what if?

michaeljambo22

michaeljambo22

could it have been the best goal ever scored at tynecastle

good save by the keeper though

no, would not even have being rudi's best imo ! You remember Michael Pospisil goal against aberdeen ! think it was his first touch as well, that was class !

I am sure it can be classed as an overhead kick...but i think the correct term would be overhead side volley! :whistling:

Shame it didnt go in! :angry:

Walter Bishop

no, would not even have being rudi's best imo ! You remember Michael Pospisil goal against aberdeen ! think it was his first touch as well, that was class !

gashauskis9

Memories!

Mikey P was always on the verge of something special but just got it bad with the injuries. Can anyone else remember a game later that season where Mikey P took the ball on the half volley near the corner flag and it rattled the post and came back out again? Now that would have been the greatest goal at Tynie :-)

That was the cup game when Mickey P scored wasn't it?

Was in Section N that day for a wee change....haven't been back since......bloody hooligans!:whistling:

Tommy Wiseau

Rudi's overhead kick would have been better than both the Pospisil and Jonsson goals above.

Johanes de Silentio

Rudi's overhead kick would have been better than both the Pospisil and Jonsson goals above.

Yes it would! :thumbsup:

Didn't go in, though! :(

Tommy Wiseau

Yes it would! :thumbsup:

Didn't go in, though! :(

Good job he scored that raker against Falkirk that was also better than both then, eh? :thumbsup:

Johanes de Silentio

Good job he scored that raker against Falkirk that was also better than both then, eh? :thumbsup:

Don't s'pose you have a link to that do ya? :thumbsup:

maroonshrew

Mikeys attempt from the corner flag was against Livi and is on a compilation of his on youtube. I think Skacels would have been better purely coshe was involved in the move a few touches earlier and it all happened with such power. Temps' would have been great if it had gone directly in earlier in the season.

Tommy Wiseau

I mind getting absolutely pished that night and going to Cab Vol. Got in a conversation with some boy who looked like a young Avram Grant - said he was a Kickback poster... true story.

(Yes it was him)

shaun.lawson

I mind getting absolutely pished that night and going to Cab Vol. Got in a conversation with some boy who looked like a young Avram Grant - said he was a Kickback poster... true story.

(Yes it was him)

:lol:

Was he as much of a ****** in real life, then?

what about skacel'against hamilton earlier this season, probably not the best but defo one of his best

Tommy Wiseau

:lol:

Was he as much of a ****** in real life, then?

I was so drunk I could hardly string a sentence together, and I still had enough about me to end the conversation as soon as humanly possible. His pals were bigging him up big style, calling him "the best wind up merchant on Kickback".

:vrface: :vrface: :vrface: :vrface: :vrface:

shaun.lawson

I was so drunk I could hardly string a sentence together, and I still had enough about me to end the conversation as soon as humanly possible. His pals were bigging him up big style, calling him "the best wind up merchant on Kickback".

:vrface: :vrface: :vrface: :vrface: :vrface:

He had pals? Plural? Really?

:omg!:

dodethejambo

Iain Fergusons free kick v Bayern for me.

Ferguson never took the free kick, Tosh McKinlay did

<_<

Gary Mackays goal against Clydebank in 86' was always one of my favorites, a great move and finish which started down at the corner of the shed.

Tommy Wiseau

He had pals? Plural? Really?

:omg!:

Pals who talked about JKB in real life and referred to him by his user names. With friends like that Lawson...

The only conversations I have with anyone about JKB usually consist of me saying "No mate, I'm suspended again" and that's about it. :lol:

All in the past though for this gunslinger. I'm Clint in Unforgiven, me. Before the whole business with Gene Hackman and the prossies. :thumbsup:

Chesney had a good game there. Always liked him, he just never got the stroke of luck he needed. Not that we dont have enough wingers now but I did like him.

He was a cracking player, I liked him as well. Never got enough of a run for me, but kind of wasted his chances a lot of the time. Always thought he'd be better for us than Miko, but he never quite got there.

