A lot of Support for Craig Levein

IMA MAROON

Who do you want to win?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win?

• Hearts
    • Levein

There have been lots of threads with posters talking up Craig Levein and lots more threads with posters giving Frail a hard time.

It seems like quite a few want Levein's team to rip Hearts to shreads on Saturday so that Romanov 'opens his eyes' and asks Levein to take over at Tynecastle.

I read last week - on the day of the cup final that United were in - that Levein was again spouting about how he is going to be a success in England.

He showed total disrespect to the United fans with that - and it was similar to his comments about trying to work his exit from Hearts for a year before he failed miserably at Leicester.

I hope that we beat United on Saturday.

200milesfromgorgie

maybe its a forum full of closet dundee utd fans and the jokes on you for thinking its for hearts fans? "HAHA lets all laugh at IMA MAROON thinks this is a jambo place for jambo people, when will he/she learn? flats flats glorious flats and all that"

I'd never want Hearts to lose a game but part of me finds finishing in the bottom 6 more appealing.

I'd rather win a few games against the likes of Aberdeen and Killie than get reamed off of the OF and (potentially) the Vermin.

Yet another anti-Levein thread.

Frail is a failed, unqualified, manager. He is at the root of everything that has been wrong with the team from team spirit to organisation to tactics. He needs to be replaced to get season ticket sales going for the sake of the club.

He was in charge of the team on a day to day basis so has to take the blame for everything except picking the team.

Tomorrows result is pretty irrelevant as our season is over thanks to F®ail. Out of two cups within a month and then blowing our chance of a UEFA place within the following weeks takes some doing.

The Old Tolbooth
I don't understand that point of view.

I can see it from both sides Coco, personally I think if we finish top 6 (big if I know) then we would be subject to some real horsings with that shower of pish that plays week in week out, and if we finish bottom 6 then I guess we would avoid that.

Top 6 finish and severe humpings might open Vlads eyes a bit further, bottom 6 and a run of good results might paper over a few cracks.

I'm not sure I would fancy another derby until a manager is in place who can run a team properly and get some spirit back into Hearts, imagine the ribbing we would take if they turned us over :eek:

I hate losing derby matches, whether we're pish or not, I absolutely hate that mob having bragging rights so for that reason alone I would prefer not to finish top 6 for now, feels funny saying that but it's how I feel.

Frail is a failed, unqualified, manager. He is at the root of everything that has been wrong with the team from team spirit to organisation to tactics. He needs to be replaced to get season ticket sales going for the sake of the club.

He was in charge of the team on a day to day basis so has to take the blame for everything except picking the team.

Tomorrows result is pretty irrelevant as our season is over thanks to F®ail. Out of two cups within a month and then blowing our chance of a UEFA place within the following weeks takes some doing.

I agree on the point on the cups. They were desperately poor performances, though if Velicka had not been on such a bad run of missing sitters, we could have scraped through.

But of the last 21 points available in the league in non-OF games, Frail has got us 17. That's not a bad run of form and has certainly not cost us the chance of a UEFA place - that was the August-December period.

Ally Alexander

Coco,

I think you are taking Levein's remarks out of context. Probably asked about his time at Leicester and stated that he had unfinished business and would like a crack at the premiership. Called Ambition.

Interestingly, Levein has supposedly also commented that he would consider a return to Tynecastle, albeit, some say not under the present regime while others claim that he is full of admiration for Vlad.

He has said that the only way for a SPL manager to go directly to a EPL club is via the OF. Yet, with Vlad's possible largess there is a good chance that he would be able to split the OF regularly and also make an impact on Europe. So he could well consider that Hearts are a good option.

If he delivered this, I would gladly let him go to England.

Its come to this as Hearts as an institution is always our passion but the infrastructure/ownership/playing staff/management have singly faliled to deliver anything other than a bottom 6 performance. I do not want this season to end in anything other than a clear message driving the need for change-romanov may not listen to us but he can see for himself the abject failure if he can be bothered. As for Levein - a hearts legend and a true professional, he can have ambition as long as he likes-nothing wrong with it-he is the right man for a club like hearts.

Coco,

I think you are taking Levein's remarks out of context. Probably asked about his time at Leicester and stated that he had unfinished business and would like a crack at the premiership. Called Ambition.

Interestingly, Levein has supposedly also commented that he would consider a return to Tynecastle, albeit, some say not under the present regime while others claim that he is full of admiration for Vlad.

He has said that the only way for a SPL manager to go directly to a EPL club is via the OF. Yet, with Vlad's possible largess there is a good chance that he would be able to split the OF regularly and also make an impact on Europe. So he could well consider that Hearts are a good option.

If he delivered this, I would gladly let him go to England.

I doubt that any serious side in England would consider him after his previous failure in English football. Once they found out that he was so unaware of English football standards that he signed the likes of Maybury, Hughes, Hammill etc in an attempt to go up to the Premiership he wouldn't even get an interview.

I think that he should keep quiet about his personal ambitions and show a bit more respect to the fans at his current club.

