Webster

cuthy2k

Credit where credit is due, bar one incident late in the game, I thought he strolled today. Talked the defence through the game and looked solid.

Take a bow son.

kylelauren01

Agreed. Never broke sweat, especially in 1st half. Captain for next season without doubt...

Thought he looked the part as Captain today - always in control at the back and talking to the rest of the team all the time. And Bouzid looks much more comfortable playing with him than with Zal. Webster + Zal doesn't work as they both want to take charge so Bouzid and Webster is our best combination if you ask me.

colinmaroon

motm as well

still a judas, but what a good defender

Understand he had a Zaliukas moment!

Does that mean he's crap too, or does it mean that Zaliukas isn't really as crap as some are making out?

south morocco

Great player ,so composed on the ball and a cert for captain next season,im sure he was captain today,i know his history, name a better spl scottish defender ???????????????????

There were 2 crosses came in from the left wing in the second time when Well looked dangerous and both went right across our goal. I would have thought our 'MOM' would have dealt with at least one. He doesn't break sweat because he's too unfit to break into a jog,I would have Black as my captain any day.

Jambof3tornado

Funny as hell when Webster yelled at Temps to get on the ball! Captain material without doubt!

Hearts captain and future legend in the making (if he stays for the duration), he's the closest thing to a proper captain since the snake left for Torbett Towers

It's high the lazy barsteward started working harder.

Never broke sweat?????

Never saw a really good defender sweating?

The signature of any good tradesman is making what they do look easy, and not breaking sweat.

jt

kingantti1874

It's high the lazy barsteward started working harder.

Never broke sweat?????

Webster is a class act, he never broke sweat because is generally in the correct place before the ball comes into dangerous area... Rio Ferdinand does the same albeit at a different level... You don't need to run around like a headless chicken if u don't need to... Craig Levein was the same

Understand he had a Zaliukas moment!

Does that mean he's crap too, or does it mean that Zaliukas isn't really as crap as some are making out?

Stroller's 'Zal' moments tend to happen when there is some form of chance of the defence recovering. Kello sold Higdon's first as much as Webster as an example.

Zal's happen when there is no hope of recovery.

Craig-Section Z

Wow, this new Webster love in has scaled new heights this week!! I heard after the game he turned water into wine and did this comfortably with his feet up smoking a cigar! On his agenda this week (while still training) he is going to end world poverty!! What a legend we have amongst our players..........

Drylaw Hearts

Wow, this new Webster love in has scaled new heights this week!! I heard after the game he turned water into wine and did this comfortably with his feet up smoking a cigar! On his agenda this week (while still training) he is going to end world poverty!! What a legend we have amongst our players..........

Agreed.

:)

Only a Game

People have said he had a good game and is future captain material, which are both undoubtedly the case. Dont let that stop you drama queening it up though.

Stroller's 'Zal' moments tend to happen when there is some form of chance of the defence recovering. Kello sold Higdon's first as much as Webster as an example.

What an utter load of shite!

I could provide a more conclusive argument but to be honest your post doesn't deserve my efforts

pettigrewsstylist

Credit where credit is due, bar one incident late in the game, I thought he strolled today. Talked the defence through the game and looked solid.

Take a bow son.

Outstanding as expected

Take a bow Andy

Take a well done JJ

Take a ty for putting the club first Vlad

jack D and coke

Can't see why anybody's that surprised to be honest. He's doing exactly what he did last time he was here. Forget his history he's the best central defender at the club and would be my choice of captain for next season without a doubt.

Anybody still harbouring a grudge over the way he left need a slap. Do you want the club to succeed or don't you?

colinmaroon

CROFFLES!!!

And what about the five other Zal moments Webster had in the St Mirren game!

PS Don't get me wrong, I rate Webster and he was brilliant today but, double standards stick in my gullet!

Stupid Sexy Flanders

There were 2 crosses came in from the left wing in the second time when Well looked dangerous and both went right across our goal. I would have thought our 'MOM' would have dealt with at least one. He doesn't break sweat because he's too unfit to break into a jog, I would have Black as my captain any day.

