Weather Heads Up

Fort Vallance

Fort Vallance

Just a heads up to anyone thinking of buying train tickets or other travel plans in advance.

Torrential rain up here, some roads flooded already and bearing in mind Tannadice's recent record for postponments due to waterlogging I think tomorrows game could be extremely doubtful. Not saying It'll definately be off but I've been stung before by buying tickets in advance.

The Treasurer

When I saw the forecast I was thinking much the same.

Add in the fact that there have been 3 games in under a week played on that pitch then there must be a doubt.

Any postponement would only be down to conditions and nothing to do with Utd having to play so many games in such a short space of time of course whistling.gif

Tom Barnaby

Rain never stopped here in Cupar whole day or good part of yesterday. Considering that pitch I would say theres not a cats chance in Easter Rd of this game going ahead unless rain stops very quickly

Tom Barnaby

Rain never stopped here in Cupar whole day or good part of yesterday. Considering that pitch I would say theres not a cats chance in Easter Rd of this game going ahead unless rain stops very quickly

Just had call from better half telling me there is flooding on the Cupar Dundee road, as I live in the country close to Dundee will keep you up to date

Cupar Jambo

Just back from Dundee agree with Tom dont think there is much chance of this game going ahead

mahgrassyshoes

When I saw the forecast I was thinking much the same.

Add in the fact that there have been 3 games in under a week played on that pitch then there must be a doubt.

Any postponement would only be down to conditions and nothing to do with Utd having to play so many games in such a short space of time of course whistling.gif

Might be a bit of a blessing with our current injury problems...

Nucky Thompson

As the forecast is for the rain to stop tonight and to be dry all day tomorrow I predict that the match will go ahead

heartsfc_fan

Quite right.

Means we have an "easier" game at the weekend to worry about.

The Treasurer

As the forecast is for the rain to stop tonight and to be dry all day tomorrow I predict that the match will go ahead

Do you think when you "wake up it'll be a beautiful morning" biggrin.gif

Was thinking that myself. Rather play them with a full strength squad than a patched up one.

Captain Price

I recieved a text about 15 minutes ago from my good friend, a Dundee United supporter and the "Tiny Terror" mascot, saying that Tannadice was like a swimming pool today. Doubt the game will be on.

heartsfc_fan

Does that mean if they game is off tomorrow, will suspended players be ok to play on Saturday?

Palazuelos is one I can think of. Jonsson...?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I recieved a text about 15 minutes ago from my good friend, a Dundee United supporter and the "Tiny Terror" mascot, saying that Tannadice was like a swimming pool today. Doubt the game will be on.

Hope so cause I'm snowed under with course work so may have to miss it if it's tomorrow.

Does that mean if they game is off tomorrow, will suspended players be ok to play on Saturday?

Palazuelos is one I can think of. Jonsson...?

if the game is off then the players will still be suspended on sat

Its bright and sunny in Dundee today, not sure they will really need an inspection if the weather continue like this for the day.

Fort Vallance

Its bright and sunny in Dundee today, not sure they will really need an inspection if the weather continue like this for the day.

Apparently there's still a lot of water on the pitch. But since it's a cash gate they're desperate to play and working on it so it looks like game on.

scott herbertson

I know it's boring and easy but phoned united and game is on no pitch inspection planned

Excellent. if you ever want a job I have a vacancy for a secretary...

:thumbsup:

dkmmgcycbwc

I know it's boring and easy but phoned united and game is on no pitch inspection planned

And the Japan government says there is real nuclear threat...

they would say that wouldn't they?

Thanks anyway.

mahgrassyshoes

Is it expected to rain this evening?

I'm just wondering if they are planning get punters through the gates regardless of whether the game might get called off after it starts/ late on. Did they not have a game earlier in the season/last season against Rangers where it was called off half way through due to the weather and then they charged folked for the re-arranged game?

mahgrassyshoes

No rain expected

Good stuff :thumbsup:

Just looked out the window and it looks cracking. So it will be nice for the drive up and then freezing for actually watching the game! Braw :verymad:

Your lucky cant see a fecking thing , getting lift home on bypass just now

fog i should have said and no half asleep.. :rolleyes:

Archived