Scottish Junior Cup

J Cheever Loophole

J Cheever Loophole

Did anyone catch the draw for the semis on real radio tonight?This could be the BUs year.If the 2 teams from the east are drawn against one another could, the game be played at Tynie.sweat.gif

BU's will never win it. More likely to get played at Livi, just like when the mighty maroon Linlithgow Rose despatched Bo'ness the last time they got to the semis.

1923 since athletic last won it? A healthy 2-0 win at Olivebank yesterday over Kilbirnie

c'mon the burgh, be good to get a game at Tynie

John Gentleman

Has the semi-finals draw been made? Nothing on the SJFA site.

As much as I'd like to see either Bo'ness or Musselburgh winning it, I think the red-hot favourites would have to be Auchinleck Talbot. Like it or not, they have one hell of a pedigree in this competition.

As an aside, there's a poll on the SJFA site asking punters if this year's final (125th anniversary) should be hosted at Hampden. Imagine 10000 or so hardy supporters making a noise in that void!

I was at the Linlithgow Rose v Baillieston final at Hampden in 1965. The crowd was 35000+. Changed days indeed.

White Spider

The semis will be played home and away,away goals counting double in the event of a tie

C'mon the B U'S

maltese jambo

Was at the Musselburgh game today, great crowd there, very vocal away support. Kilbirnie had a lot of possession but poor in final third. Burgh took their chances and two sublime goals by Chris and Mattie King sealed the deal. Fantastic for Burgh just to be in semi's but a final at tynecastle would be awesome

scots civil war

sounds great this,think il get to musselburgh`s game

unfortunately the poll on the sjfa`s site is 70% to 30% in favour of hampden right now

get voting

jack D and coke

1923 since athletic last won it? A healthy 2-0 win at Olivebank yesterday over Kilbirnie

c'mon the burgh, be good to get a game at Tynie

Was at the Musselburgh game today, great crowd there, very vocal away support. Kilbirnie had a lot of possession but poor in final third. Burgh took their chances and two sublime goals by Chris and Mattie King sealed the deal. Fantastic for Burgh just to be in semi's but a final at tynecastle would be awesome

I was at Olivebank too it was a really good game and the biggest crowd ive seen in there for years and years. Musselburgh have really toiled in the league this season but some important players like Kris King and Paul Tanzie have returned and they're starting to get results again.

Kris King i think was at Everton as a boy and if he could lose a stone or two would be a tremendous player. Great touch, intelligent and what a free kick for the first goal. Mattie King's was a beauty as well and they should've had at least 3 more. How the boy blazed over from about 6 yards near the end with an empty goal i'll never know. He must've got pelters for that :lol:

Definitely be at the semi though. Moan the Burgh :thumbsup:

Well done Musselburgh. I went to see them quite often when I stayed there, never was much a crowd.

Who won this game, I'm confused by the report....

Scottish Junior Cup: Irvine 1 Auchinleck 1

Mar 20 2011 Sunday Mail

CHRIS STRAIN slated the penalty decisions given against Irvine Meadow as they crashed out.

He said: "We feel really hard done by especially with the first penalty. On the second decision even their players say it was a Talbot armthat hit the ball."

Bryan Slavin gave Talbot the lead after Brian McGinty fouled James Latta in the box.

Emilio Jaconelli levelled but with four minutes left McDonald was sent off for punching the ball off the line. Slavin scored his second penalty before Mick McCann sealed their semifinal spot.

J Cheever Loophole

I was at Olivebank too it was a really good game and the biggest crowd ive seen in there for years and years. Musselburgh have really toiled in the league this season but some important players like Kris King and Paul Tanzie have returned and they're starting to get results again.

Kris King i think was at Everton as a boy and if he could lose a stone or two would be a tremendous player. Great touch, intelligent and what a free kick for the first goal. Mattie King's was a beauty as well and they should've had at least 3 more. How the boy blazed over from about 6 yards near the end with an empty goal i'll never know. He must've got pelters for that :lol:

Definitely be at the semi though. Moan the Burgh :thumbsup:

My mates laddie played with Musselburgh for a while his name was Scott Severin.Good Alva man who almost returned to Tynie last year.thumbsup.gif

Well done Musselburgh. I went to see them quite often when I stayed there, never was much a crowd.

Who won this game, I'm confused by the report....

Scottish Junior Cup: Irvine 1 Auchinleck 1

Mar 20 2011 Sunday Mail

CHRIS STRAIN slated the penalty decisions given against Irvine Meadow as they crashed out.

He said: "We feel really hard done by especially with the first penalty. On the second decision even their players say it was a Talbot armthat hit the ball."

Bryan Slavin gave Talbot the lead after Brian McGinty fouled James Latta in the box.

Emilio Jaconelli levelled but with four minutes left McDonald was sent off for punching the ball off the line. Slavin scored his second penalty before Mick McCann sealed their semifinal spot.

irvine meadow 1 auchinleck 3

Archived