Well Done HMFC

Victor Meldrew

Victor Meldrew

My little boy is 6 years old and mad keen on football. Living down here in Wiltshire, it's been hard to keep his attention away from the English teams and get him to support the Famous instead.

He was one of the mascots yesterday - and I have to say that the club looked after us brilliantly. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble.

Lockie stopped for photos. Scott Wilson came over to speak to them. Rudi gave them all 'high fives' in the line up.

Result: Hugh (my son) now totally 'gets it' and is now a firm Jambo (third generation). I am not sure how I am going to prise his shirt off him...

Anyway, just wanted to say that the Club have been great. they get a lot of stick on here for things (and some of it is undoubtedly deserved) but when they get it right, I think we should say so.

Oh, and I should explain, the club that we would probably have to support down here as our local club is Yeovil. They play in green and white. There is no way that I am going to encourage my children to support a team like that. Petty? I don't care.

well done to shuggy. you should also be congratulated for keeping him on the straight and narrow.

Vic, delighted to hear that you've got the lad on the 'straight and narrow!'

But did you tell him in a few years time, he'll be the only kid in his class with gray hair ? :)

Dalstonjambo

Vic, delighted to hear that you've got the lad on the 'straight and narrow!'

But did you tell him in a few years time, he'll be the only kid in his class with gray hair ? :)

Ha ha - but it will make it all the sweeter when he's the only kid in his class with the maroon and white scarf on the monday morning after a cup win. Just like a young essex jambo was on Monday 18th May 1998!

Ha ha - but it will make it all the sweeter when he's the only kid in his class with the maroon and white scarf on the monday morning after a cup win. Just like a young essex jambo was on Monday 18th May 1998!

I Was living in Essex to at the time, My son is a diehard jambo, Despite being born in Essex, He also follows West Ham, Which i dont mind. Live up north now, So i am getting closer to home.

alwaysthereinspirit

My little boy is 6 years old and mad keen on football. Living down here in Wiltshire, it's been hard to keep his attention away from the English teams and get him to support the Famous instead.

He was one of the mascots yesterday - and I have to say that the club looked after us brilliantly. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble.

Lockie stopped for photos. Scott Wilson came over to speak to them. Rudi gave them all 'high fives' in the line up.

Result: Hugh (my son) now totally 'gets it' and is now a firm Jambo (third generation). I am not sure how I am going to prise his shirt off him...

Anyway, just wanted to say that the Club have been great. they get a lot of stick on here for things (and some of it is undoubtedly deserved) but when they get it right, I think we should say so.

Oh, and I should explain, the club that we would probably have to support down here as our local club is Yeovil. They play in green and white. There is no way that I am going to encourage my children to support a team like that. Petty? I don't care.

Nice positive post regarding the famous after a few tough weeks of tripe on here.

I have two kids whom I also brainwashed into having no choice of their own. Sometimes you have to do what's right for them.

We saw Rudi giving the high fives. I bet that the kids were totally chuffed about that.

Add those little things to his brilliance on the pitch and it is clear he has been a fabulous signing once again.

Archived