Whatever happened to the intimidating atmosphere?

jambogaza

Is it just me that starts to see Tynecastle as more of a family day out these days? I mean don't get me wrong, we should welcome people of all ages and genders but I just think we've lost that atmosphere that opposition players used to fear pre kick-off. Not sure if this is true but I heard we're handing out flags etc pre kick off tomorrow and allowing entry half an hour early(?) I appreciate the importance of the game but we seem to be setting ourselves up for the fall. I know what I'll be doing during the game and it won't be waving a flag.

Guest JamboRobbo
Is it just me that starts to see Tynecastle as more of a family day out these days?

Personally, I see it as a duty these days, and I'm happy when my duties are done for the day and I get to go home and do something less boring instead.

Fans react to the performance of their team playing well and scoring goals, or if they are not doing that, getting stuck in and showing commitment for the cause.

We get none of that from the team at Tynecastle and therefore there IS no atmosphere!

I'll get the flares and a sign saying ' welcome to hell ' !

The op makes a good point, but i can't remember the crowd really lifting the place for the whole year, well maybe the celtic game when we got the pen !

I used to like a good sing song at the home games, even if I was the only one on Section B who was singing! This season, I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've sung, I feel disassociated with the club at the moment and don't enjoy the matchday experience at all.

Personally, I see it as a duty these days, and I'm happy when my duties are done for the day and I get to go home and do something less boring instead.

I feel much the same way I am afraid.

sad but true happy ****ing days not:sad:

Buffalo Bill

We're not Galatasaray.

It's up to the team to give us a lift, which will give them a lift.

...and sort of 'chicken and the egg' thing.

Right now, the eggs are rotten which chokes the chicken.

In fact, that's what I'd say to the Romanovs.

"Don't choke your chicken".

versace1_gallery__470x333.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Mr Quagmire

I unfortunately have to sit in the Gorgie Stand.

No Singing or clapping most weeks, its crap.

People stare when you shout or sing.

The club should make the Gorgie the singing stand.

Try and sing at tynie but no ones really interested these days, you can hear the apathy above the singing, pretty sad IMO as having a good sing song should be part and parcel of a day oot at the fitba.

No heart, no passion.

The heart was ripped out the day GB was given the order of the boot.

The best atmosphere I have ever experienced in 40 years of going to Tynie was the Aberdeen CL clincher!

The place was bouncing that night - GB had left some months before.

The best atmosphere I have ever experienced in 40 years of going to Tynie was the Aberdeen CL clincher!

The place was bouncing that night - GB had left some months before.

Rangers game for me when Bednar scored the winner. Place was rocking.

We're not Galatasaray.

Buffalo Bill

Please Please Please Please stop posting pictures of that bl@@dy android ;)

Seconded. 'It' gies me the boak.

Said this on another thread a few days ago, last saturday was one of the worst atmospheres i've seen at tynie for a good few years, ok i don't get up much but bloody hell, if you tried to start a song people looked at you funny, the boys in section G and myself gave it there best but i know the arguement, "as soon as there is something to sing about we'll sing! or when the team show's the effort i will!!"

It's a two way street people, like someone said before it's all a bit chicken and egg, if the players don't get encouragement they probably think what's the point, likewise with the fans, if the team are playing gash then the fans think what's the point.

I don't know the answer but everytime i get up to gorgie i will sing my heart out, that might just be me though???

PS FTH:107years:

I unfortunately have to sit in the Gorgie Stand.

No Singing or clapping most weeks, its crap.

People stare when you shout or sing.

The club should make the Gorgie the singing stand.

Take responsibility! Let them stare!

"I heard we're handing out flags etc pre kick off tomorrow" are they white? Might as well wave them the way the team has been playing.

bigwull22 "The atmosphere disappeared with the demise of "Hullo,Hullo" I'm afraid"

Didn't catch any games while Burley was here then? You weren't at the semi against Hibs? We don't need to resort to that to create atmosphere.

Unfortunately our brief success followed by extended underachievement and manipulation and lies from Vlad has left us with a cynical sing when you're winning attitude. We need to go back to the songs about the clubs history nd support the team on the pitch whether we are winning or losing. It is tough at the moment but we should be able to enjoy being supporters. Let's be positive. Otherwise we will continue to be a "sh***y home support"...

Have you heard of the Heart of Midlothian?...

We'll support you evermore...

H-E-A-R-T-S...

It's magic, you know...

Have you ever seen a hibee lift the cup?...

Tell all the Hibs you know...

The biggest atmosphere I have heard at Tynecastle was when Bennyuseless got subbed in the first derby of season.

Romanov has ripped the heart and soul out of the place and shown a complete lack of respect for the club, supporters, staff and players. The fans have had to sit by and watch as he has made one mistake after another so it's no suprise apathy has set in.

There are signs of change at Tynecastle so hopefully the famous songs will be back next year accompianied by a new manager and some decent signings (hullo hullo should be left to the huns).

The biggest atmosphere I have heard at Tynecastle was when Bennyuseless got subbed in the first derby of season.

Romanov has ripped the heart and soul out of the place and shown a complete lack of respect for the club, supporters, staff and players. The fans have had to sit by and watch as he has made one mistake after another so it's no suprise apathy has set in.

There are signs of change at Tynecastle so hopefully the famous songs will be back next year accompianied by a new manager and some decent signings (hullo hullo should be left to the huns).

Where exactly???

Sub-standard players getting sent back to Kaunas is hopefully a sign. The appointment of Frail is also hopefully a sign that Romanov has learned from his mistakes.

Nothing 100% I agree.

We're not Galatasaray.

Buffalo Bill

P l e a s e ... stop subjecting us to photos of that woman.

I know she's rich.

