Turkey

Henry smith

Henry smith

Hi looking for some advice on going to turkey on hols this year 2 adults 1 kid.Anyone on here been and know any good hotels and resorts any help and advice would be great cheers

Doctor FinnBarr

Hi looking for some advice on going to turkey on hols this year 2 adults 1 kid.Anyone on here been and know any good hotels and resorts any help and advice would be great cheers

What you looking for? AI/SC? And lively or quieter?

:mellow:

Henry smith

What you looking for? AI/SC? And lively or quieter?

:mellow:

Self catering or possible all inclusive depending on price got the bairn so nothing to lively

Everybody loves Baz

Self catering or possible all inclusive depending on price got the bairn so nothing to lively

Me the wife and our 5 year old Daughter are going to the First Chioce Holiday Village in June for 2 week AI here,

Our Resort

Good flight times from Edinburgh & back and it's only a 15 minute journey from Dalaman Airport to the resort :thumbsup:

Doctor FinnBarr

I'd try Icmeler, we can't see by it TBO, plenty bars and eating places but the noise/music gets turned off at midnight tho the bars still stay open and for some strange reason theres a high proportion of Hearts scarfs about the place!

If you decide to go AI then avoid the Alinda and Portofino hotels, decent AI at the cheaper end is the Mersoy Exclusive. We've only went SC once but I could recomend the Sun Blue Apart Hotel.

A good place to find out more about the place is to go to the Icmeleronline forum but don't book thro them-much cheaper elsewhere. If you register on the forum you can view the photo gallery.

Hope this helps some but don't hesitate to ask if you want more info.

:thumbsup:

We did Marmaris a couple of years ago with my 2 daughters aged 9 and 3 at the time. We had a great time.

Only real downside was 2 hours each way from the airport - I felt that was was a bit long for the 3 year old.

blondejamtart

I'd also recommend Icmeler - we usually go there twice a year and love the place. Icmeler Online is a good start, and despite what bikerjambo says, we've booked with them several times and found that they can be cheaper on occasion. The service you get is second to none too. All depends what you're looking for, and of course, shop around before you book.

If you do think about Icmeler and have a particular hotel or apartment in mind, let me know, because I should be able to give you an idea what it's like.

Doctor FinnBarr

I'd also recommend Icmeler - we usually go there twice a year and love the place. Icmeler Online is a good start, and despite what bikerjambo says, we've booked with them several times and found that they can be cheaper on occasion. The service you get is second to none too. All depends what you're looking for, and of course, shop around before you book.

If you do think about Icmeler and have a particular hotel or apartment in mind, let me know, because I should be able to give you an idea what it's like.

LOL, knew you'd turn up. Its a bit like Lynn and a Busby thread!

:thumbsup:

girvanjambo

9 of us went to a resort called Alanya last year, plenty to do, family friendly, beach superb, not full of drunken brits. :thumbsup:

Henry smith

Cheers for all replys big help think will look at icmeler and kusadasi thanks again

blondejamtart

I loved Turunc, very relaxing

Turunc is nice too. If you happen to go to Icmeler, you can easily to go Turunc on the dolmus - spectacular views on the very twisty, steep roads there, or the water taxi.

shaun.lawson

Kusadasi

That's where we went over 20 years ago now. Great place. I've no idea if Turkey is still as dirt cheap nowadays - but it was unbelievable back then.

I'd vote Icmeler as well.

Also a wee shout for Akyaka which is stunningly beautiful and relatively quiet, but within travel distance of Marmaris etc.

Doctor FinnBarr

I would rather go to Lybia than Turkey,the cesspit of cheap holidays

Please tell us where this LYBIA is then!

:lol:

blondejamtart

Cesspit of cheap holidays??? Aye, ok then...

Not the Turkey I know and love so well, that's all I can say!

Only a Game

We've been going to Hisaronu for the last 10 years. Its a compact resort town with a few really decent hotels. A big all inclusive resort at one end and plenty of affordable villas with pools. Have a look at what the St Nicholas group have to offer for villas and hotels ( avoid St Nicholas Gardens as it has gone seriously downhill) or look at owners abroad for villas in the area. Plenty decent places to eat and drink and its still relatively cheap ( although not as cheap as it was before comparitvely speaking) and plenty other towns with variety in the area to visit. You'll get a really decent sized villa with a shared pool (possibly your own pool) for around ?400 a week, maybe less, depending on when you are going ( Avoid August if you've got kids because the heat can be ferocious). Its by far the best and most independent way, and we've found the cheapest way to go to Turkey.

Near to Hisaronu there are two places with beaches ( Calis and Olu Deniz) and a bigger market town town called Fettiyhe with a harbour for your boat trips. Fettiyhe is also a bit cheaper for eating out as its a proper town rather that purpose built for tourists. Avoid going to the football with the kids there ( they have a second division team on the verge of promotion most years - They are absolutely mental and had their ground closed twice last season after pitched battles where shots were fired !!!) Its an experience though.

The big bonus about Hisaronu is the people though. Very friendly and unthreatening with none of the hassle you sometimes get in the bigger resorts. I'd say its probably better for a family orientated holiday as opposed to Marmaris or Bodrum or Kusadasi

I'd try booking everything yourself instead of getting a package. Book a villa direct and they'll normally include a return transfer in the price. Its about 1 hour 15 minutes from the airport, speaking of which thats the only downside. Getting a really cheap flight deal from Edinburgh is proving harder and harder. There are only two operators currently flying to Dalaman from Edinburgh (Thomas Cook and Jet2.com who are cheaper but not such good flight times) You might want to look at going from elsewhere in the UK as you can sometimes save enough to justify it.

Never fancied Turkey at all but now been to turunc and icmeler and headin back to icmeler this year.The people in general are nicer than the turks in general seem to get credit for. Great food as well,def recommend it over any spanish resorts ive been too.

Midloth_Iain

I have been going to Turkey for 12 years, mostly different resorts.

Went to Dalyan 3 years ago and going back this year for the 4th time. To be honest its more a couples resort than families with small kids, probably not enough to keep the bairns occupied.

Not as big or commercial as Marmaris, Gumbet or Icmeler but brilliant small resort, close to one of the best beaches in Turkey :thumbsup:

9 of us went to a resort called Alanya last year, plenty to do, family friendly, beach superb, not full of drunken brits. :thumbsup:

I have a friend thats from Alanya, and girvans right most people are of Scandinavian desent that holiday in Alanya....Lovely place.

Have always wanted to see Besiktas JK play, surely some of the best fans in the world.

Archived