Worst Jambo shirts in recent times

mayfield

Have to say, this seasons strip has grown on me. It isn't a contender for me...but last seasons home strip was a howler. It really was shite, looked like it didn't fit any player that put it on, and the white trim on it just didn't work.

This seasons away strip though I do think is crap too. Maybe I'm off shirts with collars these days.

However, my recent favourite, is our 2006 cup shirt. I really like Hummel strips, and I have home and away versions the few years we had them.

This year's is the worst in my opinion.

Best EVER was the 1996 Coca Cola Cup Final strip (4-3 game).

That was the day the BBC radio on the way home starting talking up Cameron, McCann and Weir as future internationalists. And they were right.

J Cheever Loophole

Have to say, this seasons strip has grown on me. It isn't a contender for me...but last seasons home strip was a howler. It really was shite, looked like it didn't fit any player that put it on, and the white trim on it just didn't work.

This seasons away strip though I do think is crap too. Maybe I'm off shirts with collars these days.

However, my recent favourite, is our 2006 cup shirt. I really like Hummel strips, and I have home and away versions the few years we had them.

Iv'e grown out of the home strip(literally)dietsville beckons!thumbsup.gif

Buffalo Bill

Going back a wee bit, the worst strip for me was season 90/91, more red than maroon with a poor collar, cheap piping and typical naff, 90s rag-n-roll shading.

79650321.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215AB089EE596C6588A3507A8A76D209F321B408702C9CB8044675ACC691D290BB

All of the Olympic Sportswear strips apart from 97/98 were howling. Special mention goes to the Pony effort of 95 to 97 which was basically pink and purple stripes. The yellow and black Pony shirt of that era wasn't the best either.

Last years home and away were really poor

I liked this strip though heart-of-midlothian-away-football-shirt-2003-2004-s_8820_1.jpg And the this other away strip from the following year heart-of-midlothian-away-football-shirt-2004-2005-s_4888_1.jpg

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The reebok ones were just a relief that we had a recognised sportswear brand making our shirts again for me.

The one with the white shoulder straps looked pish though.

I wasn't a big fan of the first Reebok one we had (worn in the 5-1 game etc)

Design wise it looked smart but it was ill fitting to wear as the collar felt too tight while the rest of it felt really loose

I've liked most of the Umbro ones to be honest (I'm having a love/hate feeling in regards to last seasons home top some days I like it others I don't)

Last years home and away were really poor

I liked this strip though heart-of-midlothian-away-football-shirt-2003-2004-s_8820_1.jpg And the this other away strip from the following year heart-of-midlothian-away-football-shirt-2004-2005-s_4888_1.jpg

any idea where I can get a hold of the away top?? been looking for a couple of years for it but cant find it anywhere, smart as you feck

Jambo Hoggie

I liked last seasons home shirt. Collars on football strips are a must IMO

I'm the same. Always like strips with collars.

Howler!

football_shirt_12102_1_500x400x0.jpg

ive still got that shirt .every time im feeling a bit down i get it out the cupboard always makes me laugh

any idea where I can get a hold of the away top?? been looking for a couple of years for it but cant find it anywhere, smart as you feck

http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/other-uk-clubs/scottish-clubs/hearts.html?p=2

Theres a couple at the above address actually.

Great website this, and a trip down memory lane for the howler shirts.

The yellow one above is absolutely criminal...mixed with the maroon, it's just laughable.

I'd say that over the last 8 to 10 years, the replica shirt business has just gotten huge. So when a club is planning their strip, they need to consider these days what sort of shirt the fans would happily buy and wear. I think the fact that our last few shirts have been along the v-neck lines mostly, plus in slim-fit form, says it all.

cracking site! cheers! You ever bought anything off it?

Really want this, looks amaziong but ?200!

image_8190.jpg

Yep, got a 2007 away strip for 20 quid and is immaculate. From order, it arrived in Oz within a week which ain't bad.

You could spend hours on the bloody page, some fantastic scrounging to gather the collection and the networking involved to source all the shirts.

cracking site! cheers! You ever bought anything off it?

Really want this, looks amaziong but ?200!

image_8190.jpg

Sorry pal forgot to mention that Japanese corker of a shirt you mentioned.

Other classics on there for the 100 quid mark are the 1978 West Germany...great shirt.

Sorry pal forgot to mention that Japanese corker of a shirt you mentioned.

Other classics on there for the 100 quid mark are the 1978 West Germany...great shirt.

Even better its actually Taiwan when they started playing as 'Chinese Taipei' its a cracker

Archived