Ricardo fuller skinning half the Motherwell team then rounding the keeper was one of the best I've seen in 20 years attending games at tynie! The lad for bordauxs goal was one of the beat opposition goals without a doubt.

Destruction Derby

Did Pospisil not score an acrobatic effort early on in the 05/06 season shooting into the Gorgie Road end. Tried looking for it but can't find it.

Tommy Wiseau

Did Pospisil not score an acrobatic effort early on in the 05/06 season shooting into the Gorgie Road end. Tried looking for it but can't find it.

You can't have looked very hard, it's further up the page! :lol:

Destruction Derby

You can't have looked very hard, it's further up the page! :lol:

not the 1 i'm thinking off, aint acrobatic and aint in the Gorgie end :whistling:

Destruction Derby

EDIT : Looks like it could possibly have been 20th August 2005. Still can't find the video though to see if i'm talking shit or not

Johanes de Silentio

Best goal I've ever witnessed at Tynecastle. Albert Riera.

Always regret going to that game - was the day of my dad's funeral - horrible.

If I could live one day different, that would be up there - I'd have stayed home - that amazing goal was like a dagger in my heart. Jeez.

Tommy Wiseau

not the 1 i'm thinking off, aint acrobatic and aint in the Gorgie end :whistling:

You're thinking of the same goal as I am, but I thought that was the video of it above. Also against Aberdeen, and also a right foot hooked effort on the volley. Cracker anyway, I mind thinking at the time that he might be the pick of the strikers we'd signed. Shame it wasn't true, right enough. :(

Destruction Derby

You're thinking of the same goal as I am, but I thought that was the video of it above. Also against Aberdeen, and also a right foot hooked effort on the volley. Cracker anyway, I mind thinking at the time that he might be the pick of the strikers we'd signed. Shame it wasn't true, right enough. :(

20th August 2005. 2-0 Win. Skacel and then the Pospisil screamer with 5 mins to go. Just can't find a video of the goal :down:

I would say no but would have been a cracker all the same, build up play was excellent.

Harry Palmer

Suppose it depends on what one classes as a 'best goal.'

Stephane Adam completing his hat-trick against Killie was a pretty good goal.

Dave powering in a header to make it 2-0 against Attila in the cup.....Hamster chops was in charge.

Mark De Vries making it 1-0 against the Rats was a good goal.

Weir making it 4-4 against the Rats was a good goal.

Jankauskas was a good a goal...

Hell, I could ramble on about possible 'best' goals....

Some criteria would help to narrow it down. :thumbsup:

Radioactive Mince

Probably not the best ever goal at Tynie, but I enjoyed seeing it again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlTZ_hebS9w

How good was this prick during that loan spell? Remember we were all going daft that we didn't sign him in the 2005 close season. If only we knew then what we'd soon be getting... :lol:

albert reiras goal takes some beating in my opinion!

lee miller, another young scottish player who had his head turned by a greedy agent and whos career subsequently floundered - when will they learn?

maroonshrew

Ricardo fuller skinning half the Motherwell team then rounding the keeper was one of the best I've seen in 20 years attending games at tynie! The lad for bordauxs goal was one of the beat opposition goals without a doubt.

Was that not scored away from home?

Jankauskas v Motherwell (I think).

He just strode onto a pass and unleashed an exocet of a shot from about 20 yards that oozed class.

Drylaw Hearts

That wasn't MP's first goal v Aberdeen. That goal was in the cup tie in February.

His first goal was at the Gorgie Road end.

hearts_crazy

Iain Fergusons free kick v Bayern for me.

I remember it well, I was directly in line with that shot, what a gooooaaaaallllllll!!!!!! (The crowd went wild)

Loads to choose from but i'll throw in Robbos 2nd vs Rangers the day he became our all time record goal scorer,simply because it meant so much.

Plenty to choose from but a Gary Naysmith rocket during a midweek game against Aberdeen sticks in my head as being, at least one of, the best I've seen.

Goldstone Wonder

Juanjo's against Killie in a Sunday night Sky game at about the turn of the century. It was in injury time and was to win the game but they promptly went up the park and equlised with the last kick of the ball. Took the shine off it a bit.

Archived