Man Utd v Marseille

The Merse

There's a difference between not being able to continue the unreal work of Mourinho and not being able to set up a defence including cracking players like Lucio, Maicon and Cesar to actually deal with an attack or two. Leo's got a job and a half on his hands.

Ranocchia is an excellent Serie A player, by the way - you should have seen how comfortable he was at centre back against Calgiari the other week.

I was at an Inter game the other week type post IMO.

Tommy Wiseau

I was at an Inter game the other week type post IMO.

:verysmug:

And jolly good it was too.

Seriously though, Ranocchia was only beaten to MOTM by Javier Zanetti, who put in an incredible performance in midfield.

There's a difference between not being able to continue the unreal work of Mourinho and not being able to set up a defence including cracking players like Lucio, Maicon and Cesar to actually deal with an attack or two. Leo's got a job and a half on his hands.

Ranocchia is an excellent Serie A player, by the way - you should have seen how comfortable he was at centre back against Calgiari the other week.

Not seen him play, so I couldn't comment but I'm sure he's great if he's getting in the side in his early 20s

I already agreed that Rafa was a shit appointment, he's far too cold and distant from the players to work with that Inter side. But I think it would've been a really tough job for any manager. Rafa's failure has actually made it a lot easier for Leonardo.

Going to be a nervous last half hour at Old Trafford by the looks of it.

Can see Marseille snatching a goal TBH.

Tommy Wiseau

Oh yeah this is a Man utd thread...

:what:

Back on topic... Ribery's having a cracking game, eh lads?

Back on topic... Ribery's having a cracking game, eh lads?

Maicon having a shocker too.

2-2 now. Lovely goal for Inter, that Coutinho lad looks quality.

Relax kids i couldn't give a toss about man ure! But just goes to show the difference in calibre of game tonight.

Ray Winstone

Oh yeah this is a Man utd thread...

Relax kids i couldn't give a toss about man ure! But just goes to show the difference in calibre of game tonight.

:seething:

Another nice bit of play for the goal. United have this sorted now.

Another nice bit of play for the goal. United have this sorted now.

Or not. :o

Tommy Wiseau

It's never fecking easy for Charles' wallet. :verymad:

Burnley are causing me all sorts of jip as well. 1-0 up, then 2-1 down and just equalised with 5 minutes to go. Why do I never seem to bet on teams that are 3-0 up and cruising at this stage? :lol:

Cupar Jambo

Ipswich pumped my coupon tonight. :down:

Huddersfield, Peterboro, Raith and DUNFERMLINE ?20 acca

Surrey Jambo

Wayne Rooney has just said that Marseille are a "big physical team" - what a compliment to compare them with us!

Just starting on SS2.

Had a minutes silence for the disaster in Japan.

Seemed to be disturbed a bit and the ref ended the silence after just 20 seconds.

Anyway, to the football.

Utd obviously expected to win but Marseille have a lot of good players and Utd are never convincing.

Will be very tight I reckon.

Is football the only entertainment that has a minutes silence.Cannot think of any other time other than a football match where i have been involved in a minutes silence.

Is football the only entertainment that has a minutes silence.Cannot think of any other time other than a football match where i have been involved in a minutes silence.

Murrayfield for the Ireland game.

Twickenham for the Calcutta cup.

I think rugby does it too.

Archived