Agreed, still disappointed in my fellow supporters for bending over to welcome Hundy back so happily. "Let's all forget what a scumbag he is cos he's a good player!" Aye nae bother.

Agreed, still disappointed in my fellow supporters for bending over to welcome Hundy back so happily. "Let's all forget what a scumbag he is cos he's a good player!" Aye nae bother.

Is that you admitting he is a good player. That would be odd as you told us just a fortnight ago (and two MOM performances ago) he wasn't a good player. What you really meant is that you could not admit he has played well due to the way he left our club.

Guess what, you aint the only one that was/is upset at his actions, it's just that some of us can admit it when he plays well.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Is that you admitting he is a good player. That would be odd as you told us just a fortnight ago (and two MOM performances ago) he wasn't a good player. What you really meant is that you could not admit he has played well due to the way he left our club.

Guess what, you aint the only one that was/is upset at his actions, it's just that some of us can admit it when he plays well.

I've never said he's not a good player. I slated him for his "performance" against St Mirren, but if you could be arsed looking back, I praised him for playing well against Hibs. He also had quite a good game yesterday. I still don't like him though.

scott_jambo

Stroll stroll stroll, did not sweat, did not break sweat, stroll, stroll.

That should just about cover the JKB rent-a-quotes.

Radioactive Mince

Yep, barring one poor header which could've cost us, he had an excellent game I thought. It's good to see him shouting the odds at the other players when we're playing below standard, IMO.

Craig-Section Z

People have said he had a good game and is future captain material, which are both undoubtedly the case. Dont let that stop you drama queening it up though.

Black had a good game and could easily be captain, some would say he has more grounds to be captain than Webster, should we start a new thread for him? Likewise Ruben had a good game, does every player who has a "good" game get their own thread now?

I would say the drama queens are those who turned almost instantly on our Captain last Sunday for a mistake and those who now think Webster is the best thing since sliced bread yet 6 months ago wouldn't give him the time of day. Its amazing how quickly supporters will turn on a player and likewise how quickly a player can become flavor of the month.........

colinmaroon

Black had a good game and could easily be captain, some would say he has more grounds to be captain than Webster, should we start a new thread for him? Likewise Ruben had a good game, does every player who has a "good" game get their own thread now?

I would say the drama queens are those who turned almost instantly on our Captain last Sunday for a mistake and those who now think Webster is the best thing since sliced bread yet 6 months ago wouldn't give him the time of day. Its amazing how quickly supporters will turn on a player and likewise how quickly a player can become flavor of the month.........

That's the problem when everyone considers their opinion to be a sacred truth!

It's all so subjective now that what actually happens on the pitch and over a season is so subjectively shaped , that how you feel at any given moment shapes your opinion at that moment. That's why you can find so many obvious contradictions and, also, why everyone thinks they know better as to what someone else is thinking than the person themself.

On that basis, if a player you don't like makes a mistake, and you've got a particularly bad hangover, then his degree of "rubbishness" is factored by at least the power of three!

With all due respect to Blackie, he still needs to concentrate on his own game without having to worry about others. Especially as our central midfield is imo the second weakest part of the team, after cover for Kyle.

I've no idea how fit or unfit Webster is, but now he's starting to get a run of games it's not taken long for him to show that he is a top SPL defender. Once he really gets his sharpness and full fitness back, probably next season, I think he'll near eradicate the one or two mistakes he's made since coming back.

However, as much as I think a fully fit Webster is a distance ahead a Zaliukas as a defender, no-one (even a critic like me) can forget the contribution Zaliukas made once he come back from injury and while he remains at the club, the captaincy should not be taken away from him.

If he is to leave in the summer though, JJ has a big decision to make on the captaincy between Kyle and Webster. It might even come down to loyalty and look them both in the eye and see which one is most committed to signing an extension to their current contract. And JJ will also have to take into account which is least injury prone. Wallace, Jonsson who we must remember were ahead of Black at the start of the season as potential captains, and Black will all have to take a back seat. Kyle and Webster are the best candidates - by a long way.

Archived