U19s against Rangers

Gershwin

Currently 4-1 up!

Oooft.

Only know cause my mate works for Rangers TV and is covering the game via twitter.

1 down at half time but scored twice at the start of the second half (the 2nd was a pen and some hun boy was sent off).

About 20 mins to go.

:pleasing:

Know the scorers/team? Wonder if Robinson and Prychynenko are involved as they might've been in the squad for the derby.

Where are we in the league?

Top if we win today. But Celtic and Rangers have games in hand to overtake us again.

Charlie-Brown

We will be top if we win today - a point ahead of Rangers albeit they will still have a game in hand.

Top if we win today. But Celtic and Rangers have games in hand to overtake us again.

We will be top if we win today - a point ahead of Rangers albeit they will still have a game in hand.

Cheers :thumbsup:

jamboinglasgow

A win today puts us top, by 1 point if rangers who have a game in hand and 4 points of Celtic who have 3 games in hand.

Come on the 19s, let's hold on.

Charlie-Brown

Of course we must remember that the boys lost heavily to Hamilton Accies earlier in the season plus also to junior cup hopefuls Musselburgh so despite being top of the SPL U19 table they are actually sheeite according to ........ :)

Ryan Gosling

Bet Denis has scored 4 free kicks. He most likely asked the ref to move the penalty out to the halfway line.

Know the scorers/team? Wonder if Robinson and Prychynenko are involved as they might've been in the squad for the derby.

I've just asked...

Obviously, his tweets have been very Rangers focused.

Malcolm Tucker

Bet Denis has scored 4 free kicks. He most likely asked the ref to move the penalty out to the halfway line.

:lol:

The big number 9 got the 2nd and 3rd (possibly Smith). And he thinks Jamie Walker got the 4th.

Useless Hun **** :whistling:

Malcolm Tucker

The big number 9 got the 2nd and 3rd (possibly Smith). And he thinks Jamie Walker got the 4th.

Big No.9 maybe Ogleby?

That's some damn fine reporting!

Cheers mate, good way to start the weekend!

Malcolm Tucker

Who was in goals?

Get him TF out of our club. We don't accept conceding goals to second rate shite like Rangers.

THE UKRAINIAN FREE KICK KING

:yas:

GERMAN!

Good result, delighted to see Jason get a couple of goals too!! Excellent

Prychynenko with 2 and holt with 2......JJ get them starting at the weekend!!!!

Ryan Gosling

HE SCORES GOALS FROM MIDFIELD.

ON A REGULAR BASIS THAT'S 14 FOR THE SEASON I THINK

Other teams giving away free kicks when he's playing-

:vrface:

This.

:vrface:

colinmaroon

That's some damn fine reporting!

Cheers mate, good way to start the weekend!

Sounds like he's got all the makings of a Daily Ranker/Hon reporter (NB NOT journalist).

To be a Ranker/Hun journalist you progress beyond just bad reporting and start deliberately lying to sell newspapers.

Jambo, Goodbye

GERMAN!

Good result, delighted to see Jason get a couple of goals too!! Excellent

He's not German he's from Ukraine, we did however sign him from a German club...

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Usuall Hearts-centric U19 reporting from the 'usuall suspects' where's that new laddie who offers the doom and gloom reviews gone? :D

He's not German he's from Ukraine, we did however sign him from a German club...

I can assure you that he is German, unless he lied to me when he told me. His family originate from Ukraine, but he was born in Germany.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Turned over the vermin and Rangers in the space of a week.

Great stuff lads. :thumbsup:

Kept it up and once third is tied up we'll no doubt see one or two of them.

I can assure you that he is German, unless he lied to me when he told me. His family originate from Ukraine, but he was born in Germany.

So he's a Ukrainian born in Germany?

Cheers.

So he's a Ukrainian born in Germany?

Cheers.

