Wee bit about Kyle's Injury

HamishMcGonagall

Fourcandles

1st post, oooooofffftttt i'm a hobo!!! (i'm not really)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/9424487.stm

wee bit at then end about kyle's injury. Sounds like they're no further on than they were 6/7 wks ago, frustrating!

You can spell and put a sentance together - this pretty much eliminates the Hobo possibility !

Therefore welcome to JKB Hamish.

:thumbsup:

We really struggle without him, our attack has looked so weak without a focal point. We need to change the system we're playing now that he'll not be back.

Francis Albert

Thought the problem was his groin.

Now his hip is suspected?

Still, hardly a surprise given his history.

Does silence on Webster mean he'll be back?

We really struggle without him, our attack has looked so weak without a focal point. We need to change the system we're playing now that he'll not be back.

:o Should we not have done that 8 weeks ago? Rather that tring to get Stevo, Obua or Clum to do KK's job!

portobellojambo1

Thought the problem was his groin.

Now his hip is suspected?

Still, hardly a surprise given his history.

Does silence on Webster mean he'll be back?

I posted something on this after speaking with Kevin FA. As I said at the time his problem is similar to the problems Colin Cameron had at Hearts, in that they are unable to establish the source of it. In CC's case he was having problems with his balance and they finally discovered it was a historical problem relating to his teeth, and the type of gum shield he was wearing (that is why I was a bit wary with regards to those that were insisting KK just have surgery, after all they could have ended up spending a fortune getting surgery on the wrong part of his body).

Francis Albert

:o Should we not have done that 8 weeks ago? Rather that tring to get Stevo, Obua or Clum to do KK's job!

You are being uncommonly generous there. Given his history, the day we first thought of signing him might have been the time to think about "Plan B".

Having said that I think KK is not quite quite as indispensible as some do, and that our post-New Year decline in form has wider reasons than KK's absence.

portobellojambo1

The best we've looked since he went out was the 2nd half of the game down at Rugby Park versus Kilmarnock (2-1 win). In the 1st half we tried to play with Obua up front as a straight replacement, and it failed miserably. 2nd half we brought on Stephen Elliott and Gary Glen, played them up front, kept the ball on the deck and looked very impressive. I was surprised when we didn't persevere with this.

Francis Albert

I posted something on this after speaking with Kevin FA. As I said at the time his problem is similar to the problems Colin Cameron had at Hearts, in that they are unable to establish the source of it. In CC's case he was having problems with his balance and they finally discovered it was a historical problem relating to his teeth, and the type of gum shield he was wearing (that is why I was a bit wary with regards to those that were insisting KK just have surgery, after all they could have ended up spending a fortune getting surgery on the wrong part of his body).

Interesting. Thanks, I missed your earlier post. It does indeed put into perspective the medical advice people have been freely dishing out on JKB!

If the management team knew that he'd not be back, undoubtedly. I'm just saying it now because this is the first think we've really heard on his injury situation. If he was expected to be back, then we stick with the system that's served us well this season and try to get through. We now know that won't be the case.

We need to have someone else further forward as our striker has looked so isolated for the last few games. Whether that's Glen and Elliott or maybe even Templeton through the middle, but pushed further forward, I don't know what combination would be best but we need to apply far more pressure on to defenses than we have been and make them work harder for the ball.

Francis Albert

The best we've looked since he went out was the 2nd half of the game down at Rugby Park versus Kilmarnock (2-1 win). In the 1st half we tried to play with Obua up front as a straight replacement, and it failed miserably. 2nd half we brought on Stephen Elliott and Gary Glen, played them up front, kept the ball on the deck and looked very impressive. I was surprised when we didn't persevere with this.

Agreed. Even when Kyle is in the team, there is a risk which we sometimes fall into of over-reliance on him as a target man, but at least he is a good target man. To over-rely on Obua (or anyone else in our squad) as a target man is a recipe for failure.

That would be one solution, and the one I'd favour trying out first. We've still been playing diagonal balls from the full-backs up to Elliott/Clum/Obua and they just can't do the same job that Kyle does. Keep it on the floor and use our smaller and more technically gifted players to work defenders a different way, rather than drain their engery with meaty challenges all game from Kyle.

Sticking with the same system, when the fulcrum of your attack is out injured, is just stupid.

If the management team knew that he'd not be back, undoubtedly. I'm just saying it now because this is the first think we've really heard on his injury situation. If he was expected to be back, then we stick with the system that's served us well this season and try to get through. We now know that won't be the case.

We need to have someone else further forward as our striker has looked so isolated for the last few games. Whether that's Glen and Elliott or maybe even Templeton through the middle, but pushed further forward, I don't know what combination would be best but we need to apply far more pressure on to defenses than we have been and make them work harder for the ball.

Yes the formation served us well but when we are unable to play the system we should adapt. Do agree with you mostly.

jambo_til_i_die

This long for what was it? A groin strain? I recovered from mine in 3 days last week ;) FFS KK!

Clerry Jambo

Catch you next season, KK. :(

I agree Charles, we were always short in the attacking options even with Kyle, very disappointing

Malcolm Tucker

this seasons.

driver/kingston/bosnian bullet/pinilla

Driver is this season's Driver.

And he's none of the other three. For a start he's our top scorer.

Thanks.

The Old Tolbooth

100% this!! :thumbsup:

Jambof3tornado

This long for what was it? A groin strain? I recovered from mine in 3 days last week ;) FFS KK!

Aye but yours was just from excessive ######!

Tommy Wiseau

I agree Charles, we were always short in the attacking options even with Kyle, very disappointing

Hopefully JJ will sort it out over the summer. We really need another striker with a physical presence. One with a bit of pace would be good as well, but beggars can't be choosers. :lol:

this seasons.

driver/kingston/bosnian bullet/pinilla

It must be a tough shift for you, Winston. Trolling your way round the board with nary a bite in sight for months. :(

It's obvious to anyone watching Hearts that when we keep it on the deck we look good. We can manage without Kyle with a bit of adaption.

Half a season out of him. He has always had injury problems. We knew that when he signed.

I don't know if he is worth the money he is on if he is going to pick up half a seasons wage for free every year.

Archived