Bye Bye Fletcher

vegas-voss

Real Madrid to offer ?3.6m in the summer for him.So the Sun says god knows who tells them this **** though and how they come up with the figure.14 goals this season surely to god there is a better 21 year old out there than Fletcher.

Quite frankly, I just don't believe this crap.

Me niether.I think the story has stemmed from away back at the U19 euros where Scotland reached the finals and he was rated one of the best players of the tournament but we seen a year later at the U20 WC just how much the other teams players had improved yet Scotland where still at the same level if not worse.

I couldn?t believe they went to the trouble of photoshopping a Real Madrid shirt onto him, but didn?t finish it off by adding the red beaker from the muppets hairdo, shoddy work. :sad:

He's a decent young striker, but he's no better than the Old Firm or a lower Premiership team. If he signs for Real Madrid this summer then Kingston will be Barcelona's captain by August.

chester copperpot

TBF They probably just uplifted that info from hibs.net, as they seem to be creaming over the though of Fletcher going to Real Madrid.

It really makes you wonder if true what the hell Real must be thinking i mean come on Barca have Bojan who at only 16 years of age is already streets ahead of Fletcher and also Real seem to be the only ones interested.

chester copperpot

No wonder Schusters job is on the line if this is the kind of signing he's trying to make. :eek:

Charlie-Brown

Fletchers a good player & could become a really good player once he leaves Hibs - this is probably tabloid nonsense though - if Real Madrid are interested then he would be for Real Madrid 'B' or one of their feeder clubs - there is no way he's a target for Real Madrid 'A' team next season but they could take a punt on a future prospect like Fletcher for their B team or feeder clubs.

Ogi fae Gorgie
No wonder Schusters job is on the line if this is the kind of signing he's trying to make. :eek:

Think the owners make the signings Andy. Sounds familar eh. Fletcher is a good player, pretty injury prone though. Worth all that. Me no think so.

Fletchers a good player & could become a really good player once he leaves Hibs - this is probably tabloid nonsense though - if Real Madrid are interested then he would be for Real Madrid 'B' or one of their feeder clubs - there is no way he's a target for Real Madrid 'A' team next season but they could take a punt on a future prospect like Fletcher for their B team or feeder clubs.

So that will be Castilla then ?

Would be gobsmacked if this happened. Really do not see it at all to be honest. He is good, and pretty handsome, but not that good. If hibbies are creaming themselves over this maybe I am missing something??? Why would anybody want to lose their main striker?????

Would be gobsmacked if this happened. Really do not see it at all to be honest. He is good, and pretty handsome, but not that good. If hibbies are creaming themselves over this maybe I am missing something??? Why would anybody want to lose their main striker?????

maybe the hobos board are copying us.we seem to sell our main strikers as well

I think Hibs float these wackjob stories on Hibs.net and to the papers to set a price expectation for the next asset that they intend to offload. Same thing has happened with most of the previous disposals.

A team is named, as is a price, setting a benchmark for reasonable offers.

Cue some bunch of idiots like Rangers or Celtic offering 4 million next week.

gorgie rd eh11
maybe the hobos board are copying us.we seem to sell our main strikers as well

They don't need to copy anyone when it comes to selling their best players. They're pretty good at doing that themselves.

the hobos are getting excited because they are more interested in their bank balance than the team, they're weird.

the hobos are getting excited because they are more interested in their bank balance than the team, they're weird.

Na they are talking about a friendly aswell "yeah sell him and arrange a friendly aswell"

Just because we stole their last glamour friendly.

I am more & more convinced that journalists are getting their valuations from Football Manager.

It's a game FFS - it's not real life.

Christ, Jim Jeffries is the new Hearts manager in that game and Calum Elliott is a goal scoring machine and Pinilla actually plays 20 games in season 07/08

Ray Winstone

They get rid of Michael Owen because he was not good enough to get a game and now they want to sign Fletcher?

I hope he enjoys sitting on those comfy seats in the dugout!

DuffJimmy1875

We are talking of the same Steven Fletcher yes?? Not some tall, dark and handsome version that has somehow avoided my attention over the past couple of seasons.

A good - if somewhat one-footed - player he is.

Handsome he ain't!!!!

And if he goes for ?4 million to Real Madrid this summer, I'll eat my hat.

Obviously their scouting system is pish these days.

At least they have a scouting system and if they have an experienced manager he may even develop into a better player.

Listening, you russian twinkletoes fraud?

They know more about their club finances than we do about ours. At least their chairman is honest about what is going on. Not like that money laundering, theiving **** that we have as an owner.

We are talking of the same Steven Fletcher yes?? Not some tall, dark and handsome version that has somehow avoided my attention over the past couple of seasons.

Handsome he ain't!!!!

I think he is quite handsome in a strange sort of way, yes. I never found Jim Duffy handsome though. Is that you?

Handsome he ain't!!!!

I think he is quite handsome in a strange sort of way, yes. I never found Jim Duffy handsome though. Is that you?

I`m sure technically gifted 21 year olds grow on trees in Spain!!!!

I can only ever think Real would pay 4m to a wee club if they had a player who they reckoned is already head and shoulders above the level of league he is performing in, therefore having the potential to become a great player.

They get rid of Michael Owen because he was not good enough to get a game and now they want to sign Fletcher?

I hope he enjoys sitting on those comfy seats in the dugout!

They sold Owen nearly 3 years ago. Hardly think the two are linked. Bought him for ?8m and sold him for ?18m...it is called business. If you loolkat his goals to game record for RM it was good.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

This story is almost as good as the Gudjohnson to Hearts story! :)

I hate sticking up for Hobo's - so tin hat time.

The fee being quoted is miles out but Real Madrid are definitely tracking Fletcher. He's a good young player, far from the finished article. Also a grounded, pleasant, level headed young lad off the pitch.

You have to remember he won't be going into Real Madrids first team - they see a player with potential and want to develop him themselves in their B team. He realises this might mean he disappears from view for a year or so, but I think he is aware that this is a once in a lifetime dream chance for him.

I will no doubt take pelters on this, but I do suspect there is a grain of truth in these rumours - the first time it was mentioned in the press was on the times podcast, the game, when Guillem Balague said he had spoken to one of the Real Madrid scouts about young players they were tracking across the globe. Steven Fletcher was one of a few he mentioned, and I had to do a double-take because they absolutely never talk about the SPL. He is a ballbag but I doubt he has a pro-hibs agenda so probably would have no reason to make a story like that up!

Of course Real's youth policy is very different to anything we have in this country, more like Arsenal where they can spend 5 mil on a 20 year old that seems to have a bit of potential and then find out if they can make the step up. Although we'd never hear the end of it, as a Scotland fan i'd love to see Real make him into a decent striker to partner Faddy!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Raul posing with his new team mate Steven Fletcher yesterday.

52895662.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=780858ABC91EC2142A18FD50606EBC47A40A659CEC4C8CB6

Wasn't anyone listening to BBC Scotland just before KO in the Croatia game ?

It was clearly stated Real had scouts out to watch the game in case Fletcher played. Apparently it's a serious interest.

Which is obviously hard for us to take as no one from Real or Barca was watching Miko or Zaliukas.

colinmaroon

Have the flairmeisters called Fletcher the new Raul yet???

If they haven't, have they not been taking their medicine???

The Scotland game on Wed showed he has a lot to learn. Way out of his depth, played out on the left fair enough but was very poor.

jambo_ellen

As a hibs fan i find it hard to believe but i think if real offer anything like ?3m hibs will sell.

He's the most 1 footed player i've seen.

good luck to him.

Archived