No, he used to be. Something to do with passports, but he no longer holds a Ukraine one so is fully German

No, he used to be. Something to do with passports, but he no longer holds a Ukraine one so is fully German

Fair enough. :thumbsup:

Malcolm Tucker

ON A REGULAR BASIS THAT'S 14 FOR THE SEASON I THINK

SHIT GODDAMN THAT'S A WHOLE LOADA GOALS FOR A GERMAN UKRAINIAN DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER.

Footballfirst

Just back from the game. The 2nd half was their best performance since early in the season. Some good movement, possession and at last some end product (well 4 of them).

Rob Ogleby came in for Aaron Murdoch and Jamie Walker replaced Scott Robinson, who I assume is with the 1st team.

Hearts started brightly and in the third minute Jamie Walker was tripped 25 yards out. Denis hit a fine free kick that was well saved by the keeper who touched it over the bar.

Rangers hit back after eight minutes with their playmaker, Dylan McGeough, scoring a good goal from the edge of the box after beating a couple of men. If anything after that Hearts stood off a bit too much allowing Rangers to pass the ball around. However Hearts were still well in the game and Rob Ogleby forced a diving save from the Rangers keeper with a run and shot from 20 yards.

McGeouch continued to threaten and Hamilton was tested a couple of times by McGeough himself and McCabe for Rangers. One of the key moments occured after 29 minutes when McGeouch was injured after a (fair) challenge by Fraser Mullen and had to go off. That was followed by a Hearts substitution after 38 minutes when Jordan Morton was replaced by Chris Kane. The changes seemed to help Hearts get a grip on midfield and they created a couple of good chances for Rob Ogleby. First a great cross from Mullen was well controlled by Ogleby on his chest, but he inexplicably managed to knock the ball over the bar from 6 yards hen it seemed easier to score. Just before the break, Jamie Walker mad a good run down the right and cut the ball back for Rob steaming in at the near post to knock the ball justwide.

Half time 1-0 Rangers in what had been an even contest.

It wasn't to remain so for long as within two minues of the restart Jason Holt scored the equaliser with a neat turn and shot from 8 yards. After 49 minutes Hearts went ahead. Fraser Mullen's corner from the left was met by Coin Hamilton whose goal bound header was handled on the line by the Rangers left back who was shown a straight red card. Denis Prychynenko thumped the penalty into the net to the keepers right leaing him no chance.

From that moment on, Hearts dominated possession and put together some good moves sometime involving up to 20 passes and the Rangers heads went down. After 53 minutes Dave Smith force a good diving stop by the keeper, then Prychynenko hit a good shot from 30 yards just wide.

It was no surprise when Hearts got a third after 66 minutes. A lovely disuised pass from Mullen found Prychynenko lurking at the edge of the box and he swept a sweet shot into the far corner of the net for his 14th of the season, although his first from open play. Hearts 4th followed in 70 minutes with a fast break when Jason Holt was left with one defender to beat which he did so with ease before running into the box and hitting the ball high past the keeper for a fine goal.

Hearts almost scored a 5th after the keeper could only parry a fierce shot from Jamie Walker and Rob Oglebly should have done better with the rebound, but knocked it wide. Hearts were then content to see out time by keeping possession which they did comfortably.

The win puts Hearts back at the top of the table although both Rangers and Celtic have games in hand.

Darren Murray will have been delighted by the second half performance and will hope to repeat it in the 4 remaining games.

Malcolm Tucker

Just back from the game. The 2nd half was their best performance since early in the season. Some good movement, possession and at last some end product (well 4 of them).

Rob Ogleby came in for Aaron Murdoch and Jamie Walker replaced Scott Robinson, who I assume is with the 1st team.

Hearts started brightly and in the third minute Jamie Walker was tripped 25 yards out. Denis hit a fine free kick that was well saved by the keeper who touched it over the bar.

Rangers hit back after eight minutes with their playmaker, Dylan McGeough, scoring a good goal from the edge of the box after beating a couple of men. If anything after that Hearts stood off a bit too much allowing Rangers to pass the ball around. However Hearts were still well in the game and Rob Ogleby forced a diving save from the Rangers keeper with a run and shot from 20 yards.

