Forward clearout ?

grumpyespana

grumpyespana

Its time to ditch the three muppets that cry them selfs strikers Elliot,Glen & Mole they cannie score in a brothel, what we need is another big target man as big Kev is a bit injury prone and as you keep saying we have no plan B also bring back young Smith and give him his chance.

Grumpy.

heartsfc_fan

I think Glen would benefit from going on loan. He's not really done anything since scoring against Hibs.

Charlie-Brown

Mole is out of contract in the summer but Elliot & Glen both still have contracts for next season so unless they agree to move on or go out on loan then they will still be here next season.

heartsfc_fan

Mole is out of contract in the summer but Elliot & Glen both still have contracts for next season so unless they agree to move on or go out on loan then they will still be here next season.

Really? Thank the lord :teehee:

oh ah grantona

glen deserves another season last chance saloon (elliot has had 5yrs even mole had a run in team) glen for me has not had the chances but another striker is key and a creative midfielder maybe smith can play that role

I think Glen would benefit from going on loan. He's not really done anything since scoring against Hibs.

Permanently.

The Old Tolbooth

Get Kyle fit, sign another striker to compliment him (Sutton would be nice), get Smith back from Stirling, keep Stephen Elliott as back up, and completely jettison the rest as far into the North Sea as possible!

Job done! :thumbsup:

Jambof3tornado

I agree that Glen,Mole and Clum should be punted. Scottish football isn't suitable for namby pamby mincer who won't put their foot in! Big lads like Kyle,Daly etc will always do a job and they can be complimented with smaller faster more skillful attackers.

Its not rocket science!

Geoff Kilpatrick

Agreed. Glen and Elliot have had their chance and they are reincarnations of Graham Weir.

As the OP says, we need a Kyle type player who can actually stay fit. It's no coincidence that our 'flair' players have dipped in form since Kyle has been absent.

"Keep Stephen Elliot as backup" I honestly dont see why some jambos dont rate him. Id play him up top with kyle every match they are available

The Old Tolbooth

"Keep Stephen Elliot as backup" I honestly dont see why some jambos dont rate him. Id play him up top with kyle every match they are available

Right now as things stand Elliott is the 2nd best striker at the club behind Kyle, but if we were to bring in Sutton, and also recall Smith from Stirling, then he could easily be the 4th choice striker for me as I don't think he's anything special.

Right now as things stand Elliott is the 2nd best striker at the club behind Kyle, but if we were to bring in Sutton, and also recall Smith from Stirling, then he could easily be the 4th choice striker for me as I don't think he's anything special.

Works hard(a foil for someone else)that's about it.Certainly not a lone striker that we insist on playing even though Kyle is the only player at the club who can play the role.

Smith&Weston

Been saying this since the start of the season. We play this formation with 1 striker every week but only have 1 forward who can play it; For a team in 3rd, we have pretty rank strikers at the club (Elliott, Kyle apart). We need to sign at least 2 six footers in the summer!

Got to say I rate Elliott.Not his fault the manager plays him up front himself.

Why can't we just play a 442?

glen deserves another season last chance saloon (elliot has had 5yrs even mole had a run in team) glen for me has not had the chances

How many managers have we had in that time and not one of them have given Glen a run in the team, it does make you wonder why!!!

glen deserves another season last chance saloon (elliot has had 5yrs even mole had a run in team) glen for me has not had the chances but another striker is key and a creative midfielder maybe smith can play that role

He has had many opportunities to impress in short spells either from the bench or starting and has shown he is not good enough. Gary Glen is a first division player.

No amount of loans, etc will change that. He needs to go at the end of the season along with anyone else who is regarded as a 'striker/forward' other than Kyle and

Stephen Elliott i.e. Calum Elliot, Obua, Mole etc

Been saying it for ages. Even if Calum Elliot and Glen have time on their contracts maybe we should actively seek takers even for a small fee?

Hearts are always about bringing through young players but maybe there are others who deserve a step up now and get to learn their trade alongside Kyle, Elliot and a proven newby next season?

not sure I agree Glen has had much of a chance, unless folk expect him to be a 10minute supersub. How many games has he actually started though? I'd like to see him given as many starts as Clum has had before any real judgement is made. Clum, Mole and Obua (if we're counting him as a forward?) are more than welcome to seek pastures new though. :)

Howdy Doody Jambo

Good strikers need easy chances , we have not exactly created good opportunities for our forwards , however Calum , and Mole have been at the club now for a long time Glen has showed promise at times , it's time for the new kids on the block to be given a chance , there must be a clearout to make way for the 19s to come through

Glen scored on his debut = hero with 1 / 1 scoring record

Next game he got in the right place once that I recall but blazed an easy chance over the bar = 1 / 2 scoring record ?

