Henry Smith Penalty Save at Easter Road

Silvery_Moon

Silvery_Moon

1992/1993 was probably the lowest scoring season in Edinburgh derbies since the move to 4 games a season (please correct me if I'm wrong).

The four matches between the two sides yielded only 2 goals - both for us in two 1-0 wins at Tynecastle (one I've already uploaded - the other one to follow). The two 0-0 draws at Easter Road saw Henry Smith (1st match) then Nicky Walker (at New Year) produce outstanding performances to earn us draws.

This video (uploaded by a Hibs Youtube user) is worth a look - even if only to see Henry's save.

Johanes de Silentio

Thanks for posting! :)

What a player Henry was for us! :thumbsup:

Couple of questions:

How did TWO teams feel it necessary to pay over ?200,000 for Brian Hamilton? :blink:

More importantly...

WTF is going on with Darren Jackson's hair? :lol:

In my time following Hearts we have had some amazing keepers....Rousete, Neime, Gordon and now Kello. If I think of a Hearts keeper Henry Smith is the first image that pops in my head.

Legend !

The penalty taker actually wrote in the match programme that day where he likes to put it.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

:facepalm: :facepalm:

:facepalm:

Drylaw Hearts

Thanks for posting! :)

What a player Henry was for us! :thumbsup:

Couple of questions:

How did TWO teams feel it necessary to pay over ?200,000 for Brian Hamilton? :blink:

More importantly...

WTF is going on with Darren Jackson's hair? :lol:

Hibs buying Brian Hamilton was kinda understandable as Alex Miller was his manager at St Mirren but for Tommy feckin McLean to then go out and spend that sort of money on him was just ridiculous.

The penalty taker actually wrote in the match programme that day where he likes to put it.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

:facepalm: :facepalm:

I'm fairly sure there was even a diagram of his previous penalty!

:facepalm:

henry was a laugh

i remember him pretending to blow his brains oot with his fingers after a mistake

he loved the fans and fans loved him

henry henry henry henry

Henry's leisure wear was as artistic as his keeping top. A keeper who could hit extreme highs and lows on the pitch.

winston churchill

In my time following Hearts we have had some amazing keepers....Rousete, Neime, Gordon and now Kello. If I think of a Hearts keeper Henry Smith is the first image that pops in my head.

Legend !

not in the same class as niemi or gordon but better than the kello.

he may have been up there if is bottom never went in the big games.

who can ever forget going to the games back then and every away fans would crank up the ...............henry,henry drop the ball :angry:

The White Cockade

All Hibs in that game but awesome performance by Henry

We've had some great goalkeepers over the years more than enough to help us forget

about Craig Nelson, Brian Wilson and Ray Dunlop......

Imo Niemi was one of the best and what a steal he was too (?250,000 or ?350,00 we paid). Henry was good but did cost us the Cup semi final against celtic in 1988 by making the same mistake TWICE. Gordon was awesome and Kello is up there too in my book. So despite crap such as Nelson etc we have had good Keepers. Big Gilles was another one although I'd say Henry was better than the Frenchman.

But when it comes to goal keeping greats then Cruiky was the man :thumbsup:

Archived