Which Tynie games did you miss that you wished you'd seen?

Sydney

I missed the 4-4 vs Hibs because I was overseas working.

I missed the 5-3 vs Killie back in 98 because I was playing football in Dundee

I missed the 2-1 vs Atletico Madrid because I was on holiday

I missed the 4-2 vs Rangers in Cup in 95 because I was overseas working as well

i miss that semi in 2006 ! was at a wedding in nepal ! still funny as feck as i only just got a signal in the mountains and the words on the phone from my mate was "don't know who this is, but paul hartley is god" and the phone went dead !

Say What Again

1-0 Aberdeen to qualify for the CL. I was in hospital and listened on the radio. It sounded like the place was rocking - something that gets confirmed time and again on here. :(

Quitongo's equaliser against Celtic in 97-8 season. Looked like bedlam on the TV.

1-0 Aberdeen to qualify for the CL. I was in hospital and listened on the radio. It sounded like the place was rocking - something that gets confirmed time and again on here. :(

Buffalo Bill

Missed the 7-1 win over Dunfermline because I was Best Man at my mate's wedding.

I missed the 1 - 0 win V Bayern Munich. Was stationed in the Falklands at the time.

Managed to pick it up on WS though.

heartsfc_fan

4-2 v Rangers in 2007 (Ivaskevicius sp?) scored.

I was in Corfu watching it in the pub, and kind of wanted to be there :lol:

Also missed the 7-1 v Dunfermline. Had my ticket but decided to go play football with my mates instead. Big Regret!

Fort Vallance

The Mark De Vries 5-1 Game. On a flight to Gran Canaria.

I know, going on holiday during the season I deserve absolutely no sympathy.

Francis Albert

Lokomotiv Leipzig, 4-4 and MDV's 5-1, Aberdeen CL clincher.

All due to work. What's worse I didn't find out the Aberdeen game was the 5 Live commentary game until after the game, so I couldn't even listen to it.

Correction, remember now the MDV game was holiday. I didn't know the result until opening L'Equipe in a shop in Narbonne the next morning , and proceeded to dance down the street back to the flat we were staying in.

Also remember phoning home from a telephone kiosk after the Leipzig game and not being sure it wasn't a wind up when told the score.

The Treasurer

Having only missed 2 homes games in the last 38 years the one I would like to have seen was the 1-0 LC quarter final v sellik (Robbo in extra time)

I was on my way to the game when I got a call from the hospital to tell me my mother had taken a turn for the worse.

I got there just in time as she never made it through the night, so I have more than one reason to want to turn the clock back and change events that night (but not the result)

J Cheever Loophole

Robbos first derby because I was lifted before the game and after reading The Treasurer's post I feel a bigger erse.

PsychocAndy

I missed the 1 - 0 win V Bayern Munich. Was stationed in the Falklands at the time.

Managed to pick it up on WS though.

I missed all the euro cup games that season through 1 thing or another but could make that 1 but didn't because I felt I would junction us

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Living abroad theres a few Ive missed

The ones that stick out

5-1 v Hibs, De Vries

1-0 Aberdeen, Champ League qualifier

Scottish cup final '98

I was only 1 :angry:

Wish i was old enough for that

I also missed the 5 0 against Falkirk 26th dec 2005

only annoyed about that coz i went to every other home game tht season and missed the biggest win!

The 7-1 vs Dunfermline.

This was before I could get to every game, listened to it on the radio mind.

I missed the 4-4 game because I was on call.

I was listening to it on the radio and when they went 4-2 up I went upstairs to play the playstation. I didn't know it ended 4-4 until about 9ish.

I also missed the semi in 2006 because my selfish mate was getting married. Why get married on a Sunday anyway?

Not at Tynecastle, not even a full game, but the first-half and interval of the 0-3 victory at Easter Road in 1990. Was studying in America at the time and the long-distance calls on a crackling line with inebriated friends that night made me sense that I'd missed something truly momentous. It sounded like the mother of all derbies and when the newspapers duly arrived, a fortnight or more later, they made fascinating reading; I devoured every sentence read them over and over again, repeating each line to myself like a mantra. I've subsequently watched the video footage repeatedly, and by the time I shuffle off I'll probably have convinced myself that I was there, but oh to have actually been on the Dunbar Road end that afternoon.

Got stabbed in the back that night by a guy who said he would swap days off and "CHANGED HIS MIND" the day before. So when the winning goal went in I was driving a No3 bus to Gorebridge. I have never spoken to the Sh*tb*g since.

heartsfc_fan

2/4/2006

Ok not at Tynecastle, but I missed the 4 nil drubbing of Hibs at Hampden due to being on a group trip to New York.

We were going via Heathrow on the day of the match and asked the stewardess if we could "try" and use a radio to listen to the 2nd half (we'd managed to catch the 1st half on the radio in Edinburgh's departure lounge). She said, yep you can use a raido, but you might not be able to get anything.

Found a very very poor feed of 810 MW (BBC Sportsound) to hear Jankauskas hit in the 3rd. Landed and we received numerous texts ("4 nil Hearts" "Hibs 2 red cards etc")...Still gutted I missed it, even if it was New York I was going to :ermm:

My father-in-law had a minor heart attack late one Friday night. My wife and I drove over to see him in the hospital on the Saturday. We were there for over two hours but he slept the whole time. The bugger made a full recovery and was soon back on the ber and tabs. The game I missed for, as it would transpire, no reason at all?