In a recent game the much maligned Obua was set up at the back post and headed a cross down into

the 'danger area' ...................Glen appeared to be blissfully unaware this was going to happen and that he was perhaps

expected to be involved ?

Wonder if what we are now seeing is the knock on effect of adopting more continental training tecniques with touch and passing being the yardstick of a good young player which then of course leads to the young big and powerful strikers are not deemed good enough players yet we keep players like Glen due to their skill only to realise that skill only gets you so far in the game* and that strength/physique are equally important?

*Especially the scottish game

Not quite sure why the OP started a near bleedingly obvious thread that's been on here so many times before.

If it's on the back of last night, 2 didn't play any part and the other only a small bit part.

On the back of last night the contributions of Kello (no mans land); Bouzid trying to get himself sent off, Thomson's rubbish deliveries, Wallace getting into the general malaise of 'if everyone else is fouling , I may as well too), Stevenson, fish out of water, Black fouling for the sake of fouling for weeks now - are all as culpable.

Maybe it's the strains of a long season and injuries and suspensions catching up now in that we are making loads of changes, but I think our mental strength has dipped over the last few weeks.

The number of unnecessary fouls we are giving away just now are a concern.

Or maybe the vast majority of footballers are simply thick when it comes to the thinking deaprtment.

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but im baffled sometimes. The whole clamour to get Sutton.... why cos he has went on a mini run cos he knows his contract is up at the end of the season. If we had signed him at the start of the season I guarantee there would be a whole string of posts along the lines of " Not hearts quality" etc. And Stephen Elliot is the worst one, never in a month of Sundays is he a lone striker but due to kyle being injured he has had to play that role and done pretty well. He has scored six in 22 most of the time playing up front on his tod which i've already stated ain't his role in a team who ain't playing well at all. And another poster says if we get Sutton and bring smith back from loan Elliot would be 4TH CHOICE I honestly don't get it.

Elliott would fetch a sale price, how much I'm not sure 500k?

You couldn't give Eliot or Mole away.

If the service is as limited as it has been recently then different strikers wont make much difference. Elliott last night as calum elliot the week before had absolutely nothing to work with. Appreciate when its calum elliot it is all his own fault but steven elliott was just as ineffective last night due to heehaw service.

Jambof3tornado

A bit concerned that some want Smith back from the binos and thrown in. He will need to be used carefully and protected so we don't ruin another young striker with potential!

2 t's is our best striker technically. Kyle and him in a 4 4 2 would work.

Get Kyle fit, sign another striker to compliment him (Sutton would be nice), get Smith back from Stirling, keep Stephen Elliott as back up, and completely jettison the rest as far into the North Sea as possible!

once we have the correct personel jj will almost certainly play a 4-4-2 imo. i think in order to do that we need smith back and one more striker and from what i've seen recently sutton would fit the bill. kyle, sutton, elliott and smith is perhaps not too bad to start next season with.

once we have the correct personel jj will almost certainly play a 4-4-2 imo. i think in order to do that we need smith back and one more striker and from what i've seen recently sutton would fit the bill. kyle, sutton, elliott and smith is perhaps not too bad to start next season with.

He never played 4-4-2 when Kyle and Elliott were both fit as he played Elliott left midfield so I don't see how he will suddenly play 4-4-2

I'd like to see us get rid of Mole and Elliot. Bring in someone like John Sutton and for next season have Kyle, Elliott, Smith and Sutton as our main attacking options. Playing 2 up front or Kyle/Sutton as the lone striker with Elliott/Smith playing the supporting role and doing the leg work.

He never played 4-4-2 when Kyle and Elliott were both fit as he played Elliott left midfield so I don't see how he will suddenly play 4-4-2

sorry should have made myself more clear. when i said i believe he will play 4-4-2 when he has the right personell i was talking about in midfield. i think the reason he has looked for other solutions (succesfully imo) has been that he doesn`t have a good enough creative/attacking central midfielder and i expect him to get one in the close season. i then expect him to revert to a more traditional 4-4-2 system from the start next season meaning we need 4 strikers up to the task. 2 to play and 2 on the bench.

itsnomarooned

Its time to ditch the three muppets that cry them selfs strikers Elliot,Glen & Mole they cannie score in a brothel, what we need is another big target man as big Kev is a bit injury prone and as you keep saying we have no plan B also bring back young Smith and give him his chance.

