Webuyanycar.com

Ignoranus

Nippy advert but has anyone used these guys?

Done this online quote thing but have heard they just use that to get you down to the branch then offer you a significantly lower price?

Anyone dealt with them?

Boaby Prentice

Used it twice before, just to find out what they were offering.

What they were offering is substatially lower than the vehicles worth.

Cheers for input Boaby.

Thing is with my vehicle is that it has a dent on the bonnet. Also, a slight dent to the sill of the drivers window. (well some jakeball seems to have tried peeling the metal back).

Also the engine is starting to soudn alot louder. Like its vibrating off something.

Basically want to get rid. And cant see many folk being interested if i stick it on the likes of Gumtree.

What they have offered online i would probably accept. But i cant be arsed going down there for them to offer half that price. :down:

Nippy advert but has anyone used these guys?

Done this online quote thing but have heard they just use that to get you down to the branch then offer you a significantly lower price?

Anyone dealt with them?

I sold them my car in London the back end of last year. They offered me a reasonable price for the car by email and when I went to see them they inspected it and offered me a bit less, but not as little as I expected. Five days later the money turned up in my account and I was happy. What they didn't know, and obviously didn't find out until too late, was that the gear box was knackered and the car was worth little more than its scrap value. I walked away laughing but the offer they made me would have been derisory had the gear box beem ok. So be careful is what I'm saying. It may work for you but probably not. It is quick and easy though.

Do a search on here, sure another poster was offered ?250 or so for the car online, but when he took it to the dealer the offer was only ?15. They cited "more issues than reported online", but seems this is a common occurance...offered X online but it's X*Y% by the time you get it round to the dealer. Sell it on gumtree.

Say What Again

Do a search on here, sure another poster was offered ?250 or so for the car online, but when he took it to the dealer the offer was only ?15. They cited "more issues than reported online", but seems this is a common occurance...offered X online but it's X*Y% by the time you get it round to the dealer. Sell it on gumtree.

linky

heartsfc_fan

I'd try and sell my car privately or even get a trade in price. No plans on selling my car, but was interested to learn the trade-in for my motor is something like ?4K (quoted that at a garage)...WBAC were only offering a tad over ?3K. I could probably get ?4,500 privately!

If your car isn't worth much and you want rid, fair enough. But anything worth a few grand, then you want to get the best price possible!

Might just pop down anyway. If they offer something mince i'll tell them to jog on :thumbsup:

There is quite a large chance they will offer you actual mince. If it's proper steak, it's worth considering.

I put a car on Gumtree last year and within 2 days i had 6 people interested.

Got what I was after, but wished I had put more as I could always have lowered the price.

There is quite a large chance they will offer you actual mince. If it's proper steak, it's worth considering.

:rolleyes:

The Treasurer

No matter how good they might be I would refuse to give them any business purely because of those fecking annoying adverts verymad.gif

Vlad-Stupid

Checked the price on both my motors just to see how much of a scam it is, both came in at less than 50% of the book price. Then the chances of them giving you as much as the online valuation are probably zero. Wouldnt touch them with a barge pole, theyre like many companies of late, set up to target the poor and desperate.

blondejamtart

I would try Gumtree - you might be pleasantly surprised at what you might get for your car there. I've known a few people who've sold absolute bangers on there and got more than they expected. Some folk will buy anything!

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Sold my Jeep Cherokee in December, WBAC offered me ?2500 then upped it to ?2900 when it started snowing. Sold it on Gumtree for ?3800

My mate took his MOT failure Pajero down to the one at Newbridge (basically the chassis was made of rust hence the MOT fail) and he got ?600 for it. Same happened to my other mate with a shonky old 306 she wanted shot of.

They work on the fear factor that youre not going to get every tom dick and harry tyre kicker round your house but you'lll get probably a lot less than trade. I think they punt them thru the auctions iirc

I used them when I sold my car as was changing to company car.

From my first value I got in a few weeks it went up ?700, as I was getting email updates of what it was valued, even after I booked my appointment.

I was honest when I completed my online form, and put info about a dent in the car, however they felt the dent was slightly worse, and it took ?400 off it ( as it needed body shop repair), but that was still ended up more than it was when I originally booked my appointment.

Car was in good condition otherwise and if you don?t have a full service history and by a ?reputable company? (i.e. I bought via Arnold Clark and serviced via them) it also takes a lot of money off your valuation.

The way they work is that they have agreements with lots of dealerships to take various values of cars, off them each week and for every car they get ?100 so it is really the dealership that makes the money.

If you want hassle free, which is what I wanted, and are willing to accept you won?t get what you would privately they were good to deal with

Just on the news that they have been given a bollocking from the office of fair trading for their business practices.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Just on the news that they have been given a bollocking from the office of fair trading for their business practices.

Bloody hell, 96% of customers received less than the website valuation! lol

Bloody hell, 96% of customers received less than the website valuation! lol

I'm more surprised that 4% actually got the money they were told they would!

I'm more surprised that 4% actually got the money they were told they would!

That's the ones the scousers nicked direct from a showroom.

I took my car to webuyanycar after getting it valued at around 250 online. When I got there, they surveyed it and took off about 50 quid per bump or scratch, mine were all really minor and were on the car when I bought it for 750 8 months prior. Final valuation was -?10, ended up getting 50 quid from them for it as he did something he shouldnt have with tax or something. anyway. didn't enjoy the experience, but wanted a quick sale.

Vlad-Stupid

I took my car to webuyanycar after getting it valued at around 250 online. When I got there, they surveyed it and took off about 50 quid per bump or scratch, mine were all really minor and were on the car when I bought it for 750 8 months prior. Final valuation was -?10, ended up getting 50 quid from them for it as he did something he shouldnt have with tax or something. anyway. didn't enjoy the experience, but wanted a quick sale.

For 50 squid, i would have had more fun writing it off driving it in to stuff. Like Easter Rd

For fun, definitely agree with you there. Fifty quid has a lot of value for a skinto student such as myself!

Could've taken it to a scrappies for ?100.

Or traded it in against a new car. I got ?250 for my old Punto without the guy even looking at it. It was battered to hell.

Archived