De Vries 5-1 :angry:

Can't think of a game at Tynecastle that I have missed that would comply with the OP. As someone has already said though, wish to feck I had missed 1/1/73 :angry:

gogadgetlegz

Having been fortunate enough to see every other meaningful last minute goal against Celtic, I missed Austin McCann's last minute winner in the 2-1 game a few years back. Would have LOVED to have been there, but had just emigrated

Missed the 5-1 victory over Hibs. It was my first season as a season ticket holder but I was away on holiday in Spain. Couldn't believe the score when it was shown on the news. Delighted but gutted I missed it.

PsychocAndy

I missed all the euro cup games that season through 1 thing or another but could make that 1 but didn't because I felt I would junction us

I meant jinxed, predictive text on the phone.

jamboinglasgow

Where do I start, I seem to miss the biggest and best matches.

Missed both 98 and 06 cup final, the Hibs semi, the 5-1 game (though stayed to the end of the 4-4 game later that season) the 7-1 Dunfermline game when I was on a family holiday in Northern Ireland, watching Glentoran beat Ballymena 3-0. Missed most of the 05-06 season due to being at Uni in Glasgow.

If only I could turn back time, I would change this :angry:

Please Hearts, can you let me actually see Hearts winning silverware in person in my lifetime.

ScottishSandstorm

Every single one :ermm:

The fact that I am American kinda makes it hard to attend games but I really wish I could have gone to the Celtic game at Tynie in 2002. We lost that day (0-2?) and from what I remember there was some crowd trouble but it was the only time I've ever been to Scotland (I was 13) and I would have loved to see a match in person. I'll get my chance soon enough though, I'm visiting Edinburgh in May and I hope to see this glorious cathedral named Tynecastle on a match day (that is if we don't get a shitty pot-split fixture list).

No longer live in Edinburgh, so could pick many games, but I'll go for 1-0 Aberdeen for the CL. Largely because my brother was there sending me texts!

On the other hand, he was in Canada when we won the Cup in '98, and I was at the Final with a ticket he would have used. So I can't really complain!

Remnants of Standards

Missed most of the 97-98 season when away in nz and oz, but back in time for cup final on the hunch Hearts would do it, turning down a six month visa extension to do so.

Also missed the 5-1 de vries one, 7-1 dunfermline...and was also most gutted not to get a ticket at the time for tge 1996 cup final v rangers, the 1-5 reverse. Was convinced we were going to do the biz that day, and couldn't get a brief for love or money.

Alls well that ends unwell I suppose.

Missed the 5-1 Hibs game as was on holiday.

And the game where Neil Lennon set up our winning goal, i was on holiday then too.

Seen them both on the tele mind.

Missed the 5-1 derby cause I was visiting family in Ireland and missed the 2-1 win over Celtic, Austin McCann screamer as I was in Holland playing in a football tournament.

Chris Benoit

Where do I start, I seem to miss the biggest and best matches.

Missed both 98 and 06 cup final, the Hibs semi, the 5-1 game (though stayed to the end of the 4-4 game later that season) the 7-1 Dunfermline game when I was on a family holiday in Northern Ireland, watching Glentoran beat Ballymena 3-0. Missed most of the 05-06 season due to being at Uni in Glasgow.

If only I could turn back time, I would change this :angry:

Please Hearts, can you let me actually see Hearts winning silverware in person in my lifetime.

You're a ******* jinx stay away :lol:

We even lost the Masters when you were there :rofl:

jamboinglasgow

You're a ******* jinx stay away :lol:

We even lost the Masters when you were there :rofl:

That's what scares me. You can't blame me for the masters, the beer running out within 10 mins is what made us lose.

Chris Benoit

That's what scares me. You can't blame me for the masters, the beer running out within 10 mins is what made us lose.

I'm in a similar boat, I've not seen us win this season. My wedding and honeymoon coincided with us going on our good run and now I'm scared to go back :(

The People's Chimp

Out of the ones I've missed, the 7-1 stands out, but also 2 of the controversial nights.

The first was Petric' shocking miss against Stuttgart as I'd moved to France to study; I heard it all my from my brother and dad after the game though.

The next again was the Mikogate incident as I'd again moved to France, this time to work, and again, I heard it all from my brother and my dad after the game. They were simply outraged, shocked, disgusted, angry, sickened, not shocked, not surprised all at once.

In a way I'm glad I missed those two games, but on the other hand I would have liked to have been there, to know what people talk about.

jambo4_0matty

I used to go on holiday with my parents and they always booked the first week in August to go away, the week where some of our best results have occured. Missed the 5-1 De Vries, the first 4-0 of THAT season, the 2-1 Celtic with Lennon's backpass and the Champs League Qualifier with AEK. And the defeat of Advocaats Rangers first game of 98/99. We've had some great results in that week.

Missed the 7-1 win over Dunfermline because I was Best Man at my mate's wedding.

The Mark De Vries 5-1 Game. On a flight to Gran Canaria.

I know, going on holiday during the season I deserve absolutely no sympathy.

Austin McCann v celtic 2-1. Was on holiday at the time, Im still gutted I missed it. :(

8-3 against wee team

all ofthe above for me :( all for different reasons. I remember that Dunfermline game I was offered a free ticket as my bro's mate got called away but I was under the sheets with a cute brunette, who convinced me to stay a little longer and you know the rest. So as a result missed the game. At the time i was getting the goals texted to my mobile and the amout that I received used up all my credit. The passengers on the bus home must have thought I was one hell of a popular person.

Archived