Grumpy.

While I agree that Kyle has been a big loss (and also about Elliot, Glen and Mole), rather than just get another "big target man" I'd suggest we need to formulate a vaibale Plan B should said target man be unavailable. We are quite obviously devoid of effective striking options without Kyle but we can't be a one trick pony and we need to coach and develop the team into being able to play alternative tactics. Not just if/when Kyle (or whoever) isn't available, we should also be able to change tactics mid-match if required.

Tom Barnaby

I'm with you Stumo I think he would be a great player for us in the right formation

Clum, Glen, Mole and Obua all need to be let go.

Bring in Rooney/Sutton and maybe even look at Maguire, even though he's probably out of our reach. A quick forward would be nice too.

if fit jj should give glen a run of games to see if he is going to improve because we all know callum and obua aint

The annoying thing about losing the last 2 is that the sooner we can get 3rd place mathematically guaranteed the sooner JJ can give the likes of Glen a few starts if he so chooses, to see if an extended run can give such players a bit of a boost for pushing on next season. The last thing we need is to be scrapping for 3rd on the last or 2nd last game of the season.

Charlie-Brown

Clum, Glen, Mole and Obua all need to be let go.

Bring in Rooney/Sutton and maybe even look at Maguire, even though he's probably out of our reach. A quick forward would be nice too.

Clum, Glen & Obua all have still have contracts so to let them go you would have to buy them out - basically pay them to go. This would of course then reduce any money available to bring new players in.

peebles jambo

Bring back Nade

made me chuckle that, i wouldn't bring him back to cut the grass let alone anything else, a total imposter

The annoying thing about losing the last 2 is that the sooner we can get 3rd place mathematically guaranteed the sooner JJ can give the likes of Glen a few starts if he so chooses, to see if an extended run can give such players a bit of a boost for pushing on next season. The last thing we need is to be scrapping for 3rd on the last or 2nd last game of the season.

I know what you are getting at CJ about giving players game time, but in what you say is exactly the problem. These players aren`t trusted in a proper competitive situation. Why not play him now? Why hasn`t the likes of Glen not played more since KK`s absence?

We need these guys to step up and take responsibility when it means something. Glen came into the team approaching 4 years ago. I thought he looked good in a disjointed Hearts team. He had pace, good touch and realy did look a prospect.

Personally, and he`s still young, i think he`s went backwards and its a shame. The lack of game time suggests the powers at be maybe have a question mark hanging over him just now.

Clum, Glen & Obua all have still have contracts so to let them go you would have to buy them out - basically pay them to go. This would of course then reduce any money available to bring new players in.

What about offering them out on free transfers, do we still have to pay off a percentage of wages?

Bert Le Clos

Mole & Eliot should go.

Sutton and Rooney as mentioned would improve our squad.

I really would like to see us go 4-4-2 with Glen and Elliott up front for the rest of the season. We are strongest out wide, get Temps, Driver, Suso running at defenders and driving low crosses accross goal. Half the centre halves in the SPL at complete huddies, who deal better with balls in the air than at their feet.

Elliott has shown he has an eye for a goal in the box, and Glen's strength for me is making good runs into the box.

It's surely a more successful idea than punting the ball to Obua.

Charlie-Brown

What about offering them out on free transfers, do we still have to pay off a percentage of wages?

We are legally obliged to pay them until the end of their contracts unless they agreed to settle for less but unless they already had other guaranteed contracts & wages from clubs and it suited them to go then why would they agree to settle for less than the full amount Hearts are due them?

Drylaw Hearts

Kyle and 2T's are the only ones worth keeping.

Yep.

We need at least 2 new forwards in the summer.

Get Kyle fit, sign another striker to compliment him (Sutton/Rooney would be nice), get Smith back from Stirling, keep Stephen Elliott as back up, and completely jettison the rest as far into the North Sea as possible!

I concur 100%

Yep.

We need at least 2 new forwards in the summer.

We also need someone creative in midfield to supply these forwards that we all seem to think we need.

Stevenson and Black are not the answer.

If I could have three ex-players from recent yesteryear to help our existing team it would be:

Derek Ferguson (best passer in the last 30 years at Tynie)

Colin Cameron (box to box, leadership, drive, determination)

Jankauskis (I think he do well in a one-up-front, hold the ball position)

I would also jettison the three forwards. And Obua and Stevenson.

Archived