Norwich City v Bristol City

Guess The Crowd

Guess The Crowd

Another great performance from Norwich.

How good was Hoolahan? If Charlie Adam can go from being on loan at St Mirren to being a Premiership star, so too surely can this boy who was at Livingston not that long ago. Magnificent tonight I thought. :thumbsup:

shaun.lawson

How good was Hoolahan? If Charlie Adam can go from being on loan at St Mirren to being a Premiership star, so too surely can this boy who was at Livingston not that long ago. Magnificent tonight I thought. :thumbsup:

He wasn't magnificent with his Panenka attempt last week though. :angry::angry::angry:

But yes, he's doing great; so is the whole team. Lansbury especially has been amazing. A second straight promotion really could happen now... :o

He wasn't superb with his Panenka attempt last week though. :angry::angry::angry:

But yes, he's doing great; so is the whole team. Lansbury especially has been amazing. A second straight promotion really could happen now... :o

Nobody seems to want it.

Cardiff are in their annual post Xmas slump which they don't look like getting out of. Swansea seem to be feeling the pressure a bit, Forest are in shocking form.

To me of the teams challenging Leeds are the most likely to put a run together. Hopefully they come up, would be good to get a big club back in the Premiership.

Guess The Crowd

He wasn't magnificent with his Panenka attempt last week though. :angry::angry::angry:

Didn't see that, but they mentioned that he'd been the previous penalty taker. I was surprised, I assumed Holt would always have taken them - his penalty was Shearer-esque...

shaun.lawson

Nobody seems to want it.

Cardiff are in their annual post Xmas slump which they don't look like getting out of. Swansea seem to be feeling the pressure a bit, Forest are in shocking form.

To me of the teams challenging Leeds are the most likely to put a run together. Hopefully they come up, would be good to get a big club back in the Premiership.

How very dare you. :D

But yes, I agree about them. They'd be my tip for the play-offs at present, and might well go on a run. It's wide open - but with the others faltering, Norwich might just make it. The win at Leicester last week felt like a watershed TBH: best Norwich have played in a crunch away game like that in ages.

What a job Paul Lambert has done. Even if you don't get promoted he'll be getting talked up for a few Premiership jobs soon.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I always thought Hoolahan was a pretty good player for Livi tbf.

shaun.lawson

What a job Paul Lambert has done. Even if you don't get promoted he'll be getting talked up for a few Premiership jobs soon.

We know, we know. I've had "Lambert to Everton" burnished on my brain for months and months now. I'm absolutely convinced they'll be in for him if Moyes moves on; Villa might well be interested too if Houllier doesn't last there.

Lambert's probably the best manager in Norwich City's history. The turnaround he's overseen has been extraordinary.

We know, we know. I've had "Lambert to Everton" burnished on my brain for months and months now. I'm absolutely convinced they'll be in for him if Moyes moves on; Villa might well be interested too if Houllier doesn't last there.

Lambert's probably the best manager in Norwich City's history. The turnaround he's overseen has been extraordinary.

It's a catch 22 really, to bring you success you'll lose him to a bigger club. I'd like to think he'd want a go at the Premiership if he did take you up.

There's no way he'd reject a job at Villa or Everton though.

You reckon Moyes might go in the summer?

Would be gutted to see him go but it wouldn't surprise me. He's taken us as far as he can and I'm sure he'll be wanting a new challenge soon as it's starting to get a bit stale.

shaun.lawson

It's a catch 22 really, to bring you success you'll lose him to a bigger club. I'd like to think he'd want a go at the Premiership if he did take you up.

There's no way he'd reject a job at Villa or Everton though.

:Agree:

If we lose him, it'd be up to the equally brilliant Chief Executive, David McNally, to get his replacement right. At least there'd be no chance now of us making some lame, unambitious, typical Norwich (pre-McNally) choice. But however well we're playing, I think we're hugely over-achieving, and would be mid-table under almost any other manager. Lambert's extracting more from us than any other manager in the division IMO.

And of course, he couldn't turn either of those two down - plus he'll know that the chances of keeping us up on our measly budget are very, very remote. But if and when he leaves, he'll go with our eternal gratitude: what he's done for the club has been magnificent, and he's going right to the top.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Would be gutted to see him go but it wouldn't surprise me. He's taken us as far as he can and I'm sure he'll be wanting a new challenge soon as it's starting to get a bit stale.

Moyes looks like he's chucked it to me.

A man frustrated that he's taken the club as far as he can and they are on their way back down to mid-table.

shaun.lawson

I think it's possible. Without funds, how does he ever get you where he wants? More likely, I think, is if you start slowly again next season, he'll be gone by November or so - but I can't see how he takes you much further.

