McCann talks doubtful and Clum out of United game.

Dr. Bapswent

Aha! A good news thread!

I?d like to see McCann get a coaching role if he is interested. I?m sure there must be room at the Academy judging by the results I see - and the continual excuse that we are fielding underage players... I wonder who we?ll get to see up front at the weekend. Let?s just hope Frail doesn?t hang whoever it is out to dry by playing 4-5-1!

Dr. Bapswent
Aha! A good news thread!

I?d like to see McCann get a coaching role if he is interested. I?m sure there must be room at the Academy judging by the results I see - and the continual excuse that we are fielding underage players... I wonder who we?ll get to see up front at the weekend. Let?s just hope Frail doesn?t hang whoever it is out to dry by playing 4-5-1!

I agree.

Our players clearly lack the ability to spin round aimlessly with the ball before passing backwards. :P

Dunno about McCann and how well he would fit in as a coach, but you cant fault the guy for effort and spirit.

I agree.

Our players clearly lack the ability to spin round aimlessly with the ball before passing backwards. :P

Dunno about McCann and how well he would fit in as a coach, but you cant fault the guy for effort and spirit.

He might be able to team the wingers to go past their man and cross? We could do with those things. McCann might not be able to do them himself anymore but he must know the theory!;)

I know Elliot has hardly been setting the heather on fire but it worries me we could be without yet another striker.

If Nade is still injured we would probably have no choice but to continue with only 1 up front (Mole) and just young guys on the bench as back up.

Dr. Bapswent
He might be able to team the wingers to go past their man and cross? We could do with those things. McCann might not be able to do them himself anymore but he must know the theory!;)

Not sure how much theory is involved, i think talent plays more of a role.

Maybe confidence, i dunno.

I dont think Miko and Chesney have any problem with ability, just motivation and confidence perhaps.

The club will know more where McCanns strengths lie, but i guess not every player makes a good coach.

Id like to see McCann at the club in some capacity, but only on merit.

Not sure how much theory is involved, i think talent plays more of a role.

Maybe confidence, i dunno.

I dont think Miko and Chesney have any problem with ability, just motivation and confidence perhaps.

The club will know more where McCanns strengths lie, but i guess not every player makes a good coach.

Id like to see McCann at the club in some capacity, but only on merit.

Me too. I started to write that in my first post but then thought I was being unfairly critical of the guy. He still tries hard even though his talents are waning...At least he had talents to wane!

cobbyshambles

so who the hell is going to go up front?don't get me wrong i think elliot is a rubbish footballer but who else have we got just now!?

I know Elliot has hardly been setting the heather on fire but it worries me we could be without yet another striker.

If Nade is still injured we would probably have no choice but to continue with only 1 up front (Mole) and just young guys on the bench as back up.

My only worry is that we keep playing Clum!!!:sad:

Buffalo Bill

As a player, he is finished, but I'd like to see McCann get a coaching role.

If you've ever heard him speak, you'll know he's a very bright, funny guy.

Buffalo Bill

I agree.

I read Barry Ferguson's autobiography last night. Written tabloid style but was a good and interesting read.

2 points from that spring to mind on McCann - Ferguson rates him highly and is one of the few players that he really discusses in the book. But the other factor is how many injections/pills Ferguson has taken in order to play while his body has been falling apart.

Contrast that with Neil McCann who will have taken a million pounds out of Hearts in the last 2 1/2 seasons for 20 crap games - and who has decided to have an operation rather than take the discomfort of playing with a plate in his ankle. Add to that his regular bottle crashing out of tackles when he has actually played. He should be thanked for his first effort at Hearts and booted out at the first opportunity.

I read Barry Ferguson's autobiography last night. Written tabloid style but was a good and interesting read.

2 points from that spring to mind on McCann - Ferguson rates him highly and is one of the few players that he really discusses in the book. But the other factor is how many injections/pills Ferguson has taken in order to play while his body has been falling apart.

Contrast that with Neil McCann who will have taken a million pounds out of Hearts in the last 2 1/2 seasons for 20 crap games - and who has decided to have an operation rather than take the discomfort of playing with a plate in his ankle. Add to that his regular bottle crashing out of tackles when he has actually played. He should be thanked for his first effort at Hearts and booted out at the first opportunity.

Why were you reading the neds book !:rolleyes: how bored were you.

Agree with you point about mcCann, its interesting compering this thread to the Pinila on ! both are complete wage thieves, but atleast there is some potentail still left in pinila

Why were you reading the neds book !:rolleyes: how bored were you.

Agree with you point about mcCann, its interesting compering this thread to the Pinila on ! both are complete wage thieves, but atleast there is some potentail still left in pinila

Ferguson comes across really well in the book. It is well worth a read (and I picked it up cheap somewhere). Similar to Robbie Fowler's book - he doesn't pull any punches.

Geoff Kilpatrick

We have enough passengers in the squad without offering contracts to players who are past it.

jamboinglasgow
As a player, he is finished, but I'd like to see McCann get a coaching role.

If you've ever heard him speak, you'll know he's a very bright, funny guy.

Buffalo Bill

I agree, I think he needs a coaching role at hearts as the guy clearly loves the club and he has settled down in edinburgh.

