Liverpool v Braga

Harry Palmer

Harry Palmer

Liverpool team: Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Wilson, Lucas, Meireles, Cole, Maxi, Kuyt, Carroll.

Subs: Gulacsi, Ngog, Pacheco, Kyrgiakos, Spearing, Pishson, Flanagan.

Big performance required. Could go a nervy 2-0 or a nervy 3-1. Either way Carroll to score. :thumbsup:

Oh aye and Pishson and Ngog to get nowhere near the pitch.

Harry Palmer

Merge please mods.

Blatant cluttering of the board.

Warning was given. :thumbsup:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Warning was given. :thumbsup:

I'll leave you discuss 'football' whilst watching Rankers.... :facepalm:

:huh:

Braga win for me tonight.

Then we can claim to be the only team from the UK to eliminate them from Europe.

Ref is having a stinker so far. Cole looks sharp which is pleasing, only taken him 8 months!

Cmon the reds!

The Old Tolbooth

Nothing to do with the ref this, Liverpool have been shocking!! I need them for my fixed odds line too, useless fuds!! :(

shaun.lawson

Nothing to do with the ref this, Liverpool have been shocking!! I need them for my fixed odds line too, useless fuds!! :(

I was thinking the other day: despite how hugely successful his managerial career has been, Dalglish has barely managed in Europe at all. And of what very little experience he has, Newcastle were knocked out in the CL group stage without coming close to getting through; and Blackburn were humiliated by little Trelleborg. Some managers just can't do it in Europe for whatever reason: Kenny seems to be one of them.

Ma bets fekked! :facepalm:

Mine too.

For 10 minutes only it's come on Liverpool from me.

:unsure:

PS has Dirk Kuyt ever struck the ball cleanly in his fecking career?

Carrol honestly sometimes looks like he's never ran or kicked a baw in his life.

The Old Tolbooth

Carrol honestly sometimes looks like he's never ran or kicked a baw in his life.

I'm glad I'm not the only person thinking that, he's been shite tonight

Ths match makes me want to cry. Its bloody awful.

Liverpool have been humping the ball up the park all game, truly dreadful football.

Joe Cole looks like his Downs Syndrome has caught up with him....

Joe Cole looks like his Downs Syndrome has caught up with him....

:laugh:

:pleasing:

Game over....

So, next season..?

If we're pulling the boat out, Liverpool are winning the Champions League against Barca in the final next season, 'member?

:vrface:

Poor reds performance again. Get the season over with and clear out the shite. One thing to look forward to next season is Suarez. He's going to be a hit in the league!

Harry Palmer

If we're pulling the boat out, Liverpool are winning the Champions League against Barca in the final next season, 'member?

:vrface:

:facepalm:

Shaun will be collecting ?100 no problem.

colinmaroon

What has struck me over the last few nights is how good at closing down many European teams are - Barca, Real Madrid, Braga tonight, and how slow and methodical so many English teams are.

It's a reversal of what used to be and, at Anfield tonight it was ironic to see arguably the best European English club in the 70's and 80's, who made it their own, out-hussled by no more than an average Portugese outfit.

CavySlaveJambo

and Blackburn were humiliated by little Trelleborg. Some managers just can't do it in Europe for whatever reason: Kenny seems to be one of them.

Kenny Dalglish wasn't manager at all in the 95-96 season when Blackburn had won the league title and were playing in Europe.

He'd given his notice for the end of the season before winning the league title.

Kenny Dalglish wasn't manager at all in the 95-96 season when Blackburn had won the league title and were playing in Europe.

He'd given his notice for the end of the season before winning the league title.

:yas:

ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM

Denny Crane

He was the manager in the Trelleborg defeat. That was a UEFA Cup tie which Blackburn were involved in season 94/95 having qualified for the tournament by finishing second in the Premiership the previous season.

He was the manager in the Trelleborg defeat. That was a UEFA Cup tie which Blackburn were involved in season 94/95 having qualified for the tournament by finishing second in the Premiership the previous season.

:stare:

Do The Dance

Bet down due to those useless fuds, how shit was Carrol? ?35M for that huddy? :keys:

I thought carrol looked alright, however Liverpool will have to learn how to play with a big man up front. That involves crosses, not needless punts up the park. Wingers required next season.

Harry Palmer

No complaints from me. Liverpool are shite.

Massive clearout required. Might take a while.

Seems familiar.... :ninja:

LP will have his fun with Matt... :thumbsup:

Anyway...I'll be back. :)

Denny Crane

No complaints from me. Liverpool are shite.

Massive clearout required. Might take a while.

Seems familiar.... :ninja:

LP will have his fun with Matt... :thumbsup:

Anyway...I'll be back. :)

Doubt it. We were shite. Deserved to go out. Huge shopping list for John Henry this summer.

Harry Palmer

Doubt it. We were shite. Deserved to go out. Huge shopping list for John Henry this summer.

:yas:

shaun.lawson

Except I wasn't talking about 95/6, Helen. See the bottom of this page:

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/1994-1995/results

:stare:

:woot:

The Treasurer

What a shame.

We'll not be able to watch any more of these "exciting, all-action" Euro ties that are the scouse sellik trademark.

Harry Palmer

I love Liverpool.

I love Liverpool haters.

I especially love the Scouse sellick bingo.

It's all good fun. :thumbsup:

Seymour M Hersh

What a shame.

We'll not be able to watch any more of these "exciting, all-action" Euro ties that are the scouse sellik trademark.

Pick another channel to watch if (ironically) you are sooooo easily offended.

The Treasurer

Pick another channel to watch if (ironically) you are sooooo easily offended.

Not easily offended.

And I did watch another channel as I knew that it would be the same turgid slow motion stuff that is typical of a scouse sellik euro match.

Thig Ar Latha

Braga win for me tonight.

Then we can claim to be the only team from the UK to eliminate them from Europe.

IIRC Spurs knocked them of Europe a couple of years after we did.

IIRC Spurs knocked them of Europe a couple of years after we did.

Bugger.

I stand corrected.

Archived