Under 25's car insurance

The Old Tolbooth

The Old Tolbooth

There was a post on here a few weeks ago about car insurance for the under 25s, and I had this wee gem waiting in my inbox for me getting up this morning, it gives loads of handy hints and tips of what to look for, and the one that caught my eye in particular was the CIS policy which you only pay for how much you drive (no idea if this would be of interest, but for someone only going to work and back then it could be a winner)

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/car-insurance-young-drivers

Good luck, I wouldn't want to be that age and having to insure a car these days :thumbsup:

Do The Dance

There was a post on here a few weeks ago about car insurance for the under 25s, and I had this wee gem waiting in my inbox for me getting up this morning, it gives loads of handy hints and tips of what to look for, and the one that caught my eye in particular was the CIS policy which you only pay for how much you drive (no idea if this would be of interest, but for someone only going to work and back then it could be a winner)

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/car-insurance-young-drivers

Good luck, I wouldn't want to be that age and having to insure a car these days :thumbsup:

Unbelievable amount for a someone to have to pay out. At least it makes me feel better about the fortune I have to pay out, as it's nothing compared to these amounts... Sorry kids.

Vlad-Stupid

Insurance premiums are a total mare these days, I've got two cars (mine and the missus') and i pay ?100 a month. Thats with a multi-car policy, full no clams bonus (9 years) and its definitly the cheapest i could get as i did shop around. it costs me ?400 to insure her shitty 1.4 Clio because the no claims bonus is against my car. It's still cheaper than getting her to insure it herself as she's only not had her licence long. Working out the cost of running two cars for a year including petrol, insurance, road tax, MOT and servicing, i reckon i spend around ?5000 a year on motoringdown.gif

heartsfc_fan

Madness how much insurance has went up for new drivers :blink:

3 years ago when I was 19 (passed when I was 17, but waited 2 years), got my first car a P reg fiesta worth about 700 quid, insured it as me as the first driver and added parents.

?450-500 IIRC fully comp for the year.

joe.gausden

I've never understood why insurance companys take this stand against young drivers. If someone passes their test at 17-18 but goes to uni so doesn't buy their first car until they are 25 does that make them less of a risk? There must be drivers at 25 and over who maybe haven't driven that much so they are surely as likely to be a hazard?

Thank feck i'm not young :lol:

Notorious BIG

passed ma test in august at 17 and got insured on my shitty fiat punto 1.2 for ?3750, a had passed for 3 weeks and was choking to get out in the car so begged ma dad to just get it haha, he paid it all up and i pay him 300 a month :-(

I'm getting quotes around ?2200 for my 1.1 106. Already tried the majority of things in that site as well. :(

And older people complain about petrol prices. :rolleyes:

Archived