We can offer double his basic wage

Dunk-Section G

Dunk-Section G

Craig Brown is quoted in the EEN today saying that we can offer Diamond double his basic wage at Aberdeen. Can that be right? I dont support the idea of bringing him to the club so would certainly hope we would not offer him double bubble, but surely he must be on one of the better wages at the Sheep?

heartsfc_fan

Probably on ?1,500 or ?2,000 a week currently, so I would believe it.

Craig Brown is quoted in the EEN today saying that we can offer Diamond double his basic wage at Aberdeen. Can that be right? I dont support the idea of bringing him to the club so would certainly hope we would not offer him double bubble, but surely he must be on one of the better wages at the Sheep?

I agree that he shouldnt becoming to the club, but why offer double?

Surely his current + 5-10%. Who else is going to take him or can afford him?

rossthejambo

I've no doubt we probably can afford to double his basic wage, but there is no way we should be offering him it.

Whilst i have no desire to see him at Tynecastle in a Hearts top I reckon him playing along side Webster may not the most popular pairing by a long shot but will ultimately prove more robust and less likely to bomb scare moments ala Sunday. Just my opinion.

Without seeing the whole quote to judge the context its written in, i'd take that more as Paw Broon working from the assumption that in the past we might have paid players sums that would equate to double what Plug is earning just now.

By that logic, we "can" pay him double.

I dont for a minute think that equates to "Hearts have come to the table and offered him a package which is double that which he is already on".

Agree with the post above. Don't for a minute beleive that we'd actually offer this pleb twic his current wages. If so it would be a colossal waste of money.

In fact, I'll double the wee scrotes wages just to keep him away from Tynecastle.

Whilst i have no desire to see him at Tynecastle in a Hearts top I reckon him playing along side Webster may not the most popular pairing by a long shot but will ultimately prove more robust and less likely to bomb scare moments ala Sunday. Just my opinion.

Do you think Zander Diamond is better than Zaliukas?

Deans Jambo

Diamond just as prone to being a 'bombscare'. My worry about those 2 together would be lack of pace and injury prone.

I'm not usually one for fan protests but

I think a few old bedsheets with "ZANDER , NO THANKS!" printed on them may be in order.

Is Aberdeen's top wage not just ?1,900 a week? Not including bonuses and appearances. That's what i read sometime last season.

Absolutely no chance! I've never been a fan of Zaliukas anyway, thought we'd have got rid of him yonks ago but if it was a choice between the two of them then Zaliukas should be playing for Barcelona in comparison, Diamond is that bad!!

Radioactive Mince

I think a few old bedsheets with "ZANDER , NO THANKS!" printed on them may be in order.

This.

I really hope we don't sign him. If I was religious, I'd be praying.

Thig Ar Latha

Aberdeen Fans are over the moon at this, they don't want him either!

I like Zal, think he's a good solid player for us :ninja: but think he will be off in the summer, prob part of the deal with him signing on this season was that he will get a chance to go as soon as we get an offer!

Not a fan of Diamond, think he is worse than Zal and a bit of a knob to boot but think the idea is he's a centre half bod to replace Zal!

p.s. Should say, hope I'm wrong!

Story lifted from Aberdeen's local Evening paper yesterday - All the Dons fans are delighted he's leaving and think it a bonus if he comes to Hearts... <_<

No I don't. Do I think Zal is liable to spend more time suspended? Yes I do.

Do I believe the manager thinks ZD is a better long term bet? Unfortunately yes!!! :unsure:

Craig Brown trying to force up his wage demands?

Anybody that has a christian name of Zander and is Scottish and is paid more than the minimum wage and get's anywhere near Tynecastle Park without paying to get in, I'm out.

No chance mate, Diamond has more bombscare moments in 3 games than Zali will have in a year!!

On a side note, do you think Hmfckickback has jumped up the MI6/FBI internet watch lists with all the uses of "bombscare"!??

Genghis Khan

Paw Broon is obviously desperate to get rid of this tool. Who has ever heard of a losing manager talking up the better conditions of one of their rivals to a player they actually wanted to hold on to?

More "mind games" from Paw.

Drylaw Hearts

If Aberdeen are that desperate to get rid of Z then surely they wouldn't have offered him a contract at all ?

Just a thought.

Gigolo-Aunt

If Aberdeen are that desperate to get rid of Z then surely they wouldn't have offered him a contract at all ?

Just a thought.

That's just crazy enough to work, DH.

However.....

The Warren Commission Doubters will no doubt say Aberdeen will take a stance that they were priced out of the market when it came to contract offers - even if they have no intention of keeping him. This makes this club save face.

Some of you might have to google "Warren Commission", its well worth it though as It's a delightful (and topical) gag that gets better and better. No matter how many times you read it.

Harry Palmer

Accept that it's going to happen....

I'm sure we'll all be in love with him ala No.15. Aye.

Anticipating the first 'bombscare' thread already.

Archived