Gary Glen

Ryan Gosling

Ryan Gosling

**** hot.

Because he doesn't look rotten in the reserves.

As I type this, he just missed the ball.

**** hot.

Because he doesn't look rotten in the reserves.

As I type this, he just missed the ball.

Well he surely qualifies for the 1st team then. Well thats if we had football men running the football side or our football club. Football romanov ya plum!

A few folk are shouting for his inclusion this season end.

Does anyone have his game/goals stats for this season?

broxburn_hearts
Is he left or right footed? I honestly can't tell.

Naturally right, but is very able with his left.

Ryan Gosling
Naturally right, but is very able with his left.

That's funny because he was favouring his left in the first half, right in the 2nd.

CornhillHearts

He has great control and a bit of attitude; throw him in for the rest of the season is my shout, but its ginger stay in dugout frails call so he will play Makela.

Is he left or right footed? I honestly can't tell.

I hope he's got 2 feet unless we are planning on signing Mucca:p:p

He has great control and a bit of attitude; throw him in for the rest of the season is my shout, but its ginger stay in dugout frails call so he will play Makela.

I don't have a problem throwing in youngsters, but can anyone tell me his stats for this season.

IIRC Robbo/Crabbe/Kirk etc had great scoring records in the reserves when the fans were asking for them to be called up, just wondering what his stats were like with so many calling for his inclusion. (mind you, they wouldn't need to be that great to compete with what is in the first team just now).

CornhillHearts

Gambo

I do not go with stats, in his case he has been injured with slatters? a lot of the season (growing pains kind of), but he is a football player, smallish but great control and like I have said on numerous occasions the best prospect out of them all as regards a player up front.

Charlie-Brown

Proper footballers are comfortable with either foot and can play equally well in a number of positions - Gary Glen, Eggert Jonsson & Ryan McGowan can all control & pass etc with either foot - they can all play in a variety of team roles as well, I think all 3 are & will prove to be very useful players.

Gambo

I do not go with stats, in his case he has been injured with slatters? a lot of the season (growing pains kind of), but he is a football player, smallish but great control and like I have said on numerous occasions the best prospect out of them all as regards a player up front.

No probs, as i have said i do not have a problem with him or other youngsters being included.

But he does not seem to have appeared too many times for the reserves this season and dosent seem to be prolific when he has appeared (i take on board your explanation). Just wondered why a few were clamouring for his inclusion, and hope for Glens sake that it is for merit of a place rather than the picking a hopeful 'name'.

I watched him warming up at Inverness and found it very hard to guess whether he is right or left footed. He looked like he had a great touch.

Cut The Crap

My mates always tell me it's hard to decide whether I am naturally left- or right-footed. I don't think they mean it as a compliment though.

My mates always tell me it's hard to decide whether I am naturally left- or right-footed. I don't think they mean it as a compliment though.

Banana feet;)

I used to watch Andy Kirk in some reserve games and you just knew he was going to make the grade. I watched him score 3 or 4 against Hibs at Tynecastle in a U-21 game and one of the goals he scored was from an impossibly tight angle and he still lashed it into the top corner.

If this lad Glen is showing the same promise then get him in the team!

I am average with both feet to the extent its not noticable....shame im rank at everything else.

Btw, what footed (?) is Robbie Neilson....neither?

I used to watch Andy Kirk in some reserve games and you just knew he was going to make the grade. I watched him score 3 or 4 against Hibs at Tynecastle in a U-21 game and one of the goals he scored was from an impossibly tight angle and he still lashed it into the top corner.

If this lad Glen is showing the same promise then get him in the team!

He scored all 5 against them in a 5-0 drubbing IIRC...a mate of mine from school was in the centre of defence for Hibs, gave him pelters!

He scored all 5 against them in a 5-0 drubbing IIRC...a mate of mine from school was in the centre of defence for Hibs, gave him pelters!

I was at the game - was remarkable performance.

I liked Andy Kirk and was disapointed we let him go.

As for Glen - i would asume if head been scoring at the same rtae as Andy we wouldnt be asking the question about his stats as we would be well aware of them.

That said - stats arent everything. I also see someone says he has been suffering from Osgood Slatters disease - I had that as a kid (2nd year at high school) and I was told no running until you heal or you can be debilitated for the rest of your days.

Id assume that at his age it isnt quite as severe but no doubt they will have been treating him with kid gloves just in case.

The season is over anyway - maybe give him a chance as long as we arent losing 4 nil at the time.

providing he stays fit and has a good attitude then we have a potential superstar on our hands, don't mean to put to much pressure on him but he's 10 times the player branny n copil are put together. watch this space!!!!!!

Ray Winstone

Reports are he is a talent but I havent seen him enough to comment.

Watched him against Rangers reserves where he played left wing and he looked ok although that is clearly not his natural position.

Charlie-Brown

Glen can play on the left or the right or through the centre - he can also play in a deeper lying attacking role - attacking midfielder. The kids a good player & versatile.

Delighted to see yet another youth coming through the ranks.

Is Ryan McGowan also in the squad?

Archived