Think we should sign John Sutton

CBjambo

Sutton looked good today against Utd and he's free at the end of this season... Daly for Utd looked not bad too!

If rumour has it that we are interested in Bauban (spell?!) and Conway fir next season as well as Taiuol (spell?!), Diamond, Weir then surely Sutton would be a great buy... A definite player in the Kyle mould but with more mobility.

Just sayin....

Would take John Sutton in an instant at Hearts. Good target man, and would be a fantastic squad addition for next season, although maybe JJ has one eye on Gordon Smith who's doing so well right now as a future replacement for Kyle.

He looks good everytime I see him play but as usual he is mostly deemed not good enough on here.I suppose my gripe goes back to the days when posters on here also said the likes of Scott MacDonald and that were also not good enough.Proven fact Sutton is just as much a handful as Kyle but scores more goals(take away Kyle's penalties)

Gods a Jambo

I would take him in a second, a hard worker who can finish well enough with both head and feet.

Romanov Stole My Pension

Probably completely irrelevant but at the moment he's a 1st year Chemistry student at Glasgow Uni. I've no idea how he plans on studying 2nd year around football but maybe Motherwell being close by suits him well for travelling.

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Probably completely irrelevant but at the moment he's a 1st year Chemistry student at Glasgow Uni. I've no idea how he plans on studying 2nd year around football but maybe Motherwell being close by suits him well for travelling.

Really? That's amazing. Fair play to him.

Horatio Caine

It'll be interesting to see what the results of JJ's visit to Vlad will be this week.

All roads lead to Gorgie

It would certainly keep KK on his toes as I see Sutton more of a rival for the number nine spot so to speak. Having said that a John Daly type of penalty box poacher is more what we need imo. Elliott is good but drifts about the pitch a bit, what we need is someone busting a gut to get in the six yard box. However I would snap up Sutton if we could. :thumbsup:

John Sutton is a terrific player in my view.

I'd be surprised if he didn't have better offers to consider come summer.

If he is serious about doing his degree (fair play to him) then I think the commitment required from a club like Hearts may make it difficult for him.

Nelly Terraces

John Sutton is a terrific player in my view.

I'd be surprised if he didn't have better offers to consider come summer.

If he is serious about doing his degree (fair play to him) then I think the commitment required from a club like Hearts may make it difficult for him.

He could get his 1st year under his belt at Uni then could study at the Open Uni after that, guessing that being a footballer, he'd have quite a bit of spare time on his hands to do that. Fair play to the bloke for thiking ahead for when his football career finishes.

JamboAberdeen

He would be ideal signing to provide competition to KK who seems to be available only for half season.

But won't be surprised if he decided to go down south who could offer much higher wage than us could.

gorgie_rebel

Looks pretty decent from what I've seen of him recently and could do a job for us.

Would think that a few clubs will be looking at him come the summer though and we could be priced out of the equasion.

maroonshrew

I dont want to be too smug but ie been suggesting him for ages on here. A couple of times in fact and the popularity of my suggestion has been increasing so Im glad I seem to be in the majority now.

The Old Tolbooth

What is going to earn him the most money, a degree in chemistry, or a move to a decent club away from that shit tip with a decent wage? :whistling:

I'm sure his chemistry degree can go on hold for a few years until his income dries up :thumbsup:

Think he would be a great signing if we could get him

Agreed.

I think there will be a few Championship teams looking at him though :down:

jambo_til_i_die

Agreed.

I think there will be a few Championship teams looking at him though :down:

Vinny, when are you buying out Vlad!? :lol:

mahgrassyshoes

Heriot Watt has a pretty good chemistry department... just saying.:ninja:

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

What is going to earn him the most money, a degree in chemistry, or a move to a decent club away from that shit tip with a decent wage? :whistling:

I'm sure his chemistry degree can go on hold for a few years until his income dries up :thumbsup:

What a Scouse attitude to life :laugh:

"Stuff yer science degree kidda, it's worth nowt laaaa'. Play football instead"

Only a Game

He'll be a lot fitter next season as well having spent his first year at Uni smoking dope, eating pot noodles and getting pissed like everyone else does. :thumbsup:

rudi must stay

Would take John Sutton in an instant at Hearts. Good target man, and would be a fantastic squad addition for next season, although maybe JJ has one eye on Gordon Smith who's doing so well right now as a future replacement for Kyle.

a partner for Kyle perhaps, but Smith would struggle as a target man IMO.

hartleysjam

I dont want to be too smug but ie been suggesting him for ages on here. A couple of times in fact and the popularity of my suggestion has been increasing so Im glad I seem to be in the majority now.

yep but he seems to be a better player now - sign him up no probs B)

Exactly the sort of player we should be signing. With the likes of Driver and Temps on the wings, he'd bang in a few goals for us.

Archived