Big Tom Heaneys final farewell.

Eggo

Today is the day we all say our final farewells to the Big Fella that is Tom Heaney.The service is today at Mortenhall Crematorium and im gutted that I cant be there due to other commitments that cant be changed.

I will of course be there in mind if not body.

See you later Big Lad we will all miss you :(

• 4 weeks later...
davemclaren

Tom's dad joined the forum mid april and posted this on his profile. I'm sure he meant to post it in a more public way so I hope he doesn't mind me doing it for him.

Hi I am the father of Tom Heaney.

I would like to thank all of you who posted their thoughts about my son.

He,unfortunately ,passed away on Friday 25th.March.He would have loved all the attention that you all bestowed on him.Thank you all again.

bill duff

I made it to the Big Man's Farewell from the US. Was coming home anyway, but managed to get flights changed to arrive earlier.

RIP Tom

scott_jambo

Tom's dad joined the forum mid april and posted this on his profile. I'm sure he meant to post it in a more public way so I hope he doesn't mind me doing it for him.

Hi I am the father of Tom Heaney.

I would like to thank all of you who posted their thoughts about my son.

He,unfortunately ,passed away on Friday 25th.March.He would have loved all the attention that you all bestowed on him.Thank you all again.

Always gets me in the throat when a father has to say goodbye to his son.

RIP Tom. You meant a lot to a lot of people.

The Old Tolbooth

It was one of the most moving funerals I've ever been to, Tom's brother was a legend when he stood up and spoke to the congregation, Tom will be sadly missed.

The message from Tom's father is gut wrenching, like Scott says, it's never easy seeing a parent say goodbye to one of their own.

Archived