Rocky Visconte

Jambos

Rocky has won a championship winners medal with the Brisbane Roar and their come from behind win in the A League Final.

Just thought I would share this.

2010/11 seasonStats current as of 13 March 2011

Achievements Player Statistics

Results: 1st (Premiers)

Won: 18 Drawn: 11 Lost: 1

For: 58 Against: 26 Points: 65

After final series:

1st - Won Grand Final 4-2 on

penalties after ending 2-2

The leading scorers (including finals) are:

Kosta Barbarouses (12)

Jean Carlos Solorzano (11)

Mitch Nichols, Thomas Broich (6)

Reinaldo (5)

James Meyer, Erik Paartalu, Henrique (4)

Matt McKay (3)

Ivan Franjic, Matt Smith (2)

Rocky Visconte, Luke DeVere, Massimo Murdocca (1)

What's the standard of that league like?

Probably about the standard of the Scottish First Div, although the Grand Final drew a crowd of over 50,000, their average crowd for the season was closer to 12,000 per home game.

I have been to hampden watching Hearts in a few finals particularly the 2006 cup final.

Sunday watching Brisbane in front of over 50,000 was pure magic, the roar scored 2 goals in the last 3 min of the second period of extra time and then beat the Central Coast 4-2 on penalties.

Hearts should come to oz and play Brisbane in a pre season friendly, would be good to see, there are many Jambos fans over here.

MAJOR STEVE

Standard of the league is maybe like the 1st or 2nd division in scotland! You have players like bob malcom and some CB that used to play for Dumfermiline. I was at a match Last year North Queensland vs Gold coast utd, This is When robbie Fowler played for Queensland. He Could Hardly run but still managed to score 2. The refereeing standard is worse than here too, A linesman tried to call an offside from a throw-in, and yes He got as much abuse from me than a Linesman running up and down the main stand side would get

I enjoy watching the A League even though the quality isn't the highest. The games are played at a much slower tempo so they tend to score decent goals that are built up well. The pitches, generally, are much better so the ball is played on the deck.

I'm pretty sure it was Rocky that gave the Mariners player a wee push which forced the ball behind for a corner for the equaliser!

The standard is rubbish. Seen better games watching Nitten Star.

Use to live in Perth and went to a couple of games. Got so bored at the second game I left after half time. Think there are a couple of decent players in the league. The captain of Brisbane looks a decent wee player. Then you have the South Americans who get 10/10 for their diving efforts in the box.

But its funny hearing the old UK songs at games. Perth Glory had to ask fans not to sing certain words in songs!!!

BangkokHearts

Watched a turgid 0-0 between Melbourne Heart and Sydney FC late last year. Standard is pretty poor but it will get better.

The Thai Premier League is of a higher standard however.

If I remember rightly, Sydney FC drew 0-0 with Rangers this year in a friendly - Rangers beat Blackburn 2-1 in the same wee competition. A few years ago Celtic beat Brisbane 3-0 in Brisbane.

It's difficult to compare the two leagues (if you have no real interest in one, then you dont get caught up emotionally), but from what I've seen on TV, the Australian league looks as good as the bottom half of the SPL.

Archived