Tempelton

IMA MAROON

When is Kyle back so we can see Temp's playing well again.

He always has two men marking him so he has not got a chance.

I think if we start plating him,Driver and Robinson teams won't be able to have two players marking him.

I think if we start plating him,Driver and Robinson teams won't be able to have two players marking him.

Quite like the thought of those 3 all playing at once and when all on top form. :thumbsup:

To be honest, if he aspires to be top class he needs to learn to cope with this. He needs to lift his head up and develop a bit more awareness of where the space is. If he mixed his game up a bit he would be more effective. He took the league by storm initially as no one knew much about him. Decent managers and coaches do their homework and can analyse the tendencies of potential opponents.I believe Templeton has the ability to learn but football at this level involves a fair degree of pragmatism. I am sure we can all remember one season wonders who never replicated their initial success. An attitude of "It's not fair they put two men on me" is a sure fire road to mediocrity and one I hope Temps works hard to avoid.

Yes, he needs to learn but given the team we started with, it was always going to be easy to mark him. The minute Driver and Robinson came on, that changed. Similar when Kyle is playing.

Yes, he needs to learn but given the team we started with, it was always going to be easy to mark him. The minute Driver and Robinson came on, that changed. Similar when Kyle is playing.

I've said on another thread that this seems to be the case.

When we had Temps and Driver on either side, St. Mirren couldn't commit two men to mark both and Driver and Temps began creating chances. When Temps went off we started to fall back a bit for a 15 minute spell or so where we weren't passing out to Driver to play him in.

Dont think its right to criticise temps. Overall he has done very well this season. He's got into a bad habit though. He seems to want to take a touch and check inside everytime he gets the ball recently. When infact his strength is keeping the ball moving and going at defenders.

It's pretty simple really. If you're the opposition manager you know with 100% certaintty that our tactic is going to be to play with two sitting midfielders with zero threat through the middle. We're going to then play the tallest player we can find to play as a target man. If that front man can do 'ANYTHING' at all its a bonus, as his main reason for being there is to help our defence out at corner kicks. This leaves our attacking threat coming from the wings, you look at the two players involved on any given day and decide to double up on your major threat of getting to the bye line and you've pretty much stopped us.

Only a Game

It's pretty simple really. If you're the opposition manager you know with 100% certaintty that our tactic is going to be to play with two sitting midfielders with zero threat through the middle. We're going to then play the tallest player we can find to play as a target man. If that front man can do 'ANYTHING' at all its a bonus, as his main reason for being there is to help our defence out at corner kicks. This leaves our attacking threat coming from the wings, you look at the two players involved on any given day and decide to double up on your major threat of getting to the bye line and you've pretty much stopped us.

This in a nutshell. It worked for the most part whilst we had Kyle.Its not working now and hasnt done for weeks. Whats more the manager has seen it not working for weeks. Everyone else apart from the manager it seems saw that it wasnt working and until the 2nd half of yesterdays game, the manager, inexplicably, didnt change it.

I hope and trust that the lesson has finally been learned.

We knocked his confidence by dropping him when he went a week or two without scoring. We are reaping that which we have sown.

Only a Game

When is Kyle back

Doubt very much that it will be this season, and because we've made such a mess of it and left it far too long, I doubt if we'll have him for European qualification now.

Francis Albert

A more relevant question for me is when as a team are we going to start taking advantage of the fact that he (or Driver or whoever is our main threat) has two men marking him?

Fat Striker

We knocked his confidence by dropping him when he went a week or two without scoring. We are reaping that which we have sown.

It's a tricky one though isn't it? You could also argue that giving him a wee rest and taking the pressure of him was the sensible thing to do.

Personally I think he's been playing like someone who is weighed down by the (deserved) hype that surrounded him for the first half of the season.

Nothing is really coming off for him just now and he needs to learn how deal with teams 'doubling up' on him. I feel one brilliant 'mazy' or a spectacular goal and his confidence levels will go up again.

It's a tricky one though isn't it? You could also argue that giving him a wee rest and taking the pressure of him was the sensible thing to do.

Personally I think he's been playing like someone who is weighed down by the (deserved) hype that surrounded him for the first half of the season.

Nothing is really coming off for him just now and he needs to learn how deal with teams 'doubling up' on him. I feel one brilliant 'mazy' or a spectacular goal and his confidence levels will go up again.

Of course it is a tricky one, I just felt at the time that dropping him was a mistake. He hasn't been the same player since being dropped and I agree we will need to wait for the above mentioned mazy or spectacular goal before he starts firing on all cylinders again.

Of course it is a tricky one, I just felt at the time that dropping him was a mistake. He hasn't been the same player since being dropped and I agree we will need to wait for the above mentioned mazy or spectacular goal before he starts firing on all cylinders again.

Two weeks time at the Methadome mate :thumb:

Snake Plissken

Thought he showed flashes of his earlier form yesterday, I don't think it would have been reasonable to have expected him to have maintained THAT form for the course of a season but I hope it won't be long before he's at the top of his game again.

Archived