Scheduling before or after internationals.

alwaysthereinspirit

alwaysthereinspirit

The more I read or listen to Gordon Smith the more I realise he's not up to the task.

His comments about trying not to schedule OF games after Internationals is just so wrong and unprofessional for someone in his position. Basically telling us that those two teams are more important than anything else.

Last week the top 4 teams in England played each other. At the start of the season it was probably always going to be those 4 teams at the top. It never crossed their minds to work those games around internationals.

Smith has taken us backwards to the dark ages. The ode to Scottish football was written especially for him.

Smith GTF.

Hearts Heritage

We may not like it but the answer is they are and the Top 4 in England are. In recent years it hasn't really been an issue given the few OF players that were in the Scotland team.

The reality is that players view their club as more important than the National side. Arranging the fixture list to accomadate this reality does make sense.

As a fan I view Hearts as more important than Scotland.

The surprise in England was that there were few call offs. Normally for friendlies there is a large list.

Brashy hit the nail on the head in one of his posts yesterday-the sfa should start an elite league of rangers and celtic playing four times in a season,that would make sure they had time for their"glamour games".I would love them to gtf and let the rest of us get on with it,the imposters at the gfa would all end up in the priory.

To be fair to Gordon Smith, he was reacting to people who were saying the international shouldn't have been arranged near an old firm game, when the international game was actually arranged first.

The answer is simple.

Get David Murray or Wally Smith to do the fixture arranging. Cut out the middle man.

The answer is simple.

Get David Murray or Wally Smith to do the fixture arranging. Cut out the middle man.

Aye your right m8 they run the SFA anyway

Archived