Saddest thing

CBjambo

Sorry guys second thread in as many minutes but I'm watchin sortscene and Chris Millar has just scored fir St Johnstone and as he runs away to celebrate he kisses the St J badge.... Even the lads on the St J bench took the piss out if him!

I can't stand the badge kissin... But St Johnstone?!?! Seriously?!

Sorry guys second thread in as many minutes but I'm watchin sortscene and Chris Millar has just scored fir St Johnstone and as he runs away to celebrate he kisses the St J badge.... Even the lads on the St J bench took the piss out if him!

I can't stand the badge kissin... But St Johnstone?!?! Seriously?!

Nothing wrong when the players have emotional ties to a club IMO.

Yeah fair do's... If he's Perth born and bred?!

My mate is a St J fan and he's quite passionate about them... I just thought it was funny to see someone runnin to a few dozen fans kiisin the badge!!!

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Seems fair enough to me. Nothing wrong with St Johnstone, not everyones a Hearts fan for some reason ;)

Malcolm Tucker

Don't see anything wrong with it tbh?

The boy wants to show the fans how much he loves his team. That'll endear him to them even more. No harm in it, innit.

Was just looking over his Wiki page and noticed he's won the 3rd, 2nd and 1st division titles in his career.

GET HIM SIGNED!!! He's the final piece of the puzzle.

cool.gif

Ok... So it was a few more than a few dozen... Just don't like the whole badge kissing thing.

I found it rather amusing last night... But I guess I was removed from the euphoria of scoring against Brechin...

All the best to the lad.

Creepy Lurker

Yeah fair do's... If he's Perth born and bred?!

My mate is a St J fan and he's quite passionate about them... I just thought it was funny to see someone runnin to a few dozen fans kiisin the badge!!!

At what point does a club become 'big enough' for that kind of thing? It's exactly this kind of attitude that infuriates us so much when directed by Old Firm fans towards the rest of the SPL.

Having said that, badge kissing in general is usually a bit crap. With very rare exceptions, players who do it would be away in a shot if a better offer came in.

Buffalo Bill

If I scored for Hearts, I would kiss the badge, vault the advertising and run naked down Gorgie Road, carrying on to Dalry.

Horatio Caine

If I scored for Hearts, I would kiss the badge, vault the advertising and run naked down Gorgie Road, carrying on to Dalry.

You do realise you would be yellow carded for that?

What? without even stopping for a pint? :mellow::thumbsup:

You do realise you would be yellow carded for that?

[/q

The ref would have to catch him firstthumbsup.gif

I saw that myself on the highlights, with most of the dugout in on the joke ?

However I wonder now if there wasn't a bit more too it?

hearts_crazy

And leave your team down to ten men. Judas!

I would kiss the badge, in fact I would shag the badge if I thought it would do any good.

Sterling Archer

It's only bad to kiss the badge if you change your mind shortly after and chest thump while playing for another team....

Badge kissing is fine if you have an attachement to the club and have supported them as a boy for example, however badge kissing to try and win the fans over is a disgrace and shouldn't be tolerated.

Does anyone else recall that little tramp Nacho Novo stating that when he was being dragged up in Spain that Rangers were his Scottish team?? The currant buns bought it hook, line and sinker and thus he was deemed a "Cult Hero" by sections of the media and their supporters.

He couldn't even spell Rangers neverless point to their ground on a map.

Peasant!

:ninja:

hi

Crabbe, Robbo, Locke, Blackie kissing the badge I have no problem with

Rudi, no problem as he seems to have grown a genuine affection.

But there was a pic in the EEN showing Hibs new boy Polson? who's on loan, and played less than ten games doing it, now I'd be embarassed if that was one of our players.

Morgaro Gomis

Crabbe, Robbo, Locke, Blackie kissing the badge I have no problem with

Rudi, no problem as he seems to have grown a genuine affection.

But there was a pic in the EEN showing Hibs new boy Polson? who's on loan, and played less than ten games doing it, now I'd be embarassed if that was one of our players.

Palsson isn't on loan, if memory serves me correctly. Signed a 18 month contract, I believe. However; I agree, badge kissing when there is little to no, known affection to the club is cringe-worthy, in my opinion.

Archived