McGeouch continued to threaten and Hamilton was tested a couple of times by McGeough himself and McCabe for Rangers. One of the key moments occured after 29 minutes when McGeouch was injured after a (fair) challenge by Fraser Mullen and had to go off. That was followed by a Hearts substitution after 38 minutes when Jordan Morton was replaced by Chris Kane. The changes seemed to help Hearts get a grip on midfield and they created a couple of good chances for Rob Ogleby. First a great cross from Mullen was well controlled by Ogleby on his chest, but he inexplicably managed to knock the ball over the bar from 6 yards hen it seemed easier to score. Just before the break, Jamie Walker mad a good run down the right and cut the ball back for Rob steaming in at the near post to knock the ball justwide.

Half time 1-0 Rangers in what had been an even contest.

It wasn't to remain so for long as within two minues of the restart Jason Holt scored the equaliser with a neat turn and shot from 8 yards. After 49 minutes Hearts went ahead. Fraser Mullen's corner from the left was met by Coin Hamilton whose goal bound header was handled on the line by the Rangers left back who was shown a straight red card. Denis Prychynenko thumped the penalty into the net to the keepers right leaing him no chance.

From that moment on, Hearts dominated possession and put together some good moves sometime involving up to 20 passes and the Rangers heads went down. After 53 minutes Dave Smith force a good diving stop by the keeper, then Prychynenko hit a good shot from 30 yards just wide.

It was no surprise when Hearts got a third after 66 minutes. A lovely disuised pass from Mullen found Prychynenko lurking at the edge of the box and he swept a sweet shot into the far corner of the net for his 14th of the season, although his first from open play. Hearts 4th followed in 70 minutes with a fast break when Jason Holt was left with one defender to beat which he did so with ease before running into the box and hitting the ball high pastthe keeper for a fine goal.

Hearst almost had a 5th after the keeper could only parry a fierce shot from Jamie Walker and Rob Oglebly should have done better with the rebound, but knock it wide. Hearts were content to see out time by keeping possession which the did comfortably.

The win puts Hearts back at the top of the table although both Rangers and Celtic have games in hand.

Darren Murray will have been delighted by the second half performance and will hope to repeat it in the 4 remaining games.

Footballfirst

Is Dylan McGeough the boy who's signing for Celtic from Rangers?

Yes. Apparently he will be on ?3,000 a week. Not bad for a 17 year old.

To be fair to the lad, he is the best player I have seen in the league this season.

He could miss the rest of the season though as he apparently has a suspected broken metatarsel in his foot.

Yes. Apparently he will be on ?3,000 a week. Not bad for a 17 year old.

To be fair to the lad, he is the best player I have seen in the league this season.

He could miss the rest of the season though as he apparently has a suspected broken metatarsel in his foot.

Nasty.

Thats as bad as having a broken rib...in your torso. :teehee:

Footballfirst

Thats as bad as having a broken rib...in your torso. :teehee:

Just clarifying things for those who have their brains.......... in their buttocks :rolleyes:

FF was Robinson playing?

No, could well be with the first team. Should be after his performance against St. Mirren. :thumbsup:

The Old Tolbooth

Big smile on my face after reading this thread :pleasing:

So, in the U19's followers expert opinion of whom I value very highly, could Pyrechenko do a job in our first team just now?

jambos are go!

Big smile on my face after reading this thread :pleasing:

So, in the U19's followers expert opinion of whom I value very highly, could Pyrechenko do a job in our first team just now?

I sometimes get the feeling FootballFirst has his doubts.

Footballfirst

Big smile on my face after reading this thread

Not at this particular moment - he looked knackered at the end of today's game........... but seriously, yes in a holding or central midfield role. It will be a matter of easing him in though, maybe give him 20 mins or so to start with. The player who is playing out of his skin just now is Jason Holt. I'd suggest that he should be earmarked as a replacement for Blackie.

Archived