The biggest derby in a zillion years

Nucky Thompson

Nucky Thompson

I've always used this as the pivotal put down of any Hobo who even attempts to try and slag us even when we were ridiculed in the press in the past. It is so great the hurt they were feeling that day :lol: No matter what they do, they will never beat that day IMO.

FTH :lol:

Johanes de Silentio

I've always used this as the pivotal put down of any Hobo who even attempts to try and slag us even when we were ridiculed in the press in the past. It is so great the hurt they were feeling that day :lol: No matter what they do, they will never beat that day IMO.

FTH :lol:

Genuinely think it was one of the biggest games for both teams - if they won the semi, ( :lol: ) they would have been red-hot favourites to win The Cup for the first time since 1902.

I'll be honest - before the game, I was crapping myself...

and then this happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPnl9Iex36g

:D

Nucky Thompson

Genuinely think it was one of the biggest games for both teams - if they won the semi, ( :lol: ) they would have been red-hot favourites to win The Cup for the first time since 1902.

and then this happened:

That still gives me a semi... Literally :)

I'll be honest - before the game, I was crapping myself...and then this happened:

I've heard that a few times from folk but honestly don't know where it comes from. We had by far the better team and when we showed up, by far the better support. Hibs were beat when they ran out and saw their end.

Ron Burgundy

I was trying to persuade my mates not to go and to just watch it on the telly cos I was genuinely terrified of losing.Losing any derby is bad but the thought of losing that one was unbearable.Luckily they ignored me and I went along and had the best derby day I will ever experience.

It's somewhat sad to know that, at 19 years old, I would never see a better victory in my lifetime.

Drylaw Hearts

and then this happened:

I don't think I will ever, ever tire of seeing those highlights.

One of greatest days in Hearts recent history.

Nucky Thompson

It's somewhat sad to know that, at 19 years old, I would never see a better victory in my lifetime.

Never to be bettered, unless we feck them 4-0 in a final

Don't bet on it!

Whilst 2/4/6 is certainly one of the most enjoyable results I've experienced, Hibs do have a habit of losing with flair - especially when it matters.

I'm sure they've got so much more to give :thumbsup:

Don't bet on it!

Whilst 2/4/6 is certainly one of the most enjoyable results I've experienced, Hibs do have a habit of losing with flair - especially when it matters.

I genuinely don't think anything will ever top that day.

Don't bet on it!

Beating them at Easter Road, goals to spare on our way to the title. Getting the 3 points we need four or five nil win. Helicopter landing at full time, not one single Hibs fan within a five mile radius of Easter Road, Hearts having a party.

and then this happened:

Genuinely fantastic and still sends a shiver down the spine. How fast and incisive was our play? That day is right up there with both of the Cup Finals I've seen us win, without a shadow of a doubt.

Beating them at Easter Road, goals to spare on our way to the title. Getting the 3 points we need four or five nil win. Helicopter landing at full time, not one single Hibs fan within a five mile radius of Easter Road, Hearts having a party.

Now that would be Hibs class :lol:

Nucky Thompson

That still gives me a semi... Literally :)

Can no one else see what I did there :whistling::lol:

Can no one else see what I did there :whistling::lol:

Yes, but theres now a picture in my head that really shouldn't be there :yucky: . I'm now going to attempt to erase it with several ciders.

Nucky Thompson

Yes, but theres now a picture in my head that really shouldn't be there :yucky: . I'm now going to attempt to erase it with several ciders.

:lol:

Johanes de Silentio

If you're wondering what was being screamed at Zibbi by one of our lads (who was it?) after our first goal, it was this:

:yas:

Drylaw Hearts

If you're wondering what was being screamed at Zibbi by one of our lads (who was it?) after our first goal, it was this:

:yas:

:clumshot:

john brownlee

at 65 I've never seen a better victory and seeing it again, was that some team On that day the best ever.

BTW some poster were saying they didn't want to go cause the feared defeat ,--------- It never entered my head. my best investment that day was having 10 blowup bannas (the big ones)and given them away to fellow Jambos. what a day

Nucky Thompson

I remember taking a banana. Any idea why?

Because you were hungry :blink:

Wonderful will always enjoy seeing that.

I too lived in fear of defeat as it meant so much dunno why cos we had far the better squad.

Always thought the entire team that day were legends but just realised clum played... Ah well

Problem Officer?

If something like that was to ever happen I genuinely would start to think there was a God!

Beating them in a Scottish Cup Final would top it but could anyone bear the pressure?

Randy Marsh

I was trying to persuade my mates not to go and to just watch it on the telly cos I was genuinely terrified of losing.Losing any derby is bad but the thought of losing that one was unbearable.Luckily they ignored me and I went along and had the best derby day I will ever experience.

I was really nervous before they game also.

However, as soon as I walked into Hampden and glanced at the Hibs end, I then knew we had won before a ball was kicked.

Good times.

7-0, 6-2,

To my mind the hampden semi eclipsed all these items.

UK TV, we turned up, they didn't (supporters & teams)

One of the best days of my life

Francis Albert

Wonderful occasion. On another thread OF supporters are quoted as saying the OF are Scottish football. The 2006 semi and numerous other Edinburgh derbies disprove this.

i never once expected to lose that game. i was up all night beforehand with excitement and nerves, but i always felt we were gonna win

i remember, after securing our tickets early, cos we decided to go corporate (thanks to which i made a REALLY good friend from here that day!) when the tickets went on sale we had supporters queue all night.

i decided to be a bit of a generous soul and went and made up loads of sandwiches and took them up to tynie for the frozen hordes

the reaction was funny as feck. don't think anyone was expecting that at all hahahaha

Sad mate but probably true I was 41 at the time and realised as a jambo it was unlikely ever to get any better

Ther will be some young uns horrified by this statement but I'm guessing they too will look back in 25 years time and truly realise the enormity and history that was made on that glorious. April day in 2006

Shame the next derby isnt on the exact date..cant believe it was 5years ago tho.Hope my mum understands how important this match will be even tho it will be mothers day,im sure she will e happy if we come ack with 3 points.biggrin.gif

Nucky Thompson

We haven't stuck it up them enough to be fair. :thumbsup:

They should be hanging their head in shame for a lifetime :D In fact I reckon they have feck all on us forever

Archived