambosr1985

Yip thats me outed Parkys son and Peanut one and the same, correction meant to say Celtic won 3-2, apologies FF must be getting you mixed up with someone that works in the Sorting office at Sighthill.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Yip thats me outed Parkys son and Peanut one and the same, correction meant to say Celtic won 3-2, apologies FF must be getting you mixed up with someone that works in the Sorting office at Sighthill.

There's a lot of that going around Parky. :ninja:

;)

Archived