Nil satis nisi optimum? Through no fault of anyone's at Everton, it's more like nil satis nisi around-about-8th.

Moyes looks like he's chucked it to me.

A man frustrated that he's taken the club as far as he can and they are on their way back down to mid-table.

Will be gutted to see him go.

Uncle Walter didn't hand him over the best of sides to say the least, it's been amazing what Moyes has done with Everton.

:Agree:

If we lose him, it'd be up to the equally brilliant Chief Executive, David McNally, to get his replacement right. At least there'd be no chance now of us making some lame, unambitious, typical Norwich (pre-McNally) choice. But however well we're playing, I think we're hugely over-achieving, and would be mid-table under almost any other manager. Lambert's extracting more from us than any other manager in the division IMO.

And of course, he couldn't turn either of those two down - plus he'll know that the chances of keeping us up on our measly budget are very, very remote. But if and when he leaves, he'll go with our eternal gratitude: what he's done for the club has been magnificent, and he's going right to the top.

Who do you get to replace him when he's done such a job though? It'll be like the Benitez to Inter scenario in a smaller scale of course.

Hopefully he stays in England and tries to make himself a career there. Don't want to see him at Sellick any time soon. Plus, going from England back to Scotland always seems like an acceptance of defeat to me.

shaun.lawson

Who do you get to replace him when he's done such a job though? It'll be like the Benitez to Inter scenario in a smaller scale of course.

Hopefully he stays in England and tries to make himself a career there. Don't want to see him at Sellick any time soon. Plus, going from England back to Scotland always seems like an acceptance of defeat to me.

No chance of him moving to Celtic. None at all. He doesn't fancy the ludicrous goldfish bowl of Glasgow one bit; he knows that, as Strachan found, even success there doesn't result in a big job afterwards; and he's on record saying that playing other sides four times a season (and sometimes, as with Rangers this season, six or seven) is incredibly boring. All top managers in Britain want to manage in the EPL; I do think he might do a stint in Germany at some point though.

Who do Norwich get to replace him? God only knows. Malky Mackay I'd imagine - but then, Lambert himself was a surprise choice, so it'd be down to McNally's connections really.

Yeah tell me about it

Cost me ?200 :(

Always looked good whenever i have seen him play.

I think it's possible. Without funds, how does he ever get you where he wants? More likely, I think, is if you start slowly again next season, he'll be gone by November or so - but I can't see how he takes you much further.

Nil satis nisi optimum? Through no fault of anyone's at Everton, it's more like nil satis nisi around-about-8th.

The only thing that has kept him at Everton has been the lack of job opportunities at bigger clubs within the Premiership.

The only jobs ever available that he would be considered for would only ever really be sideways moves.

Same could still be said now really, but Everton are on the slide a bit so more jobs might seem appealing to him.

If Newcastle ever wanted to show some ambition I could see him ending up there.

shaun.lawson

The only thing that has kept him at Everton has been the lack of job opportunities at bigger clubs within the Premiership.

The only jobs ever available that he would be considered for would only ever really be sideways moves.

Same could still be said now really, but Everton are on the slide a bit so more jobs might seem appealing to him.

If Newcastle ever wanted to show some ambition I could see him ending up there.

I've always felt very sorry for him. Finishing 4th with that side in 04/5 was a bloody miracle; but then Villarreal happened. Then he built a far, far better squad - but the standard of the EPL rose so much that the best it could do was 5th, and not really that close to cracking the CL. Now, just as the standard's declined so much, Everton have headed into serious debt... :(

And as you say, he's always been trapped. The very biggest clubs won't employ him unless he's won things and had demonstrable CL success - but how does he do that at Everton? Newcastle is possible, I agree - but why doesn't he consider moving abroad? He's more than smart enough to succeed in somewhere like Germany I'd say.

Guess The Crowd

Nobody seems to want it.

You're quite right. When down at the Leeds-Norwich game recently, we were discussing how ridiculous it is that while Lancashire has 8 Premiership sides (including the Liverpool and Manchester teams), Yorkshire has none. Leeds are a massively bigger club than Wigan, Blackpool, Blackburn and Bolton - yet I'd argue that Norwich are too, with their magnificently loyal fans.

So hopefully Norwich and Leeds to go up with QPR.

Charlie-Brown

I think if it was down to Alex Ferguson & Bobby Charlton then either Davie Moyes or perhaps Alex McLeish would be the eventual replacement for Auld Taggart but seeing as it will probably be a Glazer board decision they will probably go for some trumpet like the special one or someone of that ilk

Charlie-Brown

I am tipping Reading to make the play-off places.

Who might Norwich next manager be? Malky Mackay or Sean O'Driscoll.

Archived