Leon - The Director's Cut

cosanostra

I'd heard a while back that there was a driector's cut made of my favourite ever film but I finally saw it today. There's about 20 minutes of extra footage which varies hugely in quality. The scenes mostly focus on the relationship between Leon & Matilda. There are some seriously cringeworthy scenes where Matilda get's drunk and continues to profess her love for Leon. There's another terrible scene where she plays Russian roulette to try and force Leon to say he loves her. I can see entirely why Besson omitted these.

There are however a couple of cool parts that make it worth watching. Matilda goes on a few jobs with Leon so you actually see more of her learning her trade as a cleaner. These scenes are not bad at all. Leon gets to use one of the grenades that you can see on his utility belt at the start of the UK release.

Anyone else watched it?

I actually prefer the UK version but i'm glad i saw the extended one.

I'd heard a while back that there was a driector's cut made of my favourite ever film but I finally saw it today. There's about 20 minutes of extra footage which varies hugely in quality. The scenes mostly focus on the relationship between Leon & Matilda. There are some seriously cringeworthy scenes where Matilda get's drunk and continues to profess her love for Leon. There's another terrible scene where she plays Russian roulette to try and force Leon to say he loves her. I can see entirely why Besson omitted these.

There are however a couple of cool parts that make it worth watching. Matilda goes on a few jobs with Leon so you actually see more of her learning her trade as a cleaner. These scenes are not bad at all. Leon gets to use one of the grenades that you can see on his utility belt at the start of the UK release.

Anyone else watched it?

I actually prefer the UK version but i'm glad i saw the extended one.

My favourite film too. The extended version's great; it's the one I saw first.

Some of the extra scenes are terrible though. The champagne / restaurant scene is in particular, hard to watch.

Pretty cool finding out why Leon comes to the US and how he came to be in trouble because of a woman when Tony met him.

Some of the extra scenes are terrible though. The champagne / restaurant scene is in particular, hard to watch.

Pretty cool finding out why Leon comes to the US and how he came to be in trouble because of a woman when Tony met him.

I don't know; it's hardly the best scene there, but fits in with the whole NataliePortmanWTF theme quite well.

The part Jean Reno was born to play.

Not some w*nk knight from the past.

We watched that in my Higher French class. It was great, so shut it.

We watched that in my Higher French class. It was great, so shut it.

I saw the original in school too, the bird was tidy.

Did they not do a remake in English?

Cool little bit of Leon related trivia....

The blonde girl at the start of Leon that was in bed with the fat, bearded guy (that Leon kills all his employees) was Luc Besson's burd and she also plays the big, blue, alien, diva, opera singer woman in the Fifth Element.

I saw the original in school too, the bird was tidy.

Did they not do a remake in English?

I think they may have done. Les Visiteurs was the name of the French one.

Jean Reno gets eternal respect for starring in:

onimusha3_cover.JPG

Excellent game.

Archived