No wonder there's safety concerns

rudi must stay

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk//javaImages/dd/a0/0,,10289~3383517,00.jpg

check the bottom of the stand they've got 2 places where there must be about 50 fans there with nowhere to go. I'm hoping this is a mistake in the pic

How about onto the pitch? :P if it?s safety you are concerned about. How they get in and out after normal matches I don?t know though...Perhaps they run out with the teams! You could charge extra for that!

EDIT: Actually looking closer it looks like the Press as they are all standing. No longer behind the goal line then!

rudi must stay
How about onto the pitch? :P if it?s safety you are concerned about. How they get in and out after normal matches I don?t know though...Perhaps they run out with the teams! You could charge extra for that!

don't know about that. It's just annoying cos the rest of the stand looks absolutely superb

Just guessing ... (and I realise they are portrayed as "standing" fans) ... but could that be disabled access areas?

Crikey - remember the wee light blue cars (can't bring myself to use the now non-PC nickname they had ...)?

They had a Villiers motorbike engine in them.

alwaysthereinspirit

There will be plenty of room for them. No one's buying season tickets anyway.:sad:

Nelly Terraces
Just guessing ... (and I realise they are portrayed as "standing" fans) ... but could that be disabled access areas?

Crikey - remember the wee light blue cars (can't bring myself to use the now non-PC nickname they had ...)?

Spackmobiles?:confused:

Those areas look like 'standing' bits to me. I'll have a bit of that! They're the new Section N. Magic!:)

alwaysthereinspirit

Ernie Winchester hit one once. Swear that thing nearly tipped over.

I remember there was an altercation at the front of the away end at the old Parkhead and the wee sky-blue cars all sped off in a way reminiscent of the Red Arrows, a sort of formation escape if you like.

rudi must stay
There are no safety concerns......because IMO this will never be built!

oo controversial

Those areas look like 'standing' bits to me. I'll have a bit of that! They're the new Section N. Magic!:)

Replace the "ck" with another consonant which is already in the word and you're getting there.

oo controversial

To some may be - I really do believe this stand will never be built.

I hope I am proven to be wrong!

rudi must stay
To some may be - I really do believe this stand will never be built.

I hope I am proven to be wrong!

we seem to be quite far down the line with it

Flidmobiles in my part of town.

Had forgotten all about them until this thread came up.

Here's a couple of Celtic supporters enjoying the benefits ........

1591821430_6fed9e714a.jpg

I can clear up the 'standing' space at the front of the stand.

It's for the old section N'ers. They can now feel free to attack away supporters from pitchside.

Very accommodating Hearts. :P

Flidmobiles in my part of town.

Had forgotten all about them until this thread came up. Anyone got a picture of them?

Just for you MJ...

pic1110c.jpg

It's for the old section N'ers. They can now feel free to attack away supporters from pitchside.

Oh what i would give if that was true ! How many people would renew, if they got a standing section at pitch level ! TBH, a standing section will only be good, if it was high up.

Just for you MJ...

pic1110c.jpg

Quality. Late model flidmobile that one. 1976 was P reg IIRC.

Pass the Kia Ora and the wagon wheels - served up by this young fellow.

fw102164.jpg

Just for you MJ...

pic1110c.jpg

Guy I knew told a story (must've been around 1976, right enough ...) of driving home peshed one night, rode a red light, hit one of them near the back, drove on without stopping and looked in his mirror to see it going round and round in circles ...

Good jambo, too. Still in the old stand. You know who you are.

:):)

Nelly Terraces

This thread has turned into the best laugh in years! Cheers lads, havin a right old chuckle at your work!

Just for you MJ...

pic1110c.jpg

I think they were plastic, or fibreglass or something? Bless 'em and all who (took their lives in their hands and) drove in them.

Great memories of gritty, foggy winter's day games, being shown on Scotsport on the Sunday afternoon ... not quite jumpers for goalposts, but you see where I'm heading.

alwaysthereinspirit
Just for you MJ...

pic1110c.jpg

Some of them had "JOY" sticks instead of steering wheels.

Seems a little politically incorrect considering the reason most people were in them in the first place.

Not a lot of joy going on in the back of that little love wagon.

Maroon Mayhem

I remember when I was about 15, we had a right nasty old git who lived in the area I grew up, he had one of these things but he had absolutely nothing in the way of a disability that would make him qualify. He used to moan at anything and never had a good word to say for anyone.

The gardens at the front of the houses had these waist high black fences with the wire mesh in the middle. One day he tore an absolute strip out of a wee lad who had the audacity to go collect his ball from his garden so that night some of us younger lads helped a few older guys lift the fecker over his fence and put it in his garden.

We rang his doorbell and retreated a wee distance, he came out his house and stood with his mouth open for all of a minute before going round the front and trying to lift the thing. Why he tried that, I've absolutely no idea but to this day it remains the funniest thing I've ever seen although it does still give me wee pangs of guilt now and again.

Ernie ..:) ... ye mean he missed the goals ?

Brilliant.

So he had the cheek to try to lift a car (albeit a sh'tey, plastic one with a motorbike engine) when he was on the disability soash?

Maroon Mayhem

He did that, although he upgraded to a Mobility car when they came out quicker than you could say Ford Fiesta!

He worked in a pub cash in hand and could be seen moving kegs before getting in his wee blue golf buggy and driving home pashed.

He's what was affectionately known in these parts as a conning bassa!

alwaysthereinspirit
Ernie ..:) ... ye mean he missed the goals ?

He may just have been making another brilliant defensive play and was trying to clear his lines. Or as was his want, trying to clear the "SHED"

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I remember when I was about 15, we had a right nasty old git who lived in the area I grew up, he had one of these things but he had absolutely nothing in the way of a disability that would make him qualify. He used to moan at anything and never had a good word to say for anyone.

The gardens at the front of the houses had these waist high black fences with the wire mesh in the middle. One day he tore an absolute strip out of a wee lad who had the audacity to go collect his ball from his garden so that night some of us younger lads helped a few older guys lift the fecker over his fence and put it in his garden.

We rang his doorbell and retreated a wee distance, he came out his house and stood with his mouth open for all of a minute before going round the front and trying to lift the thing. Why he tried that, I've absolutely no idea but to this day it remains the funniest thing I've ever seen although it does still give me wee pangs of guilt now and again.

Hahaha

Archived