Jens Lehmann

The Merse

shaun.lawson

FFS. Last season, he signs Sol Campbell. This season, he signs Jens Lehmann.

Wenger - what are you playing at? :blink:

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Apparently contract talks have become confusing for him, he wants it in Lehman terms.... :whistling:

Get out.

******* hell he was pish the first time around what's he going to be like now

Did he not play every game in the season they went undefeated? Also 60+ caps for Germany. Aye really pish.

Fozzyonthefence

Sir Alex Fergusone once signed Andy Goram and indeed William Prunier.

Funny old game innit?

He also signed Ralph Milne who he admitted was his worst ever signing - it was a bizarre signing of someone who's career was already in decline and apparently battling the booze.

Fozzyonthefence

Did he not play every game in the season they went undefeated? Also 60+ caps for Germany. Aye really pish.

I never rated him much either to be honest - made too many ****** ups but above all he was a complete ****** of a man & a cheat. Germany must have been struggling for keepers after Kahn retired.

SectionDJambo

Lehmann is an arrogant character who I would love to have played for us. No doubts about his determination not to have anybody get away with any liberties with his team. Went too far sometimes, certainly.

If you remember the goal that Fabianski got the blame for against Porto, when he gave the ref the ball, who then gave it to Porto for a quick freekick when all of the Arsenal team were still trotting back to build a wall? Lehmann would have taken the booking to make sure his team got back first. No way he would have just given it up.

But he is too old now, and hasn't played for ages.

Really worrying about Wenger. Already said I don't think he'll win everything but now signing this clown

He absolutely hated Almunia, & now he's gone back to help be back-up to Almunia

I P Knightley

Proper crackers suggestion.

Surely they could find another team which has little to play for who would be willing to let a keeper (more recently active than Lehmann) go out on loan for the remainder of the season??

I don't care what he done he never convinced me for either Arsenal or Germany(did he really get 60 caps I can only ever remember him as number 2 to Oliver Khan).For a goalkeeper the guy was also a sap.

I don't care what he done he never convinced me for either Arsenal or Germany(did he really get 60 caps I can only ever remember him as number 2 to Oliver Khan).For a goalkeeper the guy was also a sap.

Did you watch Lehmann? :mellow:

Commanding keeper, and took no bull.

******* hell he was pish the first time around what's he going to be like now

the goalie that didnt lose a match for a whole season aye right pal.

Doesnt matter what team gets talked about this thread highlights the utter throbbers that frequent this place, thats why yous are posting on message boards and wengers been managing a top team in the best league for oor ten years.

Archived