Andy Thorn temp. boss at Coventry

John

2 ex Hearts players

Was about to post the same. Aidy from Jordan era and thorn from jjs first spell? Is that right?

Andy Thorn only played 2 games for us IIRC. The 1-0 league cup quarter final win against Celtic and a 1-1 draw with Motherwell a few days later.

That Celtic game would definitely be in my top 5 Hearts games that I've been at - and Thorn's contribution was massive. The fact that we beat a really strong Celtic side with the likes of Van Hooydonk, Andreas Thom and Paolo Di Canio in it just 3 days after having our entire defence (Bruno, Weir, Pointon and Ritchie) sent off at Ibrox was a great achievement.

I remember reading an interview with Thorn where he said that he had gone for a 10km run near his house in London on the morning of the game as he had no idea that a matter of hours later he would be signing for Hearts on loan and playing in a league cup quarter final 400 miles away. He only got on a plane to Edinburgh a few hours before kick off.

I believe that game may also have been Gary Naysmith's first start for the club.

Randy Marsh

Andy Thorn only played 2 games for us IIRC. The 1-0 league cup quarter final win against Celtic and a 1-1 draw with Motherwell a few days later.

That Celtic game would definitely be in my top 5 Hearts games that I've been at - and Thorn's contribution was massive. The fact that we beat a really strong Celtic side with the likes of Van Hooydonk, Andreas Thom and Paolo Di Canio in it just 3 days after having our entire defence (Bruno, Weir, Pointon and Ritchie) sent off at Ibrox was a great achievement.

I remember reading an interview with Thorn where he said that he had gone for a 10km run near his house in London on the morning of the game as he had no idea that a matter of hours later he would be signing for Hearts on loan and playing in a league cup quarter final 400 miles away. He only got on a plane to Edinburgh a few hours before kick off.

I believe that game may also have been Gary Naysmith's first start for the club.

Think it was his first game. I also think he set up the winner for Robbo. Hard to believe that was 15 years ago - we should have gone on and won the League Cup that year.

Johanes de Silentio

Think it was his first game. I also think he set up the winner for Robbo. Hard to believe that was 15 years ago - we should have gone on and won the League Cup that year.

McCann set up Robbo after being played in by Fulters, I think?

Hadn't Naysmith played in the last game of the previous season at Motherwell? A one-all draw?

He'll have one cracking game followed up by another that everyone'll forget and then be let go. Mark my words.

Archived