I don't think that Hearts have the funds these days to enable him to have such an advantage on wages over the other non-OF teams in the league that he had the last time - so it would be difficult for him to match his previous record if he were to come back now.

Auld Reekin'

and another posting in which Romanov gets off scot-free yet again!!!

:confused:

Frail is a failed, unqualified, manager.

Who appointed him in the role of caretaker manager again...???

He is at the root of everything that has been wrong with the team :eek: from team spirit to organisation to tactics

all of which actually improved under Frail, unless you preferred how we were playing under Korobochka & AC...?!?!?.

He needs to be replaced to get season ticket sales going for the sake of the club.

Absolutely.

He was in charge of the team on a day to day basis

Mebbies aye, mebbies naw...

so has to take the blame for everything except picking the team. :eek:

Tomorrows result is pretty irrelevant as our season is over thanks to F®ail. :eek: Out of two cups within a month and then blowing our chance of a UEFA place within the following weeks takes some doing.

Show me the person on this board, or indeed any Hearts fan, that thinks Frail is the answer and should get the manager's job permanently...

:tumbleweed:

A few players have stated that he should get the gig, probably only becuase he has at the very least provided them witrh some stability and continuity after the previous 2.5 years of VR induced madness, but no-one else.

Blame Frail all you want - don't think you need my encouragement to do that, right enough :rolleyes: - but don't ever forget who is really responsible for the ongoing chaos at the club. Lackeys and puppets may come and go, but the one constant has been Romanov.

Aim higher!!!

Show me the person on this board, or indeed any Hearts fan, that thinks Frail is the answer and should get the manager's job permanently...

:tumbleweed:

A few players have stated that he should get the gig, probably only becuase he has at the very least provided them witrh some stability and continuity after the previous 2.5 years of VR induced madness, but no-one else.

Blame Frail all you want - don't think you need my encouragement to do that, right enough :rolleyes: - but don't ever forget who is really responsible for the ongoing chaos at the club. Lackeys and puppets may come and go, but the one constant has been Romanov.

Aim higher!!!

I never said Frail was responsible for picking the team - that was/is still the responsibility of Romanov.

Frail is responsible for team bonding, training, and the current management of the team. The first two points he failed miserably in when he was assistant manager, and the last was proven in the cup results and our failure to challenge for a top six/UEFA place.

Tomorrows game is unfortunately beyond Frail's capabilities, as whenever he comes up against a manager with strong tactics he is found wanting, and we usually get a humping.

As I said, he is deadwood that needs to be removed ASAP to boost season ticket sales.

Auld Reekin'
I never said Frail was responsible for picking the team - that was/is still the responsibility of Romanov.

Frail is responsible for team bonding, training, and the current management of the team. The first two points he failed miserably in when he was assistant manager, and the last was proven in the cup results and our failure to challenge for a top six/UEFA place.

Tomorrows game is unfortunately beyond Frail's capabilities, as whenever he comes up against a manager with strong tactics he is found wanting, and we usually get a humping.

As I said, he is deadwood that needs to be removed ASAP to boost season ticket sales.

As I said, all of these areas actually improved under Frail! Were any of these areas were better under Korobochka and Chernenkov, in your opinion?

I will also repeat my fundamental question: who was it that appointed Frail as caretaker manager in the first place*?

(* I must also ask for the offences of Korobochka, Chernenkov, Mad Eddie, Ivanauskas & Rix to be taken into consideration... :P)

Seymour M Hersh
I voted Levein tomorrow. Who cares about top six / bottom six.

Quelle surprise!!!:107years:

Quelle surprise!!!:107years:

I voted Levein too.

It's bad for Hibs if Dundee United win, no?

the voice from above
I voted Levein too.

It's bad for Hibs if Dundee United win, no?

my thoughts exactly

Also, the worse we do this season the better

Even if it was, so what!!

Levein walked out on the club just like Elvis.

Frail is still here with us, some fans should try remembering that he never jumped ship.

Nucky Thompson
I read last week - on the day of the cup final that United were in - that Levein was again spouting about how he is going to be a success in England.

He showed total disrespect to the United fans with that - and it was similar to his comments about trying to work his exit from Hearts for a year before he failed miserably at Leicester.

I hope that we beat United on Saturday.

Levein is a self centered tosser who only thinks about #1:mad: MON the Hearts, lets ram them.

Could never shout against my team,but i want Vlad to see just how bad we are and the money he's throwing down the drain paying some of these so called players

Drylaw Hearts

I want Hearts to win.

But I want Levien as Manager.

I want Hearts to finish in the Top 6.

But I want Dundee Utd to finish ahead of Hibs.

winston churchill

Levein has shat on us before,frail is out of his depth.

falkirk will make the top six.

i would never want hearts to lose,but with nothing to play for and if there's a chance we can stick up total hoofball i am all for it.

my thoughts exactly

Also, the worse we do this season the better

GIRFUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You types are worse than celtic fans.

That is Frail picked up more points than any other manager (outside the OF) since taking over at Hearts at the begining of the year.

A win next week should see us make the top six.

Well done Shaggy.

Archived