Viurs or Trojan help required

Carl Fredrickson

Carl Fredrickson

I opened an email today that I thought was from a trusted source but it wasnt.... and I now have major issues with my laptop.

Windows will not load as something called "CLEAN THIS - World's Leading Security Solution" is preventing it from doing so.

It is prompting me to do a safe start up and scan BUT I have checked online but cant find anything for it but it does sound very similar to THINKPOINT which sounds nasty.

I have tried F8 and rebooting my PC in safe mode, safe mode with networking & last known good configuration but no luck, CLEANSAFE keeps coming up and stopping windows starting.

I have also tried F8 and repair my computer but this also has failed.

Ive just tried restoring it to an earlier point and it looks as if it may be ok. I am currently running spyware & anti virus scans on the laptop. I have also went into Task Manager to check to see if it is showing there but I cant see it.

Has anyone got any experience or knowledge of this virus (or trojan).

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Google it, usually something like download malwarebytes, boot in safe mode, run MB and boab's yer ma's brother

Was it from G?? I got 2 and deleted both e-mails

Carl Fredrickson

Google it, usually something like download malwarebytes, boot in safe mode, run MB and boab's yer ma's brother

Was it from G?? I got 2 and deleted both e-mails

Cheers - the email appeared to be from a reputable parcel delivery company. Im waiting on a delivery and was out all day so assumed it was ok to pen. Buggers

Cheers - the email appeared to be from a reputable parcel delivery company

So it wasn't from royal mail then

Phew. You were surprisingle lucky to get away with a restore Bagger old chap. Thats normally one of the first areas these viruses corrupt or block to prevent such easy removal of them :thumbsup:

Carl Fredrickson

Phew. You were surprisingle lucky to get away with a restore Bagger old chap. Thats normally one of the first areas these viruses corrupt or block to prevent such easy removal of them :thumbsup:

I am hoping it has cleared it - I have managed to contact a friend who works in IT and he says he has a programme that can remove it so I will pass my laptop onto him to double check.

It was scary as I aint that knowledgeable on IT but Google and KB have hopefully come up trumps.

Top of this forum, in a STICKY there is a computer help thread. Read the first post there.

JamboInSouthsea

Top of this forum, in a STICKY there is a computer help thread. Read the first post there.

Although have posted on that thread have never had a look from the start.

All I can say is that I'm glad I ditched MS Windows a year ago...tis a nightmare :lol:

Archived