Well done- Hearts and Hibs

Francis Albert

Francis Albert

The Scottish media were primed for a "look it's not just an OF problem" angle on today's derby -the Record ran a piece during the week about the last derby at ER being a "shame game" and inviting comments from JJ and Calderwood about the risks of the OF mayhem being repeated. No-one could say the game wasn't competitive, but despite Brines' card-happy performance (including two absurd yellowss for innocuous on -pitch goal celebrations) there were by OF standards only a modest number of cards. There was only one really bad tackle in the game (Scott on Black). Despite some controversial decisions at no point were the officials surrounded and man-handled. The managers and others on the touchline did not need to be spoken to let alone physically pulled apart. There were civilised hand-shakes all round before the game and at full time.

I suspect the Record will not be drawing attention to the contrast, despite its hopeful pre-match speculation.

The Real Radio phone in was on coming back in the car! They were on about a pitch invasion :what:

Saying if the ref includes it in his report we could be in bother! I only seen one guy standing in the goal mouth and he walked off.

The 2 yellows for the goals were a joke as well.

Hearts Machine

Rangers Media.

"Wonder what the wee fat ugly greasy ******* salmond will have to say about his own teams fans singing the billy boys???"

"Sure ive heard the famine song and the billy boys from the Hearts fans, will the SFA take any action against them?"

"billy boys in full"

"1-1 miller, hearts fans invading the pitch"

Links are available, but I`m apparantly "paranoid" to believe that they would attempt this deflectionary tactic.

FTH.

Morgaro Gomis

The Real Radio phone in was on coming back in the car! They were on about a pitch invasion :what:

Saying if the ref includes it in his report we could be in bother! I only seen one guy standing in the goal mouth and he walked off.

The 2 yellows for the goals were a joke as well.

Saw 3 guys on the pitch. One guy tried to get one, and seemed to have pushed 2 other guys on with him :lol:

All 3 were ejected rather quickly though, can't see how we'd get in too much trouble about it tbh.

Hearts Machine

No wait, the hubz are at it too.....

"Re: Dear Alex Salmond, An open letter...

I sent this when I got home to his office anyone else that wants to heres one of his e-mails [email protected]

Dear Mr Salmond

I am an SNP voter and a member of my family is an SNP councillor in Edinburgh.I have just returned from the derby and have had to sit for most of the game listening to Hearts fans singing "up to their knees in Fenian blood".I know that you are against bigotry and a Hearts supporter but this really annoys me this was not a small faction this was most of the Hearts support.I get really annoyed with Hibs fans that take the tri colour but there is no taking away that we were founded by Irish Immigrants I do not see why Hearts fans should be showing us the Red Hand of Ulster or singing these songs .I know we will never be rid of bigotry but was wondering if you could have a word with Hearts in person"

Scary. :yucky:

Archived