Kello and his kicks

Vic Vespa

A Kello fan but that one thing that bugged me tonight, has he been told to always lump it up the park?

Can't recall him playing it out short at the back once but there must have been well over 20 boots up the park which came right back at us.

Would have been as well just giving them the ball each time :angry:

Rick Grimes

Yay....who should we next have a go at?

Rudi?

Kyle...

Bapswent.

Its your fault.

Yay....who should we next have a go at?

Rudi?

Kyle...

How about you for a pointless post, if you don't want to discuss what went on in the game then don't.

Was hardly a go IMO.

Francis Albert

I think it's a fair point, but I'd put it more generally and not pin it on Kello. As a team we either don't value possession or haven't a clue how to retain it. How many times do players make runs to get into space to receive the ball from goal kicks or throw ins or indeed in general play? Throw-ins are my bug-bear, which I commented on right from our pre-season friendlies, since when things have not improved. Our main tactic (after interminable dithering) is to throw the ball high down the line which (like long kick-outs) gives us a t best a 50/50 chance of retaining possession.

I think it's a fair point, but I'd put it more generally and not pin it on Kello. As a team we either don't value possession or haven't a clue how to retain it. How many times do players make runs to get into space to receive the ball from goal kicks or throw ins or indeed in general play? Throw-ins are my bug-bear, which I commented on right from our pre-season friendlies, since when things have not improved. Our main tactic (after interminable dithering) is to throw the ball high down the line which (like long kick-outs) gives us a t best a 50/50 chance of retaining possession.

Given that we are all in the mood for a bit of a moan and a niggle - my favourite one in this area is that Eggert Jonsson's technique for throwing the ball in is so bad. He is all hands and no arms :lol: and as a result can't throw it any further than 10 yards.

That messes up the high ball down the line. :lol:

shaun.lawson

I think it's a fair point too. 14 years ago, Spurs had this ghastly, inept bunch of mediocrities under the equally mediocre management of Gerry Francis. I remember hearing Ian Walker interviewed, and he was asked who he was trying to pick out with his goal kicks:

"No-one - I just lump it up the park".

Unbelievably, Walker couldn't see the problem with this - but it explained quite a lot tbh.

The Treasurer

Talk about nit-picking.

Kello - top class keeper ......but he doesn't play defence splitting passes every time he clears the ball

Eggy - gives 100% wherever he's asked to play ..... but his throw-in's aren't launched to the back post to create a goal scoring opportunity.

blink.gifhuh.gif

If you'd care to watch the game Kello nearly always looks for the quick throw out but rarely is there a player looking for that option so he's left with no choice but to kick it long.

mahgrassyshoes

Talk about nit-picking.

Kello - top class keeper ......but he doesn't play defence splitting passes every time he clears the ball

Eggy - gives 100% wherever he's asked to play ..... but his throw-in's aren't launched to the back post to create a goal scoring opportunity.

blink.gifhuh.gif

If you'd care to watch the game Kello nearly always looks for the quick throw out but rarely is there a player looking for that option so he's left with no choice but to kick it long.

It took almost 9 hours, but we finally got there.

Rick Grimes

I agree with the throw-ins bit wholeheartedly. Does my box in.... they're meant to be an advantage.

Archived