What I suggest is a contract similar to Banksey, a player/coach. So that if needed he can play but he is mainly there for coaching. Also I think he should start on one of the youth teams or be an overal coach for the academy (dont think he would fill the role of technical or skills coach but if he knows how to teach that then he would be perfect.)

Think McCann would be a great coach to have (and similar to Frail in enthuasism (think when we get the new manager Frail should go back to being a assistant manager/coach as he works well there.))

Hope you got the book from the library rather than fund the Ned?s pension, since you are so averse to having perhaps contributed a pound or two to Neil McCann?s...:P

Hope you got the book from the library rather than fund the Ned?s pension, since you are so averse to having perhaps contributed a pound or two to Neil McCann?s...:P

Picked it up cheap. It was a really good read.

Makes the people who call Ferguson a ned look very foolish.

Dr. Bapswent

A new defiention of irony for the dictionary methinks.

Did he write it himself or was it ghost-written? If it is someone else telling his stories for him then the above sentence looks very foolish...

I agree, I think he needs a coaching role at hearts as the guy clearly loves the club and he has settled down in edinburgh.

What I suggest is a contract similar to Banksey, a player/coach. So that if needed he can play but he is mainly there for coaching. Also I think he should start on one of the youth teams or be an overal coach for the academy (dont think he would fill the role of technical or skills coach but if he knows how to teach that then he would be perfect.)

Think McCann would be a great coach to have (and similar to Frail in enthuasism (think when we get the new manager Frail should go back to being a assistant manager/coach as he works well there.))

McCann may already be coaching in some ways, at the Rangers reserve game on Tuesday McCann was listed on the team sheet as a Coach. He stood in the dugout, whereas Frail was sitting up in the stand (talking to himself; trying to shout at players but doing it so quietly, he just sounded mad).

McCann should never have been re-signed - simply done as a pro Scots move. Evened up the numbers a bit.

Great player first time around - waste of space 2nd spell.

Best wishes to him in whatever happens now.

jamboinglasgow
McCann may already be coaching in some ways, at the Rangers reserve game on Tuesday McCann was listed on the team sheet as a Coach. He stood in the dugout, whereas Frail was sitting up in the stand (talking to himself; trying to shout at players but doing it so quietly, he just sounded mad).

How did McCann appear when he was in the dugout?

Think this could benefit hearts if he became a coach.

Yea id like to see him there in some capacity

An i'v also read Barry Fergusons book and it is a good read,but his brother Derek's is better,he talks up Hearts big time in it

Did he write it himself or was it ghost-written? If it is someone else telling his stories for him then the above sentence looks very foolish...

Touche ;)

So. Mole as a lone striker and no backup on the bench on Saturday then is it?

I love these "must win" games.

It was ghost written by Ian King. They address the criticism of the simple minded regarding 'ned' taunts very well.

loveofthegame

Neil McCann is an absolute legend, and always will be, for his first stint at the club.

However now may well be the right time to move on

CornhillHearts

Why Neil McCann? only reason can be that he is shaggys pal, disgusted if he gets a job as has not delivered this time round due to injury; others out there with more of a coaching background must surely be more deserving.

It was ghost written by Ian King. They address the criticism of the simple minded regarding 'ned' taunts very well.

LOL Oh well that?s that settled then! Barry?s ghostwriter defends Barry in his autobiography about allegations of being a snarling wee bawbag from Bothwell!

LOL Oh well that?s that settled then! Barry?s ghostwriter defends Barry in his autobiography about allegations of being a snarling wee bawbag from Bothwell!

Have a read of the book. It was cheap in Tesco. An interesting and informative read.

Or perhaps you can retain your preconceptions.

rudi must stay
We have enough passengers in the squad without offering contracts to players who are past it.

McCann is no passenger imo, he is one of the best central midfielders we have in the squad

Have a read of the book. It was cheap in Tesco. An interesting and informative read.

Or perhaps you can retain your preconceptions.

I?d rather fund Neil McCann?s pension...!:)

Clerry Jambo
McCann is no passenger imo, he is one of the best central midfielders we have in the squad

Oh please stoap - must be a wind up.

As mentioned already superb player first time around and one of the few who could get bums oaf the seats when in full flow.

But time to go Neil - all the best

Mild-Mannered James

He was a good winger back in the day, but he's far too one footed to play in the centre of midfield.

rudi must stay
Oh please stoap - must be a wind up.

As mentioned already superb player first time around and one of the few who could get bums oaf the seats when in full flow.

But time to go Neil - all the best

1st time he was far better i'm not arguing there, he has had a few brilliant games in CM against some good teams, Celtic and Hibs last season

Clerry Jambo
1st time he was far better i'm not arguing there, he has had a few brilliant games in CM against some good teams, Celtic and Hibs last season

Central Midfielder has to be able to have some resemblance of tackling abilities............next

rudi must stay
Central Midfielder has to be able to have some resemblance of tackling abilities............next

think he's not to bad at tackling tbh it's just he doesn't have any pace

I would let the new manager :confused: decide whether he wishes to retain Neil McCann (and Stevie Frail for that matter) on his coaching staff rather than having them foisted on him because of sentiment.

Archived