I know she's famous.

But she gi'es me the boak.

Guest S.U.S.S.
No heart, no passion.

The heart was ripped out the day GB was given the order of the boot.

Yup the Semi that year was crap, so was the final, come to think of it the game against Aberdeen was a dank depressing affair.:confused:

Sub-standard players getting sent back to Kaunas is hopefully a sign. The appointment of Frail is also hopefully a sign that Romanov has learned from his mistakes.

Nothing 100% I agree.

And this is a GOOD sign?????:confused:

Ron Atkinsons Microphone

Seems to be full of day trippers now with their Hearts clubstore bags.

What he said.

Seems to be full of day trippers now with their Hearts clubstore bags.

Aye cause we're the Man Utd of Scotland:confused::confused::confused:

The cruckie cookie

Too many free tickets for the kids these days.

The place is like a Pittodrie:rolleyes:

Seconded. 'It' gies me the boak.

P l e a s e ... stop subjecting us to photos of that woman.

I know she's rich.

I know she's famous.

But she gi'es me the boak.

Don't stop, BB. She gives me an uncontrollable urge to play with myself.

Is it just me that starts to see Tynecastle as more of a family day out these days? I mean don't get me wrong, we should welcome people of all ages and genders but I just think we've lost that atmosphere that opposition players used to fear pre kick-off. Not sure if this is true but I heard we're handing out flags etc pre kick off tomorrow and allowing entry half an hour early(?) I appreciate the importance of the game but we seem to be setting ourselves up for the fall. I know what I'll be doing during the game and it won't be waving a flag.

the set up behind the team is superb but what is killing the atmosphere at games is romanov's mismanagement of our team. the players past and present have been messed about and therefore our team has become a complete shambles. all the good work being done by the people who have nothing to do with the team/players is being wasted by romanov and his yes men/puppets. fans go along to games out of shear loyalty and are cheated out of them not being able to watch a hearts team who are managed/coached by competent people. yes the fans are being conned big time and it won't stop until romanov admits publicly that he's made a complete mess of our team and he's going to give complete control of all team matters to a quality manager. a manager who can bring in his own people and not have to put up with romanovs amateurish muppets.

then, if romanov does the right thing, we'll see the great atmosphere come back to tynecastle the home of the hearts.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Kiss my arse.

Donatella_Versace_381120a.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Keep posting them BB, I **** myself every time I read your posts. :rofl:

donatellaiggy.jpg

The death of Section N saw the demise of the atmosphere IMO.

Not team selections or board room politics.

Ron Atkinsons Microphone
Aye cause we're the Man Utd of Scotland:confused::confused::confused:

Especially the Roseburn stand, well, 90% of the Roseburn.

jambos are go!

We need to get the 'poison ivy' out of the stands. We must do all we can to encourage them in their determination not to renew and let new blood in. A refreshed support will ensue IMO

Ron Atkinsons Microphone
We need to get the 'poison ivy' out of the stands. We must do all we can to encourage them in their determination not to renew and let new blood in. A refreshed support will ensue IMO

Tend to find the ones who started supporting Hearts in 2005 are the worst out the lot of us.

Tend to find the ones who started supporting Hearts in 2005 are the worst out the lot of us.

It's the price you pay for success.

Don't think any Hearts fans (speaking as broadly as possible) have covered themselves in glory this season, atmosphere-wise. Using "N's closed" as an excuse doesn't stand, given that half of them just went to G.

Yes quite right! We don't want to attract any new Hearts fans!:rolleyes:

This lot coming along means we've now got 13,500 ST holders. Get rid of them!

Let's get back to the good old days of 7,000 hardcore fans turning up at Tynie!

:confused::confused::confused:

Bindy Badgy
I'll get the flares and a sign saying ' welcome to hell ' !

The op makes a good point, but i can't remember the crowd really lifting the place for the whole year, well maybe the celtic game when we got the pen !

The rangers 4-2 game and the second half in the 1-1 draw with Killie were good as well. The Killie game shows that the fans will respond if they see the players getting stuck in.

I just think we've lost that atmosphere that opposition players used to fear

This is down to a combination of factors:

1. Too many PC hand-wringers among our support who get offended if someone even raises their voice. :o

2. Too many Johnny-come-lately glory hunters among our support who don't know what it means to really support a team and have no intestinal fortitude when things start going against us. :o

3. Poor on-field performances. :sad:

maroonlegions
I'd wager Clum still thinks Tynie is intimidating! :P

aye bet he just loves running out at the start and listening to the crowd say "awe feck he is playing then".:107years:

Ron Atkinsons Microphone

1. Too many PC hand-wringers among our support who get offended if someone even raises their voice. :o

2. Too many Johnny-come-lately glory hunters among our support who don't know what it means to really support a team and have no intestinal fortitude when things start going against us. :o

3. Poor on-field performances. :sad:

Exactly what I was getting at.

Ron Atkinsons Microphone
Yes quite right! We don't want to attract any new Hearts fans!:rolleyes:

This lot coming along means we've now got 13,500 ST holders. Get rid of them!

Let's get back to the good old days of 7,000 hardcore fans turning up at Tynie!

:confused::confused::confused:

Was your first season ticket 2005?

Ray Winstone

I remember in the past when Hearts went a goal down the supporters used to raise the roof with encouragement for the players when they set back up for KO.

Now people cant even be bothered - when we conceed they slump back in their seats (I am one of them) and just accept its going to be another crap match! Some people even leave!

As for the "jonny come latelys" it really is the price you pay for success and to be honest I cant see how that effects the atmosphere as the 7000 - 10000 fans who have always gone to games are still there!

we have had Hearts fans on here who have openly admitted to grassing other fans up. They know who they are...

Archived