Andy Driver

vegas-voss

Thought he was great yesterday,surging runs at the St Mirren players,tracking back tackling St Mirren players never giving them time on the ball and a real urgency about him and a real will to win to win the game.Still early days in his recovery so not expecting wonders every week but you can see the hunger in him.

Thought he was great yesterday,surging runs at the St Mirren players,tracking back tackling St Mirren players never giving them time on the ball and a real urgency about him and a real will to win to win the game.Still early days in his recovery so not expecting wonders every week but you can see the hunger in him.

he made a big difference.

Looked leaner, quicker and sharper. Looking forward to when he gets back to his best, a great asset for us.

Really hope for him that his injury is history. One more season please Driver. :D

Once he's back to his best he'll get a move to a top championship/ lower Premiership team. Good luck to him!

Deans Jambo

Looked leaner, quicker and sharper. Looking forward to when he gets back to his best, a great asset for us.

Some good form just in time for the Hibs game. Get him rested and preped for that game and lets hope he and Temps are on fire!!

Marty McFly

A class act in the SPL when he is fully fit, we have seen that in the past, against st mirren he made great impact on the team display

Diadora Van Basten

It is really hard coming back from a long term injury and trying to nurse yourself through games and I am really please for andy as he put in a fine performance yesterday.

He certainly looked much better yesterday. However, we seemed to go through a spell in the second half where no one would pass to him for about 15 minutes!

It was good to see him make good incisive runs inside, beating 2 or 3 players at times.

When we had both him and Temps on, St. Mirren had real problems as they couldn't double up on temps so both Driver and Temps found much more room to drive forward. When Temps went off we struggled again for a short while as they could double up on Driver (and we weren't passing Driver in!).

I think he looked good especially in that early spell in 2nd half. I wonder if it made a difference that he was playing on the left? For me Temps looked better on the right too

jamboinglasgow

Was really impressed with him yesterday, one thing that surprised me is his ability with the ball at his feet. I always knew he had pace which he could beat a man down the wing but I dont remember him being such a tricky wee player able to play with the ball like Temps. Think it is too soon for him to be sold in the Summer so I think he will be here for the first half of next season.

heartsfc_fan

Looked decent when he came on. Much better on the left than the right aswell.

delighted with driver yesterday.

showed some terrific skill and was very direct.

mrs driver needs to be refused service at the pie counter at tescos though.

delighted with driver yesterday.

showed some terrific skill and was very direct.

mrs driver needs to be refused service at the pie counter at tescos though.

Aye he looks a bit chunky to say the least.

Definitely a lot sharper though yesterday.

Would love to see Driver, Templeton and Robinson all start at Fester.

The energy the bring to the team makes such a difference compared to the lethargy the likes of Obua and others bring.

Jambof3tornado

Agree with most of that but in no way is that a leaner Andy. Looks like he has been on steroids! Or just doing lots of upper body work while his leg was gubbed most likely!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

We wont see the best of him until next season but he was great yesterday. Direct, pacey and skillfull.

Aye he looks a bit chunky to say the least.

Definitely a lot sharper though yesterday.

Would love to see Driver, Templeton and Robinson all start at Fester.

The energy the bring to the team makes such a difference compared to the lethargy the likes of Obua and others bring.

yes indeedy.

they do need to be comforted and told to trust themselves to play football though. there's too much of taking the easy way out at times.

just trust yourselves lads.

Ray Winstone

If I am honest we should keep him reduced to the occasional start and mostly playing off the bench for the rest of the season.

Get him back up to speed over the summer and have a fully fit Driver ready for next year, as well as Kevin Kyle.

Archived