McGlynn

rudi must stay

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

If he continues his progress I would definitely like to see him back here one day.

One of the few employees that survived the Romanov regime and was respected and allowed to leave with Hearts blessing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/raith_rovers/7316419.stm

Well done to him, he's doing a great job there :)

Agreed and he has provided a great coaching environment for bringing on some of our quality youth players ...... unlike Riccarton.

Dont know where the BBC get their facts about when John joined Hearts though as in 1996 he was still a plumber helping John Murray and Peter Houston coach the under age teams.

I like and have a lot of time for J McGlynn but i do not think he is doing a great job at Raith.All he has done is sign some Hearts rejects.1 promising young Hearts player on loan.1 god loving ex hun and his team is struggling to get out of the 3rd division.Not a great job in my view.Okay no more up until now.

If he continues his progress I would definitely like to see him back here one day.

One of the few employees that survived the Romanov regime and was respected and allowed to leave with Hearts blessing.

john would be back in a minute,was with him the other night,

he doesn't have any money to spend ,does all the diy jobs himself

some other **** on here says he signs hearts rejects

theres not much more you can do if there isn't any funds to buy players

its thanks to shaggy and craig leven that he has managed to get enough

players together to compete in 2nd division.........:)

john would be back in a minute,was with him the other night,

he doesn't have any money to spend ,does all the diy jobs himself

some other **** on here says he signs hearts rejects

theres not much more you can do if there isn't any funds to buy players

its thanks to shaggy and craig leven that he has managed to get enough

players together to compete in 2nd division.........:)

Just in name.No matter how they name it,it is the 3rd division.So it seems i missed out in the Dundee Utd rejects.That friends for you.:)

Charlie-Brown

The only way clubs like Raith can progress up the divisions is by finding, producing or loaning in promising young players and signing players released by SPL clubs or persuading rivals clubs players to sign for them when out of contract - there is virtually zero money in the SFL to enable a surplus to pay transfer fees.

The only way clubs like Raith can progress up the divisions is by finding, producing or loaning in promising young players and signing players released by SPL clubs or persuading rivals clubs players to sign for them when out of contract - there is virtually zero money in the SFL to enable a surplus to pay transfer fees.

If the likes of Levein ,who knows a good young player when he sees one, trusts McGlynn to bring them on he is obviously highly regarded

brellierlegend

I worked at Raith last season and JM is doing an unbelievable job there. There is very little money for him to work with. He has improved the professionalism there hugely and totally overhauled the youth structure as he knows that is the only way a team like Raith can progress.

When I was there he was respected enormously by everyone at the club and the man works like nobody I have ever seen. 7 days a week, first in, last out and like a previous poster says does all the DIY jobs himself.

He is a great coach, and a great man who taught me a lot.

I would love for him to be back at Hearts one day.

I worked at Raith last season and JM is doing an unbelievable job there. There is very little money for him to work with. He has improved the professionalism there hugely and totally overhauled the youth structure as he knows that is the only way a team like Raith can progress.

When I was there he was respected enormously by everyone at the club and the man works like nobody I have ever seen. 7 days a week, first in, last out and like a previous poster says does all the DIY jobs himself.

He is a great coach, and a great man who taught me a lot.

I would love for him to be back at Hearts one day.

Yep just the kind of guy we need back at Tynecastle.

The team won't improve, but all the toilets will flush! ;)

I like and have a lot of time for J McGlynn but i do not think he is doing a great job at Raith.All he has done is sign some Hearts rejects.1 promising young Hearts player on loan.1 god loving ex hun and his team is struggling to get out of the 3rd division.Not a great job in my view.Okay no more up until now.

Hey don't knock the rejects bit ....... we turn up to watch a teamfull every week.

The ones at Raith at least get access to a coach who understands tactics.

brellierlegend
Hey don't knock the rejects bit ....... we turn up to watch a teamfull every week.

The ones at Raith at least get access to a coach who understands tactics.

The size of the job at Raith when John arrived was massive! For JM to have the club in the playoff's challenging for promotion is a great achievement in itself.

He has had to try and change the culture of the club. Its a long process but I think they will improve year after year.

They need to get out of Div 2 to generate much needed income because some of the crowds the away teams bring are unbelievable. No more than 50! Not good for the books!

If they were in Div one they would have teams like, Livi, Dunf, Dundee, Partick ,Morton, etc who would all bring more fans and help Raith progress!

Mr Quagmire

dear oh dear.

Colonel Kurtz

John is 100% better than any of the pasty faced bulgarians or vodka addled russians we have had since he left

The size of the job at Raith when John arrived was massive! For JM to have the club in the playoff's challenging for promotion is a great achievement in itself.

He has had to try and change the culture of the club. Its a long process but I think they will improve year after year.

They need to get out of Div 2 to generate much needed income because some of the crowds the away teams bring are unbelievable. No more than 50! Not good for the books!

If they were in Div one they would have teams like, Livi, Dunf, Dundee, Partick ,Morton, etc who would all bring more fans and help Raith progress!

Because of the energy and personal time he allocates to his job I cannot believe there is anywhere near the level of "one to one" coaching going on since he left.

It is not that we are short of coaches but we are short of coaches that are committed to work at improving the individual techniques of our players.

Archived